Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wondering how long members have gone without feeling like dressing?

Oh maybe a day or two.

I have recently gone about 8yrs without wanting or needing to dress. I had alot going on in my life, which led to severe depression. But since I have gotten through this and come out the otherside, all my passions have come back - and dressing has come back in full force!

As others had said, I would say its more about what's going on in someone's life - I don't think it ever goes away, it's always there just maybe suppressed somehow.

After getting married and having kids I stopped for close to twenty years.
    After the kids moved out the and menopause (you know) the Pink Fog came back.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I can't think of a time I didn't think about it, mostly because it's been a part of me sence I was 5 or 6. If I'm not dressing I'm planning what I'm wearing next. I really believe that this is how my life is suppose to be from birth. I'm happy being a guy but way more as the fem side of me.
    Diane. 🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    How long have I gone without feeling like crossdressing? The short answer is several hours...maybe, and on a good day.

As for the opportunity of acting upon it...well, the short answer again is "Covid 19", and the dearth of "Leslie" time, what with all this "togetherness" with my spouse during these social distancing and forced lockdown times...
    Yes, yes, yes. That's my answer.

The question was how long have gone without feeling like dressing?

Not counting sleeping: maybe 4 hours.

Actually dressing: About 16 months, 13 due to COVID and 3, because I didn't have any place to go.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I can only dress every few weeks. That's why i place so much effort in picking outfits, and having my wife help take pictures of every opportunity. It becomes a photo shoot which i suppose some people may find too frequent. We have made this our normal routine and it helps get me through times i cannot dress. But i am also in the mode of trying to pare down a bit and get rid of the excess.

I also go out and constantly look for new things online, like makeup looks or styles of clothing and then of course SHOPPING. This is at least a couple of times during a week. That also explains the large cache of clothes and shoes i have. It is an addiction.

I try not to dwell on the negatives of not getting to dress enough or not be able to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    I love women's T-shirts even though they are almost identical to men's. They are usually longer and the fabric seems a bit better and softer. But the colors are amazing. Rarely do you see that in men's T-shirts.
    This might be slightly off topic, but it's a good point, Gretchen, about the essential differences between men's and women's clothing. One of these differences is "softness," as you mentioned, but another is color. That's not to say men's clothes can't have color in them, but there are certain limitations. One of them can be that the color is limited to small areas. So a man can wear a jazzy tie with a business suit, but the suit itself is sober. I have some T=shirts (male) with great designs on them, full of bright color--but the background is typically black. Which is fine insofar as it enables the design to stand out by contrast. As opposed to this, many women's clothes are covered all over in bright or delicate colors, and designs of numerous kinds. No wonder we refer to men's clothing as "drab."

Another tiny point: notice how "T-shirts" (worn by men as well as women) are invariably called just that, while women's tops are referred to simply as "tees." The word "shirt" is more suggestive of a male garment, but as we know, it's OK for women to wear male clothes--though not for men to wear female clothes!

I can't think of any stretch of time when I didn't want to. And before joining boards like this thought that was universal before learning about all the variations among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Almost 20 years.... come to find out it was due to a medical condition! That is under control now.... where as my crossdressing is out of control! Lol.
    My cross dressing is also out of control I?ve been dressing daily now 24/7 for the last 5 months now. I used to even just go out in the evening and would go into gas stations to get a coke or cup of coffee snd that?s how it started with me going out to free myself I now don?t care anymore snd haven?t had a single problem. As far as how long I went it was 6 years I didn?t dress due to medical reasons plus excessive weight gain due to water retention. As I said now I?m out of control lol going 24/7 with no end in sight.

I went 34years and 5+ months with only 5 times wearing panties and purging them due to a totally non-accepting wife! After her passing and a respectful time of mourning, I was out buying panties! Pink Fog like a tidal wave! Since then, the longest with no desire or not following through is 24-48 hours! But now I am a transwoman and am 24/7/365!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Let me see... I guess that the longest I've gone without feeling like dressing was probably a day or two when there was just so much else going on on to distract me.

I think that the longest I've gone with doing ANY dressing would probably be about 4-5 years.

I always wear panties and sleep in a nightgown every night. I do like to lounge in lingerie on my days off. I bought a new wig
    about two years ago. I have not dressed fully for a long time now, close to 20 years except for maybe 3 Halloween nights.
    All my makeup is beyond expired.

At the moment i normally feel the urge a few times a month but i have also have had periods where i dont feel the need for some months. Never been over a year.

Hi Star01, I have gone years without a thought. Recently I think I have dressed once in a year and a half. Way too long. Take care.

its a good question but it never leaves you. Time is only relative. The impulse is up and down I suppose. As i got older there are more opportunities. For many of us still 'hidden' its a journey.

Aspiring Member
    When I get really stressed the. Pink fog comes
    Rollin in

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Last year was bad for me with a family loss and bereavement-related depression. That killed the urge to dress in its tracks.

It seeped back as the grief lifted and approaching the year, the urge came back with a vengeance.

I now basically dress most times I'm on my own. Some weekdays with me working from home due to COVID, I can safely say I might be dressed 21 out of 24 hours depending upon circumstances. I'll change out of female mode to go to the gym and go shopping then change back shortly after getting home. There's basically nothing to stop me and I'm not affecting myself or anyone else.

I don't know how this compares to others, however, I tend to be more inclined to dress when I'm in a happier mood. As dressing makes me happier, the logic goes I could perhaps dress when I'm in a bad mood (rare as I'm a fairly happy person generally anyway) to snap out of it.

Sue.

Platinum Member
    Hi Star , Nine years ago we traveled in our Motorhome with another couple for two months

I couldn't watt to get home and dress up again, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think about 8 seconds.

At this point in time I haven't dressed fully for 14 months or more, which is the longest dry period in my adult life (I'm not far off 50). I've really wanted to, but thanks pandemic. I do tend to find I think about dressing less often if I am busy doing things that fully occupy my mind, like interesting work, DIY projects, or out on the sea with friends. But normally, when the old brain is free to just tick over, my thoughts turn to dressing about 200 times a day. I've had times when I didn't feel like dressing if I'm feeling depressed, but since I'm not really the moping type that doesn't last for long. I'd say the longest I've ever gone without feeling like dressing is about three months, and that was mostly through being just too busy.

I started dressing at about 7 years old and continued through high school. I did not dress in college so for the next 25 years I did not dress at all. Then when I was about 40, I started in again and it has ramped up with a vengeance. I'm 75 now and I dress all the time.

Karen Sue

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Two minutes and 38 seconds not counting when asleep and not dreaming.
    LOL! Same here! I might not have been able to dress, but I sure wanted too!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Star , Nine years ago we traveled in our Motorhome with another couple for two months

I couldn't watt to get home and dress up again, >Orchid**OO**
    The heck with the dressing! I want to know how did you handle two months in a motor home with another couple without a murder conviction! We have another couple we travel with on motorcycle, but we often go our separate ways to take a break and just have some alone time with out wives. Plus we stay in motels and each couple has their own room so we got some alone time. I couldn't do the motor home thing with another couple, I would be in a rubber room!

I think about dressing everyday. I haven't been able to dress since February 2020. I am going out dressed in two weeks and I am so looking forward to it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

1 to 2 years.