Thread: Returning to normal. T girls out and about again!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Returning to normal. T girls out and about again!

Went to another T Girl nite event last nite hosted by Jaime of Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach fame. Maybe 40 girls total? Hadn't seen many in over a year! Only one mask, besides mine!
    (Pics coming soon!)

So many there have had their shots, as have I. And, we r feeling bolder and anxious to return to the active T girl social lives we had before Covid! That's how things r in SoCal. If we r careful, keep getting our shots, etc. and cases keep dropping here as they have the last month+, we may have some semblance of normality out in public by summer's end!

How r things where u r?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I really need to attend one of those events. Can't wait to have a night out at the Ontario Hamburger Mary's
    Last edited by Diane426; 04-04-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    Diane. 🎀

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    While I appreciate it's great to meet others , don't you feel it's too soon to to be taking unnecessary risks with the virus otherwise cases will be on the rise and everything will be locked down again .

I accept I'm getting impatient but I personally don't want to enter another lockdown as most of Europe appears to be .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, I can only speak to what I saw there last nite, Teresa. The industrial building has what appear to be at least 18' ceilings. There were never more than 5 girls on the indoor dance floor. So, u could remain 4+ feet away at all times. Since it was too loud to talk inside, the girls went outside to socialize. Where there was an "L" shaped, 2 sided tent set up. With fans blowing warm air thru it. Altho I didn't sit inside it, (too much cigarette smoke), many of the girls did sit close to each other. But, here in the OC, our new Covid case count is under 5 people per day per 100,000 residents. So, I think we all feel pretty safe! As did I. With my shots, masked, and distancing except for a few close, fast, greetings.

I'll post some photos of it in the "Photos" section soon. That'll explain better that I can here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Those are very low numbers, in my city it’s 5x higher than that (the driving force being younger people, presumably fed up with a year of this). Glad that some are able to enjoy themselves! My personal preference will be to hang out with the muggles and enjoy some music once I can.

In CT the variants are increasing in talleys. Its just the virus trying to survive in its current form. We are slowly opening up and vaccinations are open up to 16yrs plus. i.e. all hands on deck. We are feeling very confident....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

In my opinion a bit to early to claim victory. I'm fully immunized but i'm still cautious regarding pre pandemic gatherings.

Reality Check
    Different parts of the world are in different stages regarding Covid 19. Where I live, people are expected to wear masks and many businesses have put up plastic shields to shield cashiers from customers, but restaurants and businesses are pretty much open and if you want to go somewhere you can.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-05-2021 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Don't want to veer off in that direction.
    Krisi

Wish things would begin again here on the east coast.
    I really miss having a night out with the ladies.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not planning any gatherings but looking forward to shopping again and some girly meals out. New outfits already hanging up ready!

In France only 65+ could get shots so far. More and more of them are talking about taking risks again, family meetings, reopening restaurants and bars just for them (generational solidarity here we come), etc. While the young and younger are asked to stay home and be extra cautious to protect their elders (and themselves too for the ones my age).
    Soon we will be seeing cities thriving with senior activity while the younger will be locked home.
    A Venusian visitor landing there will think an alternate ending of Logan's Run happened to Earth!

Doc,

I just hope my favorite clubs will still be there when things really pick up. I get my 2nd shot next week , yea. I am thinking the country in general will be in pretty good shape for reopening mid summer. I can not do anything for those who decide not to vaccinate. Once I am fully vaccinated, what else is there to do but go back to normal? The covid variants will never go away completely because this thing is world wide and the next variant is always 1 plane ride away. So as long as the shots prevent hospitalization and death, seems like we should get back to normal. I just hope people go get their shots first.

Sandi