Thread: But they're for men !!

Banned Read only

Smile But they're for men !!

I accept now that sometimes I will need trousers sometimes but obviously women's not male ones . I like the look of some Chino style in Cotton Traders , they do soft pastel coloures in shorts , cropped and long . I have no problem ordering online but have put a few pounds on so I'm in a UK 12 for some items and a 14 for others , the obvious solution is find one of their outlets and try them on but so far I haven't found an outlet stocking them and also we can try on coats but not dresses , skirts or trousers . Today I was in a large garden centre with clothing outlets , I found a sales girl in the Mountain Warehouse department and told her I wanted some Chino's so she said , " Oh yes , ours are very lightweight and slim fitting " , with that she pointed to the male racks ! I gave her a fixed stare and said , " But they're for men !" She looked puzzled at me and said , " Yes I know they are , so what size does your husband take !"
    When she realised her mistake she confirmed they don't sell women's and passed me over to a young salesman in the Cotton Traders section . He explained that with lockdown just ending their stocks are very inconsistent but then I found a really nice 3/4 length raincoat in a dusky pink at half price which fitted nicely in a 14 so I might treat myself to that .

I must admit I was slightly annoyed with the sales girl , the comments in the recent thread on " Passing " and being read going through my mind but obvioulsy she hadn't misread me , so now I must finish this thread and go and prepare my husbands meal
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-15-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Arrgh, the good old jedi death stare. Never leave home with out mine.

Interesting interaction. If she did read you and then put her foot in it it has to be said that was a brilliant recovery with the "husbands size" remark, dodged a bullet there. As for putting on weight, the head cook needs a stern talking to about portion sizes.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Oh, your girls are funny! I am dying here, too cute Theresa!...way to go Helen!
    Like I was there as a fly on the wall listening to your interaction!
    Good to hear you found something to satisfy your shopping crave!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Girl I would have just told that sales girl their for me and I need a size 14. Lol

Hello Teresa,
    my wife says she sometimes prefers the men's out-door clothing from Mountain Warehouse - is my wife a closet cross-dresser or is it that their clothing is more unisex?
    stay healthy,
    luv J

Banned Read only
    Jacques,
    Cotton Traders have quite a range of unisex items but I usually ignore that section .

Just to add an update , I visited my local Cotton Traders to check out the coat again , I was wearing it when while I went to find a SA at the checkout she said , " Wow that colour really suits you !" I thanked her because I was in two minds about ther soft pink colour so at half price I decided to buy it . It will always be useful to have lightweight genuine waterproof and windproof coat for the summer showers .

Melony,
    The guy is well and truly buried , no way will I buy male clothes now .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-17-2021 at 02:08 PM.