Quote Originally Posted by Kat42 View Post
I used* to drive a Miata MX5 and got teased as "It's a girls car". I always answered back, Mebbe so, but it's hella fun!
A friend of mine drove one of those too. Big hefty guy. Rode a motorcycle as well. If anyone ever told him it was a "girl's car," I imagine he would just stare at them with a look of withering contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
I have driven a standard shift ( manual ) most of my adult life and I am used to it . I also get a large ins discount for that because most of the young people interested in stealing a car here cannot drive a manual transmission.
Gee Dutchess, whatever is our youth coming to? How degenerate! Whatever happened to the days of the Beach Boys? It seemed that "four on the floor" was the thing to drive back then (as opposed to "three on the tree)". My Little Deuce Coupe:

She's got a competition clutch with the four on the floor
And she purrs like a kitten 'til the Lake pipes roar

Then there was My 409:

When I take her to the track she really shines
(Giddy up, giddy up 409)
She always turns in the fastest times
(Giddy up, giddy up 409)
My four speed, dual quad, Posi-Traction 409

And Ronnie and the Daytonas, not to be outdone:

Little GTO, you're really lookin' fine
Three deuces and a four-speed
And a three-eighty-nine
Listen to her tachin' up now
Listen to her whi-i-ine
C'mon, turn it on, wind it up, blow it out, GTO!

I'll bet that song sold a lot of Pontiacs! (How sad to see the demise of Pontiac! I used to drive one long ago. More degeneracy.)

At least we made sure our daughter could drive a stick. She still does, a six-speed. Technology has advanced, while much of our youth has regressed!