Thread: Confused on Gender... Unique Solution

Confused on Gender... Unique Solution

I had a recent encounter when the young gentleman was a little confused.

Maybe presentation was not at my best or it may have been my voice.

Recently I was visiting a local garage to have a tyre changed.

He only asked for a surname for the receipt which was fine.

When I looked at it later I found out he must have been a little confused.

It did not say Miss or Mister he had chosen a suitable alternative

He decided I would be "Doctor Preston"

That must be the quickest way I have ever qualified for anything.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

That's a clever, but respectful, way of dealing with the uncertainty.
    (Congratulations on your new qualification Dr. Preston.)
    Last edited by Krea; 04-11-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Banned Read only
    Shelly ,
    Next time we meet up any chance you could give me a check up ? So funny , Dr. Shelly Preston , has quite a ring to it !!

When I first registered my name change with Boots the sales girl asked what title I prefered , before I could answer she had clicked on " Reverend " , we both had a laugh about that .

The one that we had a big joke about was my name change for my Toolstation account , for some unknown reason they had me down as " Granville Rochford " . So the last time I collected my order for fence paint I told the sales girl I'd come to collect the paint for the Granville Rochford Estate , she got the message after she'd stopped laughing and changed it to my femme name .

Cute story, Shelly.

Just think of all of the university time that you bypassed to get to where you are today.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-11-2021 at 07:41 AM.

That is funny!

What a great story. Your auto mechanic has a great sense of humor and is very respectful of who you are. Have you considered an avatar change to a white coat and a stethoscope replacing the necklace?

Love that
    I think that will be my name for you from now on.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

The two best gender neutral titles are Dr and Professor (I get to use them both) - though Reverend pretty is good too Terri
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 04-12-2021 at 01:50 AM.

That's so sweet, what a lovely way for the guy in the garage to deal with the situation when he wasn't sure.

I agree Reverend would be nice to be called though.... Reverend Gilly has a nice ring to it!

Great story Shelley maybe I can book appointment with you to check my blood pressure and listen to my heart !!! lol
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelly , That was great Thanks for sharing, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't really blame him, some people have an itchy google review trigger finger.

Ultimately though, why do so many of us think we have gone fully undetectable the moment we put on a dress? You'd have to inhale a lot of exhaust fumes to truly be confused as to who we are.

Red face

There is a follow up to the story

Since the garage is part of a nationwide chain they do share information.

I know this because I received a call asking to speak to Doctor Preston I don't remember exactly why but it did put a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    What a great story. Your auto mechanic has a great sense of humor and is very respectful of who you are. Have you considered an avatar change to a white coat and a stethoscope replacing the necklace?
    Gretchen, that is a great idea but I don't have a white coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa
    Shelly ,

Next time we meet up any chance you could give me a check up ? So funny , Dr. Shelly Preston , has quite a ring to it !!
    I agree Teresa. I like the ring it has too

Quote Originally Posted by Krea View Post
    That's a clever, but respectful, way of dealing with the uncertainty.
    (Congratulations on your new qualification Dr. Preston.)
    Krea, I think my Doctorate is in the field of useless information. to be fair it is wide ranging and varied.

Thank you all for the comments.
    Shelly

Well the "School of Hard Knocks" could be your collage! So maybe you've earned it!?

I keep getting mail from Ohio State School of Dentistry that addresses to me as "Doctor." I actually had to call them twice to correct the mistake but I've held onto the publication for fun and reference (don't really know what I could use it for).

I think his answer to the situation was brilliant! I've never thought of this choice. So thanks for sharing!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hmmm. Why do I not think that to be funny or unusual? And, certainly not unique, Doc Shelly. Welcome to the club!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc,

I am not surprised it does seem a little different to you.

I wonder how exclusive this club is
    Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Shelly ,

When I first registered my name change with Boots the sales girl asked what title I prefered , before I could answer she had clicked on " Reverend " , we both had a laugh about that .

The one that we had a big joke about was my name change for my Toolstation account , for some unknown reason they had me down as " Granville Rochford " . So the last time I collected my order for fence paint I told the sales girl I'd come to collect the paint for the Granville Rochford Estate , she got the message after she'd stopped laughing and changed it to my femme name .
    I think that "Granville Rochford" is an awesome name, and the only way it could have been improved upon is by perhaps adding the suffix "III" to it, as in "Granville Rochford III" . It has a decidedly patrician ring to it, and is worthy of belonging to a suave matinee idol heartthrob along the lines of a Cary Grant or a Rock Hudson.

Too bad you let go of it...that moniker would have looked highly impressive on some fine stationary. That, or as a nom de plume on some of your fine artwork in the event that you wished to preserve your anonymity for it .