Being Easter Sunday I accepted my mother's offer to join her for Sunday lunch but then I realised my sister would be invited as well . My mum is now perefectly happy with Teresa or Terri to her but my sister has never met me as such before . I did play safe and kept dressing simple , smart black jeans , a black blouse with white bird motifs and a grey cardigan with black ankle boots . I applied my normal level of makeup and wig .

I ran slightly late and my sister had already arrived , as I walked in I apologised for being late , she turned and smiled gave my a quick glance and said hello , then carried on helping with the meal . We sat round the meal table and chatted perfectly normally and after talked about an article in the local newspaper about old pictures of the town and our school days . As she was leaving I asked if she would be happy bring mum to my home so I can cook lunch for them both , she smiled and replied no problem let me know when .

It went better than I expected , she didn't bat an eye over the change in me which was lovely for my mother and a great relief for me .