Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever wonder....

This is a question that will never be answered. Many men a deep in the closet. Most of us are.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    How would you know? and its not like it would be an easy question to bring up with someone.

Between 15 and 18 I would dress up with my neighborhood friends, up to four at a time.
    Sometimes the local girls would do our makeup.
    The CD parties stopped right around age 18.

As the years past I went into deep into the closet and the only time my friends saw me dress was at a few Halloween Parties.
    When a friend would ask if I still dress I would say "only for Halloween".
    I never asked if any of them still dress.

Over the years on a few occasions at places I've worked I would say to the guys "Friday is wear a dress to work day".
    At least three times guys would go along and say stuff like "Ya a nice evening gown".

Years after one of my uncle passed my aunt told my wife and I that he dressed up a few times over the years.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 05-04-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It's probably easier at this point to admit to being gay or trans than a crossdresser.

I had a colleague who commented in an admiring way on some tights and heels a woman was wearing...the same way I would observe quietly to myself, and I had to wonder whether he might be in the closet too. Like me, he seemed to know far more about female fashions than most men do. But how do you discreetly bring that up in conversation?
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I constantly wonder about it, although I'm certain none of my close male friends are and then I remember that *I* am probably the statistical representation of cding among my friends, lol. One time I I was out and I saw a tall, really pretty, and really fit CD at the bar and I'm sure I made her uncomfortable bc I was staring at her and wondering if she was my friend underneath her tight red dress and great make up. About a year later I almost asked my friend--"both" of us in drab by the way--if he was a cd and oh I'm so glad I didn't. But I learned that day that the pink fog has reach!

I have always wondered about everyone I know. Can't help but wonder. I wish you could be open to wearing what you want and it didn't matter or have to hide who are.
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    Before I retired I observed the women in my office would go down to the street and watch the guys strut their stuff during the annual "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" fund raiser. Most of the guys were timid or just plain afraid of having too much fun and only wore feminine flip-flips. However, some guys were fairly adept with walking in a moderately high heel. The women would stand there are try to guess whether this guy or that guy was a cross dresser.

My supervisor said she had dressed her husband up one Halloween in one of her high school prom dresses she still had in the closet along with heels and wig and makeup. He was the same height and build as her. All the women asked if she had pictures. To say the least I was envious. I also wonder what any of these women would do if their husband's wanted to cross dress. NIMBY? But great to conjecture about others.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    This is a question that will never be answered. Many men a deep in the closet. Most of us are.
    And then there’s the question of “what is crossdressing”. If you put on a pair of panties for sexual gratification, is that crossdressing? I know people who do that who would adamantly refute that it’s CDing, and yet many here would say it is...

Many definitions of crossdressing indeed.
    This morning I could not find that shirt I was looking for, arrrrhh! I was really cross, dressing.
    Romans practiced cross-dressing on mount G. long ago.
    A friend of mine once served a pie with gravy instead of caramel topping. Cross dressing (or gross dressing).
    Christopher Cross' SO could probably see Cross dressing everyday.
    Getting late. Feel free to continue. Good night.

In the mid 1990s I used to work shifts with a manly guy with a bristling moustache. He liked tuning his car and fiddling with computers, swore like a trooper, chewed gum with his mouth open and was not at all fashion conscious. He was very likeable though, and single, and the only reason I could come up with for his being single was the fact that he kept big spiders and snakes in tanks at home. Two things stood out about him that were different to other stereotypically "manly" men were that he was always very nice to women, never ever making rude comments about them or their bodies, and he kept a collection of Svarovski crystal at home, which I think is unusual for a single guy. Anyway, I left that place of work in 1998 and we lost contact for a long time since we then lived hundreds of miles apart. We became friends on Facebook in about 2016 (I think), and then after about 8 months he suddenly announced on FB that he was changing his name and going to transition. A little while later she officially became Lucy and began the transitioning process. She was the absolute last person I'd have suspected to have trans tendencies. So I guess you never know until you know.
    Last edited by Melanie Sykes; 05-06-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Typo

There have to be others. There was someone at work years ago who allegedly told a girl he was into cross dressing, and people said some pretty mean things about him. I didn't know what to say.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Nah, I really don't wonder who, out of my friends/acquaintances are CD'ers..... If they are cool, if not, cool. Don't really care either way, cause none of them know that I'm a CD'er. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.