Thread: a man dressed as a rockchick

a man dressed as a rockchick

As you might know, I have found the perfect combination, crossdressing and music. I am not a MIAD or a MIS, I am a man dressed as a rockchick (MDAARC). I especially like to play David Bowie-songs (aint that strange for a crossdresser?). But there is something, I like to share with you here. I never liked copying music. There must be a 100.000 guitarplayers in the world who can play the exact solo of Comfortably Numb. In my opinion, you should not try to copy great artists. Great artists like David Bowie and Roger Waters are pure and original. You can get inspired by them, and play their songs, but make your own version. With the songs of David Bowie there is one extra problem: his unique voice. Nobody can sing like David Bowie, so why bother to try. My Bowie-covers are a personal interpretation, and most of the times I use the original version more as an inspriration than as a model. Sometimes I even change chords. Nobody sounds like Bowie, but that does not mean we can not enjoy playing his songs. What do you think? Fiona de Wilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqO0zM_JRI

Fiona

Some artists are just born with the gift... Dylan, stones, led zeppelin, Elvis, Van Morrison from the past, Coldplay, U2, Radiohead, waters more recently

I could list many more..

Even when they take or borrow from others it?s class

Led zeppelin took howling wolf song and made the lemon song their own, they also took Robert Johnson and again made it art.

I have many albums from these artists and they are a joy to have.
    Blood on the tracks by Dylan or a thousand sun by linkin park being examples, I could listen to these albums all day

Similar to some actors, what they do, they were born to do

I am so glad you decided to do this one !!! YES !!!
    Thank you Fiona !
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Great video, Fiona! Yes, even in classical music there are differences in interpretation, emphasis, tempo, instrumentation and so forth. I recall Virgil Fox complaining about purists who insisted that "Bach should never be 'interpreted'"; that "his notes speak for themselves" and should be played exactly as he wrote them, and what a load of rubbish that all was. And jazz, or course, is all about improvisation.

Platinum Member
    Hi Fiona , You really have it figured out, It's really working for you, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    As a retired professional musician, I have seen and played with far too many people who don't play it like the original because they can't play it like the original. They don't have the skills or the talent.

If you are playing for your own enjoyment, you can play it however you can and however you like. If you expect to be paid to play, you need to play it like the original. That's what the people want to hear.
    Krisi

I enjoy your covers with your own unique sound as opposed to covering them note for note. I prefer to write and record my own songs but that is simply a personal preference. No cover is going to sound exactly like the artist, not even tribute bands are able to nail it exactly like the original. Voices sound different, instruments and sound is slightly different, exact covers are hard to do.

As someone who owns four electrics, a bass, an acoustic and home studio I appreciate the work that goes into it. Not just the performance but everything from the green screen videos with backgrounds to the recording process and sound. I think you do a great job.

A new rock star has born!!! I love so much all your covers. Keep it up!