Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outfits: Paralysis by Analysis / Too many outfits, too little time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    I have found that part of being a woman is having female clothing, more that one can ever wear. I have lived most of my entire life with three sisters and a mother, then a wife and two daughters. I have shared a closet with my dear wife for 35 years (only 6 of which Kandi existed) and she owns more items than she can ever wear, given that her job requires a uniform. Don't fight it, don't think about it as a male, embrace it as part of being a woman. Vetting outfits makes you exactly who you are!

Me, I own well over 100 dresses and more skirts, blouses, blazers, tops, jeans, etc...... than I will ever wear!
    Kandi is my soul Sister!
    Last edited by NancyTO; 04-17-2021 at 07:37 PM.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Too little time, but never too many outfits!

My clothes are either ones I bought (because I liked the way they looked), ones my wife didn’t want anymore and I wanted them, or ones my GG friend Michelle gave me (what I call Hand-Dee-Downs). Therefore, the vast majority mean something to me and I am always looking for an opportunity to wear them out.

Occasionally I cull the herd and donate some items, usually because of fit or a gift didn't suit me.

But too MANY girl clothes, NEVER!

I find it so odd that owning more clothes than you can do justice to is a source of pride! Then I think of how I search and search for particular pieces and most likely they are all just lying unworn in stashes, grrrr.

I always spend more time deciding what to wear than is needed.
    Drab is so simple, grab a t-shirt, throw on some jeans and sneakers and out the door. But getting dressed? Well, that's altogether different.

Sometimes it takes 5 minutes just to decide on what panties and bra to wear. Then into the closet and it's "do I want to wear this ... I haven't worn this in a long time ... I really want to wear these shoes, but they don't go with the outfit I was going to wear". And on it goes. It's time consuming and it is Fun. It's part of being a woman and sometimes it's the best part.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I may try on several outfits before settling on one. Sometimes I go straight to the one I want. Sometimes I just get out, and then come back and try on several outfits just for fun.