My uk neighbours who I have known since 2002 have moved out without telling me!!; That always, on the surface have been accepting of my dressing but never have they been overly friendly. I had heard they were selling up but with our lockdowns and things houses are taking a long time to sell. A few months ago there was a lot of human activity going on and then they left.
This week the new people moved in together with a very old noisy Volvo and a motorbike and I thought "O no my peace and tranquility has been blown away". Yesterday i was collecting kindling for my lounge fire when the Volvo went slowly past, I looked up and waved to them as they went past, and got a very friendly wave back again. I continued to collect my wood and in French I heard a woman call out "hello how are you" to which I replied, opened my garden gate and went across to the woman, whe said in broken English "do you remember me?" . it hit me then, this was the same woman who months ago had come to see the house and who's husband offered to change over the flat tyre on my car seeing as I was dressed to go out for the evening!
A very pleasant chat followied with me being given an invite for sometime this coming week for drinks and nibbles in their house!!
Woohoo!! new French people and totally accepting of my dressing, I am so pleased!! with her understanding of English if ever I have any problems needing French language i am sure she will help me!
i think I have got some good people next door now.