As a non-public, not out, just periodic cross-dress by myself and with my wife (who is supportive, tolerant, and accepting) dresser...had one of those close calls today.

With my wife out of town, and an afternoon of working remote and on telcons (non-video thankfully), I took the opportunity after some morning yard work to shower, shave, and take advantage of the afternoon in the house and dress fully. My wife, returning tonight, knew and had no objections to coming home to me dressed.

That being said, and just after I had gotten dressed and headed downstairs to my basement office to settle in for the afternoon, I heard our driveway monitor ring. And then the Ring Doorbell notification popped up on my phone.

Hoping it was the mail or a package delivery, my heart fluttered when I pulled up the camera and saw my father in law getting out of his truck and headed to the door.

Knowing our door codes, he had picked up mail for my wife from her business office to deliver it.

I closed the door to my office in the basement and continued talking on the telcon I was on, hoping he wouldn't come looking for me in the house to say hi.

Time slowed.

Thankfully, he dropped the mail off upstairs, and then headed back out, not bothering to come down while I was talking on the call.

Sigh. Relief.

A close call that would have lead to a VERY awkward moment? Surely!

It isn't the first close call I have had, fortunately there haven't been many, but there have been a couple. Is it just a matter of time before one of these close calls becomes a hit instead of a near miss?

Statistics seem to indicate that would be the case no matter how careful one is. I am someone who is a part-time dresser and content with not having this side of me shared with others beyond my wife. I honestly would prefer to keep personal things personal. It is a bit scary to think that one mishap could break that confidence. Or at least lead to very uncomfortable interactions with whoever "caught" me if it ever happened.

Phew for today. But it is certainly an ongoing concern for future dressing sessions.

I know many of you have had similar experiences, and sometimes those experiences drive a person to the point of willfully or unwillingly then sharing that part of them with more people. But I know it has also resulted in very hard situations for many also.

No real solutions here for anyone, just a story from today.