Thread: The greatest day of my life since I started my crossdressing journey

The greatest day of my life since I started my crossdressing journey

As I said before, I had intentions on going to Scarborough Renaissance Festival and dress up like a lady. Today I made it happen, but it did not start out so smoothly.
    First, we are in the process of moving, and I had to make an excuse to be gone all day because we had tickets, and I was not about to miss out on my golden opportunity. We got to the festival, me with my breast forms and wig in a bag, and I was informed that there may not be any costume rentals because of COVID19. Sure enough, the rental place was shut down. I was disgusted and upset. That was the bad part, but now comes the good part....
    I decided "Screw the money, I'm gonna buy an outfit!", and that's what I did. I decided to go with a fair maiden outfit, explaining that I wished to look sexy. I knew I was gonna be sexy too, because I was wearing a corset with it. The ladies inside the nearest dress shop were extremely helpful. I got a blouse, skirt, corset, and a belt pouch. The whole thing came to $300 and it was money well spent IMO. This was the result....
    Sexy Fair Maiden.jpg
    I fell in love with the look and totally loved what I saw looking back at me in the mirror. I told anyone who asked my name that it was "Mary". I got a little confused for a second when someone called me "Ma'am", but quickly remembered I was dressed like a woman, and I wished to be referred to this way. I walked around with my head held high and my breasts sticking out proudly, showing no fear at all and just immersing myself in the whole environment. I was unsure of which bathroom to use, but found ones marked "unisex". I started out wearing my blonde wig, but decided to make a wise investment of $40 on a red-haired wig, which matched the outfit better.
    The highlight of my day came when another girl approached me from behind to tell me how lovely I looked. Everyone who saw me could most likely tell I was a guy underneath those female clothes, but again I presented myself en femme and soaked it all in. I took time at the end of the day to thank the ladies at the dress shop who helped me out, and promised that I would come back to the festival again before they left town in May.
    The day did not end there. We left a half hour before the festival closed and went to the next town to get something to eat, inside the restaurant. I was feeling so good in my outfit, I did not want to take it off. Yes a few people looked in my direction, but nothing else came of it. I figured they knew the festival was nearby, and that me and my friends had just come from there. Finally I got to my friend's house where I left my car, changed clothes, and went back home. I kept hoping this was a dream so I could do the whole day over again!
    Last edited by RainbowDash; 04-21-2021 at 11:27 PM.

OMG! That is so awesome! I love it when things turn out great from a "slow" start. I'm so happy for you! You look great! Thanx for sharing!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Great outfit - you wear it well

Wonderful, "Mary"! You look fine in that dress. A good decision. I'm glad the day went so well.

Great result. You look great.
    Mini

What a wonderful day sounds like soo much fun. Hope you have many many more just like it.

That is awesome! I always love going to ren fests but have never gone enfemme. Or even worn a kilt! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That is awesome! I always love going to ren fests but have never gone enfemme. Or even worn a kilt! Good for you!
    Oh my, you should definitely try it! The look and feel is absolutely amazing! Best part is, not a single person judges you, whether you fully pass as a woman, or they know its a man underneath! I say go for it! WARNING!!! You used to be able to rent a costume (don't know how much it costs) thanks to COVID19, so if you want a costume like mine, you'll be spending about $300 depending on what you get! Believe me when I tell you, it'll probably be the best $300 you've ever spent! I had such a great time, I'm going back!

I love Renn Fest and go to the Maryland one most Sundays. I know of a couple of gurls that go and I have seen quite a few guys dressed in ladies outfits. Some were passable and some not so, but everyone has a good time. As for people staring at dinner, that happens no matter what kind of renn fest outfit you have on!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a wonderful day, RD!

I've had those results at Cosplay, Halloween, and other "costumed" venues! The people there seem to be very open minded and accepting. Even of transwomen!
    Especially the younger GG women!

In fact, something quite similar happened to me yesterday! But, I'll post about that separately!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

RainbowDash, Sounds like a Cinderella story. Thanks for sharing.

I guess the first time I went out en femme was at the Maryland Renaissance Fair. I did get to rent a wench costume, including a white chemise a linen skirt and a bodice, It was truly amazing, Of the thousands of people there, most of them didn't look twice. A few girls gave me smile and a big thumbs up. One guy wanted to take my picture and I wasn't happy with that, Eventually, his GG companion dragged him away, Another tine, a drunk guy walked past me and said, I think that girl is a guy. Be fore it escalated, his friends dragged him away. I did see a couple of other CD'ers similarly dressed. It was so great.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-20-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

And now I realize I missed pirate fest. Oh well. I'm 24 7 fem so that's not an issue. But would have liked to go to pirate fest it has always been fun.

Silver Member
    Congratulations, and you do.look nice and presentable. At the restaurant, you experienced the same thing I always do. People look but almost never comment. Except for the women who are always complimentary when they speak up.