Thread: Sometimes you can't win for trying...but honest I'm not complaining

Sometimes you can't win for trying...but honest I'm not complaining

A couple of days ago after some new Danielle outfits arrived in the mail my wife made a comment that she noticed I have more Danielle clothes in the closet than my boy clothes. Well, duh? They are much more interesting and pretty than my boy stuff . I don't know why it was a surprise to her since I had told he a couple of months ago it was official that I had more dresses hanging in the closet than Dave's shirts and tops. Yesterday she noticed the destined for the thrift shop bag in our closet was much fuller. I said I had added 10 Danielle dresses hoping she would be impressed but nope instead received some comment about that wasn't really good enough. Sometimes you can't win for trying. I'm hoping maybe she was just in a bad mood or something because she does try so hard to be understanding and supportive of my Danielle needs.

Here's a photo of the Danielle/Dave closet to prove Danielle hasn't taken over the closet...yet. Danielle's dresses are on the left where the garment bags start. The two bins on the top shelf are shoes in one and wigs in the another. The bin on the floor is bras, panties, hose, hip pads, boobs, jewellery, and shape wear. Beside that that bin to the left is a fishing tackle box with most of Danielle's makeup supplies. My personal opinion is my wife shouldn't complain until I ask if there is room on her side for some of Danielle's things . Only kidding, I wouldn't be stupid enough to say something like that to ruin her accepting nature.

DSC_1351.jpg

Right now as I compose this post I'm sitting at the computer relaxing in a cute autumn (spring for all of you north of the equator)) dress with matching heels and accessories. And a note to my email girlfriends here that Candy has mentioned it is a different dress than the one I told you about in a separate email.

No makeup on , but it still feels wonderful looking down at cleavage and and nice smooth pantyhose clad legs. As I have gotten older the hair growth on my legs has diminished greatly. On my calves only some long random hairs that I simply pluck out. Otherwise only a patch of hair on my kneecap that mainly looks like I have been kneeling down in dirt. So yesterday I waxed the patch off. I wonder how long before my wife notices and if she will be upset. In the past it has taken a couple of weeks for her to notice and I have said to her if she didn't notice I don't think she really needs to worry about anyone else including family paying attention. If any family members do ask about it I guess I will tell them the truth. No, not about Danielle, but that I was simply tired with the dirty kneecap look. Or I could add plus smooth legs look much better in pantyhose and high heels. On second thought I think I will stick to the dirty kneecaps story if necessary.

Danielle

I love the tackle box idea for cosmetics!
    My local friend Terri, here on the forum also uses a tackle box for her make-up, if I remember correctly!
    I may have to do something like that...now I cram my purse with vanity essentials.... *sigh*
    So I had to laugh when I saw the big blue box on the bottom of your closet,
    That was also my old girly storage I relegated to the closet under the basement stairs, before I made my HVAC duct storage containers.
    I have 3 of those plastic chests, they seal pretty good too. Great minds think a like Danielle.

I was trying to envision your outfit as I know fall, Down Under, Aussie style, is more like late spring here, it sounds dreamy!
    It is good to hear you got some femme time Danielle, nothing like smooth feeling legs in hosiery!
    Send some of that weather my way, mid 50F/ 13C here 2C tonight...I could enjoy that top down convertible weather your enjoying, right about now!
    Hike your skirt up and click those high heels on the engineered frontroom floor, to a peppy beat... as life is good! ....Enjoy!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I use a hobby box (for storage of beads and the like) as my jewelry box. If is wasn't pink, it would look like a typical guy's tool box.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleDubois View Post
    ...I have more Danielle clothes in the closet than my boy clothes. Well, duh? They are much more interesting and pretty than my boy stuff .
    Same here. In fact I have a serious problem. Clothes accumulate over the years. And very recently there were so many "Lori" clothes hanging from one rail, and on the shelf above it, that their weight brought the whole assembly down off the wall! Catastrophe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I use a hobby box (for storage of beads and the like) as my jewelry box. If is wasn't pink, it would look like a typical guy's tool box.
    Well, I have a red toolbox. With tools in it, I mean. If anybody asks, you could always say yours used to be red... but it faded in the sun!

In the end, they are all still clothes. I'm the same way, I have by far more female clothes than male. The only time I wear male outer clothes is for work.

We've gotten to the point where it's one-in one-out.
    If either of us buys something new we donate something old that we haven't worn in ages. It keeps the closet from bursting at the seams.
    As to the balance, well my portion is very lopsided compared to the male items present.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    I have way more female clothes than male clothes. Since I am retired, I don't need male clothes for work, only for leisure. And one suit and tie for funerals.
    Krisi