Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wondering how long members have gone without feeling like dressing?

A few years

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    A couple weeks at most---But a couple years out of necessity and situation.

Its sorta like a drug---I can get my CD "FIX" and be OK for a week or so, and then the urge comes back. Then I wait for my next opportunity.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 05-07-2021 at 05:49 AM.

I guess that I have to answer this by considering dressing by degrees. It has been maybe three or four years since I have fully dressed in all of the underwear and a dress and I recently purged my last dress. Furthermore, it has probably been over a year since I put on anything more than panties and a bra even thought I still put on panties at more often intervals. But even that may vary from days at a time to months at a time. But than again, thinking about CDing may come more often. Unfortunately, life just gets in the way of that pleasure.

Maybe around forty years ago I went through spells of loosing interest. However since then I always can't wait to get into a dress or skirt.

I should have worded this better. I think about dressing every day but by the time things settle down I?m too tired to see it through. Speaking more about the hassle of trying to dress and hide things in a DADT. At some point it gets tiring trying to juggle this secret life. I turn 70 this fall and am losing my grip on the desire to live this secret double life.

Two weeks is usually the max I can go without going fully dressed up. I do go underdressed and toy with makeup/wigs quite often though.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

There are so many "qualifiers" to be used here. First, feeling like getting dressed up vs. actually dressing. Second, for me, pre-2013 and post-2013. Before 2013, when I found and joined CD.com, I would go for years without so much as thinking about feminizing. The most I would do would be to buy a pair of sheer energy, underdress once and while for a month, then throw them out and not think of it again for years. After finding more acceptance and information on this site, I have gone almost a year without dressing, a few months without really thinking about it. Since last fall, maybe a week without thinking about it, and a month or do without dressing.

Frankly, I disappoint myself.

I don't remember... Years ago I always lived with other people which made CDing very unlikely. And during those long periods I probably forgot about CDing for a period of time. It didn't take much to trigger off the strong desire to don a few fem garments, but there must have been days, weeks or even months... Who am I kidding?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

It has been since Feb 20th
    Since I have had a chance to dress
    Traveling with Dad is more important now
    Raychel does have a suitcase with me
    But extremely unlikely it will get opened for the next month at least

That does not say I haven't wanted to
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Probably about 4 years without even having a real desire to dress.

I purged everything in 2017 and the urge has only resurfaced in the last month or two. But now, I really need to dress, more than I ever have before.
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

I'd say 5 months, but this time I didn't purge anything so I didn't have to rebuild my wardrobe again like last time

I generally don't go too long in between, cause the longer I avoid it, the more intense it gets and becomes a NEED, not a desire. I also use it at times as stress relief. Being a man, society has a way of trying to tell you how to walk, talk, act, likes, dislikes....etc. etc. and the stress of work and society can get to you. Nothing spells relief like dressing does for me! Even better is when my wife initiates the dress up. She didn't lose a husband to my cross dressing.....she gained a *girlfriend*. She can have sex with her husband, or sex with a girlfriend without cheating or even leaving the house!

Star01,

I didn?t get a card? However, while I was Active duty I did ?under dress? a lot, and still do. Mostly because of habit and I don?t own male underwear. Though I am not on active duty any longer I try to dress as often as I can get away with it. I still cannot dress up at work but most other times I try to dress as androgynous as possible.

There has been a few times where I just didn?t feel like dressing even in panties. I would ask myself ?why?? And each time I answer because I am comfortable wearing these clothes, I like who I am and I will try to be as comfortable as I can, where I can.

@?-}??-
    Michelle

About 10 years. I started dressing when I was in 8th grade. But starting in my senior year of high school and through college and grad school and even a couple more years, with the exception one one Halloween costume I had absolutely no interest in dressing. Unfortunately, I assumed that my dressing when I was younger was just a teenage puberty phase thing ... silly me!

This last year with everything going on, I went weeks without the urge to dress. Then I would dress for a little bit and that would satisfy me. Now since things are turning to normal, I have been dressing every night and enjoying it immensely.

I went a little over a year, and could not resist dressing again.