Thread: I went outdoors

I went outdoors

Hey everyone

Just wanted to share that i went outdoors dressed up today.
    I have posted many times about being dressed but never had the courage to walk outside.

Yesterday i dipped my toe in and went for a quick stroll around the grounds of the hotel im at. Strategically went when i could see nobody around. However today i walked around the block, about a 15 minute walk. I past three different ladies who didnt seem to give me a second look.

The scariest part of all was as i was walking through the carpark a guy chased after me, yelling out excuse me miss. I had to turn around and face him, he asked me about how much the parking was in this area, i told him i wasnt sure. I cant be sure but from his reactions i dont think he knew, i think i may have passed the eye test and if not it was still exhillarating.

Not sure this is going to make it any easier next time but it was a big step.

That is awesome!!! Good for you, Brooke! The first time is always the scariest but after a while it becomes second nature!

Way to go Brooke. Going out twice and enjoying the world! However, I might have peed my panties if some guy chased me.

Yay Brooke, good for you. You will find, as Karren mentioned, it will become second nature.
    You will be recognized one of these days, teens are pretty good for that as they spy on people to find common mannerisms and emulate others to conform.
    Never forget, no one knows you! .....you will NEVER HEAR, " Bob? ...Bob Hornby? ...Is that you? Oh man, what with the getup?
    That anonymity is empowering! Of Course you will always be Brooke.
    May I suggest getting a girly I.D. with you drivers license number on it...you actually can make one yourself.
    See the Girly ID I use when I got pulled over by the Police for speeding...here.(edited to be viewed on internet)
    I works to let officials know you are not trying to break the law in any way, if your worst scenario happens.
    It's like a get out of jail free card without explaining yourself and it will give you a piece of mind you are prepared for the worst.
    So enjoy these day as your feminine self because life is just too dang short to do otherwise!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Christie ann, he chased after me to get my attention, i wasnt feeling threatened but i really didnt want to turn around either but i had no choice and therefore brooke had her first interaction in the outside world

Being confronted by a man on one of your first outings dressed was quite a challenge. Well done for not panicking. Hope you have some nice future trips out and gain confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That is awesome!!! Good for you, Brooke! The first time is always the scariest but after a while it becomes second nature!
    I agree with Karren. The first time is the hardest. But, after that, each subsequent time becomes easier.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was confused and "invented" a way to come in for a closer look. And you passed.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Brooke,

You've proved to yourself on one of you're first sorties that it can take others many trips out to discover. Namely that from behind and from the front at a distance for that matter, we can look to the casual observer like any GG.

Face to face close up is a different matter and if he showed little reaction it could be he simply wasn't phased by seeing you. Get used to that. SA's, waiting staff, folks in general may give you a second glance but 98%+ will pass you by wrapped up in their own little world.

As you do more trips out your confidence will grow, you relax more, folks take even less notice, your confidence grows, you relax more...... Confidence is a biggie. Out shopping being confident when dealing with SA's goes a long way. Being you the person, polite, engaging and someone who smiles and looks them in the eye when you greet them wins them over and before long you're doing the most natural of things.

I have a challenge for you. A rite of passage. Enfemme go get your foundation checked at a makeup counter. Firstly the right foundation does wonders for your presentation but also, sat on that stool, being shown how to apply it, and being totally ignored by your all the other shoppers is a real boost to your confidence. OK, that might not be your next trip out but it has to be on your list.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brooke , Glad that you could get out and enjoy your walk. >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    When you posted previously about your intent on trying to be visible outside I perused your picture postings. You do look very passable. If you had interaction with "humans" and all went well that is always a confidence builder. My comfort zone is evening strolls as I am six foot and 200 pounds. Happy to read all went well dipping your femme toes in the water.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Awesome Brooke, congrats on stepping out dressed for the first time! Yes, it can be exciting and nerve-wracking the first time, but if you want to keep going out in public dressed, I PROMISE you, it gets easier..... I was EXTREMELY nervous my first time going out dressed but now, it's like second nature to me. I don't hesitate to do it, I just do it and I LOVE it! LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Hi Brooke, Thanks for telling us about your first time out, it sounded amazing. It will get a easier, but you will feel the excitement for the next several times, at least I do. I hope it never changes. Did you use a feminine voice (hard for me to do) when responding to the guy who chased after you? Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, Brooke. It does get easier after the first time. I don't know what I would have done my first time out in a situation like yours. I admire your poise.

Great result, I admire you for it!

Brooke, Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Brenda, i have never really tried out a feminine voice so i had no idea what to do. So i just answered in a quiet soft voice.

Thanks everyone for the support, i guess ill see where it goes from here.