Thread: Little things

Little things

Although in the closet our daily routine allows me most days to dress for a while usually in hose, skirt, forms and a top.

So this morning like most I'm sat in the front room having a light breakfast, a warmed croissant with honey on it. Once eaten I then move forward to put the now empty plate onto the tray sat on the coffee table.

A little while ago I noticed that in doing this I ended up perched on the edge of the settee, knees and ankles together, skirt snugly holding the knees and I realised that this was a typically female way of behaving.

It did make me wonder if I did it subconsciously, mimicking what I'd seem GG's do or was it a consequence of the clothes I was wearing dictating my behaviour.

Whatever the reason, I know it feels natural and now every time I do it I get a little satisfied feeling knowing my femme side is there with me.

So now, I'm sat back on the settee, legs crossed at the knee, tapping away on my tablet, sharing with you lovely people.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen,

I agree it is subconscious, and conscious, mimicking. We are trying to be the feminine, proper ladies we want to be, and are. I am in my late 50s and heard many times when younger, that a lady keeps her knees together, especially when wearing a skirt/dress, for obvious reasons. Though I haven't heard that in 30-40 years, I remember and try my best to be a lady. The divine efforts of feminine grooming, mannerisms, facial expressions, etc. are all part of that mimicking.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Platinum Member
    I think emulating the actions of a woman starts with observation and learning. If my recollection is correct I believe Huckleberry Finn was caught in female attire because when something was thrown at him he closed his knees attempting to catch it, while a girl would have opened her knees so the object would have been caught in the skirt of the dress. That's learned behavior as a female would know she had a greater chance of catching something with the expanse of the skirt of the dress.

A woman learns for her dress/skirt to remain unrumpled when sitting down she will smooth the dress at the rear end with her hands. Or when entering a car she will sit down on the seat facing outward and then swing her body forward, especially if wearing a tight skirt/dress. She will use her hand to move a stray hair from her face. Of course, most girls are told by their mothers to keep their knees together when sitting while a guy has his legs splayed open. It's not "lady like" to show your panty. In guy mode I usually sit with my legs extended and crossed at the ankles while en femme I cross my legs at the knees. Walking in high heels seems to be a combination of adjusting one gait to being able to walk comfortably and showing off the female form; social graces again.

It seems some mannerism are due to the clothes a woman wears while others seem to be societal social graces. I suppose there are considerations for the anatomy of a particular women's breast size. I cannot image a large breasted woman sleeping on her stomach comfortably. My wife is a back or side sleeper while I in guy mode will sleep on my stomach with arms extended over my head.

After so many years observing women, dressing as a woman and desiring to be a woman the mannerisms come naturally.
    These days I have to catch myself when drab so that I don't Stand a certain way, Sit a certain way and so on lest it be viewed by others as too feminine. As soon as I'm in My clothes it all becomes natural and automatic.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh yes girl I totally get it. I?m even walking around the house more feminine like these days and have to catch myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    After so many years observing women, dressing as a woman and desiring to be a woman the mannerisms come naturally.
    I'm with Cheryl. I often catch myself exhibiting female mannerisms in guy mode. It always puts a little smile on my face.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I had the very rare stay at home mom and learned female rather than male mannerisms.
    I say rare because in social studies class only 3 out of 30 students had stay at home moms.

I think much of my social awkwardness was a combination of my being in the uncanny valley between male and female, being AMAB, and having female mannerisms.

I find remarkably easy to interact socially when presenting as female. Remember the movie Wall-E? Anyone who interacted with Wall-E gained something positive from the interaction.
    I get that sense when I interact with others now.

Marion

You might be a crossdresser if...

...in guy mode, you catch yourself brushing your pants down behind your butt as you sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    These days I have to catch myself when drab so that I don't Stand a certain way, Sit a certain way and so on lest it be viewed by others as too feminine. As soon as I'm in My clothes it all becomes natural and automatic.
    I catch myself exhibiting feminine mannerisms in drab, but I don't stop. I've gotten too old to care anymore. Besides, one of my key goals has always been to keep the neighbors guessing.

For sure certain femenine mannerisms come to be subconcious ones, walking sitting and so forth and the way we stand. I think it is the woman inside us that makes us do these things
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I've been know to show off my manicure with a limp wrist while in guy mode, in a very gay manner....oops!
    I tug at my ear lobe as to adjust my earrings, use lip balm like lipstick, swing my hip forward as I walk, touch my shoulder, ready to adjust my strap, and hold my breast when I bend over, as I feel I'm ready to spill out of a bra.
    I check my looks when walking by a window and carry a brush in my shoulder bag.
    My wife get annoyed when I tap my long nails on the table, I spin my designer watch like a bracelet, and I catch myself dangling my slipper off my toes.
    Not only mannerisms, but habits too....
    I hang my silk like polyester Dago T shirts on bra hangers, and organize different flavors of chap-stick in a lipstick holder, fingernail polish and remover in another holder next to my chap-stick, hair spray, pretty smelling skin lotion, and my perfume, on the dresser. I soooo need a vanity!
    All my guy jewelry is in a full length lighted mirror jewelry case hanging next to my clothes chest, I share with my wife's jewelry.
    I shower using women's Caress body soap, bathe in Calgon lavender bath oil beads, wrap my whole torso like a dress in a bath towel, and use a Turbee Twist hair towel.
    I like to sleep in soft flannel or silky polyester sheets depending on the season and often sleep in lingerie or soft satin fabrics.
    My wife know I was coddled growing up so as a husband, she lets a lot slide as she doesn't want to know.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!