Thread: Interesting Winter Realization

Interesting Winter Realization

As I was doing laundry I realized I wore the same pants for all winter without washing them. Granted I only wore these pants for maybe 10 or 12 hours total. I would wear them for a few minutes to get my kid off the bus (which is about once a week since he only goes two days a week and half the time someone else in my house can get him off the bus instead of interrupting my work). And I wore them a couple occasions for small errands around town. I did wear my Buffalo Bills pajama pants for the AFC championship game too (since I don't have a Bill skirt or dress). But the rest of the winter I wore skirts and dresses. For most outings and errands. For all my running (with leggings on cold days). Sometimes if I was wearing something a little too girly for my wife she would suggest I swap to a jean skirt for an outing which I had no problem with (nicer to have pockets when going out anyways).

It really makes me appreciate how supportive my wife and kids are so that this was even possible.

Now that spring is here I don't mind wearing cargo shorts sometimes (useful when working on the house or biking with the kids). It's just that I hate pants. And prefer skirts and dresses. And shorts some limbo in between but have useful utility.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wash things when they NEED washing. That means when they look dirty, show perspiration marks, or develop an odor. I have a very sensitive sense of smell!

Most of my women's outer clothing hasn't been washed in 25 years!
    But, some of those things have only been worn for minutes in all that time. And, I can't think of even one blouse, skirt, or dress I've worn for 12 hours!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I know the feeling if hating pants. Sadly I did wear pants a lot this winter. Must be getting old I felt cold and wore pants so often. They were of the female variety so not so bad but still.

hello Asew,
    I really do hope you are using the word "pants" in the American sense of the word (trousers) rather than the English (underpants)!
    stay healthy,
    luv J

jacques, when I say pants I am talking about the outerwear and not the underwear Anything that directly touches my armpits, crotch, and feet go in the hamper once I shower so no reusing things like underwear and socks.

Hi Asew, at Christmas I received a ladies padded coat with fur (fake) trimmed hood. It has been invaluable to getting out of the house during lockdown. Leggings or skinny jeans, sneakers or Chelsea boots, mask, sunglasses (in England!) and purse have been my go to look. It has now developed quite a smell, but since that is DKNY Be Delicious, I don't mind. Sadly I think it may have to be quarantined soon for at least six months. Hugs Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello Asew,
    I really do hope you are using the word "pants" in the American sense of the word (trousers) rather than the English (underpants)!
    stay healthy,
    luv J
    Hmmm...I always thought that the preferred word for that type of underwear for you folks on the other side of the pond was "knickers"...or at least the female version thereof...

Oh gosh, I was raised to wear skirts and dresses.
    If I could, without being selfish, I would probably be wearing a skirt or jumper everyday.
    If you have to wear cargo shorts, *yuck* it means you have butch chores....ya, me too.
    You could wear a skort too....pockets might be a challenge to find.
    I tried to train my wife to change oil, mow the lawn, mend a electric switch, fix the sink, and take out the trash....and she could in a pinch.
    I suppose I should count my blessings as she works and I am the homemaker, chief bottle washer, and cook.
    You must break a fingernail or too, like me....I need more pampering to mend my poor girly fingernails!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Sharon, I got a nice warm jacket for winter and barely wore it because I would get too hot in it when going to the store or something, so I could only wear it if I was just outside like shoveling.

Candy, I have a "cargo" pocket skort but the it only has the one pocket and it barely fits my phone so it doesn't have the utility desired. I remember the 90s with cargo pocket skirts (both maxi and midi) and totally want a few but hard time finding something I like. My sister says I should just make my own. Then we she said I should make her one. Then she said we make a company selling them. She is really overthinking my sewing skills
    Look down at my hands, 2 recovering broken nails and a bunch of scabs from yardwork scratches (should have used gloves).