Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those close calls (to being seen)

Aspiring Member
    Kathy Hamilton wrote a book containing a couple dozen of her stories of awkward situations. It is entitled, Oops, Adventures and Minor Mishaps of a Tgirl about town. It is a short, fun read.

Hi,
    The other night we had a zoom meeting on the Beaumont society. I got dressed up . After the meeting i had some recyclable rubbish to put in the bin . The bin was out on the front of our house ready for collection the next day. From our front door to the bin -- about 20Ft ,a look round -- all quite so off i set ,heels clicking. Half way to the bin i became aware our over the ( narrow ) road neighbour was looking in his car boot for something........ i carried on put the stuff in the bin then walked back into the house... ! So far nothing has been said about the Lady at our house putting rubbish in the bin in full evening dress & heels.............. :-)
    Liz

Imagine my surprise upon learning that one of my condo neighbors, who has a livingroom-window view of both my front door and my car, is a colleague from work. (As in, not just someone who works at the same place, but is also on my team and we collaborate regularly.) I discovered this fact a week after moving in (before I'd had a chance to unpack any of my dresses).

At first this wasn't a problem, as this neighbor always kept their blinds shut- but one night I got careless and went outside with my wife, fully dressed- only to notice out the corner of my eye that not only were their blinds open, but someone was clearly standing in the livingroom at the time. I did NOT attempt to make eye contact, and just got into the car with my wife as normal. (I don't look like ME when dressed, but it's my car and I got in the driver's seat...) He has never mentioned it- I don't know if he ever saw or what he knows.

Another neighbor also caught me by surprise one evening. It's likely he clocked me, as we made eye-contact and I was coming out of my place with my wife. I do not care so much about this fellow knowing, since he's not a coworker!

The worst experience of being unexpectedly spotted was with a stranger, though. My wife and I were having a small number of friends over one night, and right when guests were supposed to be arriving, the doorbell rang. I do my normal thing of silently opening the door to let the guest in while hiding behind the door so no one sees me dressed- but no one came in. Then I heard an unknown voice say, "Hello???" and I instinctively peeked around the door to see some guy from the US Census standing there. I was caught so flat-footed that I didn't even think about the fact that I was now standing in my doorway fully dressed, potentially in full view of my next-door neighbors, including my colleague. Then the Census guy starts asking me a bunch of questions about the people in the condo adjacent to ours, whom we barely know anyway (they are only there a few weeks out of the year). I told the guy I didn't know my neighbors, and he was still trying to pry info about them from me as I shut the door. Again- not really sure who saw me that time, but I was rattled.

I've had a few close calls in that I've just gotten my stuff off and makeup washed off when the wife got home, one time I had on wifes panties and my daughter caught a glimpse of the blue material when i made a run for the bedroom and said something but I said that I had blue underwear on, I put the panties back in the hamper a few minutes later but the worst.....

One time, in winter, i stupidly dressed head to toe and from the skin out in female clothing and decided to go for a walk during the day. The immediate vicinity of neighbors were all gone. My next door hairdresser neighbor usually had monday off but was gone (red flag ignored). I got completely dressed, did my makeup, put on wife's boots, jeans, jacket and started to walk. I noped out of walking around the circle so I walked back....when....it happened..

As I approached my driveway my hairdresser neighbor coming from the opposite direction in her car approached hers. If i or her were 30 seconds off we'd have never seen one another but I panicked. I could've turned around or kept walking straight toward her but no. I entered my driveway, the front door to use was out of the question and with her not 50? feet away easily her. Come to find out her son was in her car too seeing me. I bolted for the backdoor and got in, peeked through the blinds and saw her looking out her car window at my yard..where "she" was. My heart was pounding! I immediately undressed, washed off the makeup and dressed. I then figured I'd do damage assessment and walked out to get the mail. She was still outside watching and I calmly said "hey how's it going?" To which she replied..."I just saw a woman run up your driveway and she's now gone!" I then, with my mind racing started to say things like "huh, that's weird I didn't see anything"...I then walked into my backyard w/her following and said like "maybe she cut through the woods to the other street, no big deal". To which she.....calls the police! She stays outside, I go inside to rapidly put everything away, change into street clothes to leave and then open my door to leave and find cops in my yard, searching, her speaking to one and cruisers patrolling! I managed to downplay things w/the police and say she must've doubled back through the other yard and got picked up, maybe she was part of the company nearby that always has employees walking around". I then asked her "what did she look like?" "what did she wear"? "I'll cruise the neighborhood"..

Later when her husband came home he was across the street talking to the other neighbor and through his hand motions i could tell that he was telling about the "woman" that went through my yard and probably cut through to the other street somehow. I was a wreck for weeks afterwards. I never heard a peep from this, I made sure I stayed "manly" around them (unshaven face, get dirty etc) and the one small thing I casually mentioned when I did say something about it I remarked that I found footprints in the snow at my snowmobile trailer and a yellow stain in the snow so that "woman" must've ran. This must be going on....8? years ago now. I've not heard anything about it at all.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-11-2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Deleted topics not allowed