Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1960s Catalogs, did the Fantasy ever become Reality

I also looked at the Sears and jc penny catalogs. I would admire the bras and panties. There was aways this pair of white nylon bikini panties with a sailboat on the rear that I would droll over and wish I had them

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Back in the 50's and 60's I certainly admired the women in the Sears catalogues, Robbie! But, that was ions before I had any interest in women's clothing.
    Except the desire to get the girls out of theirs!

Now, I'm too old to dream about those things. I just DO THEM!

P1490749 (552x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

to answer your question - yes and yes. Its a long story, but the very short version is I was 14 turning 15 in the summer of 72. Grand dad had a heart attack and was on the mend but couldn't take care of the place so I was sent to spend the summer with him and Grand Ma and be the "gofer". Prior to this, I spent hours when I could gleaning the JCP and Sears catalogs. Well, one of Grand dad's community involvements was the local Community Chest (in Georgia). I got "volunteered" by him to help unload a couple of trucks and stock the items into storage. Turns out, the trucks I was unloading was full of the very unsold items from the aforementioned catalogs. My "pay" was if I found something I wanted I could take it home. Nobody said it was just one thing, so after 3 days, I had filled the back closet and chest of drawers in my room. As a different part of this story, after discovery, I did end up spending the entire rest of the summer with them as Jennifer (he even managed to get me a driver's license as Jennifer) and almost got to stay period but things didn't work out so I had to go back home as "me". Clothes weren't wasted, my cousin got a lot of it and the rest went back to the CC.

Sears & Roebuck, Montgomery Wards, JC Penny's,...........

And Rommans, Lame Bryant, and on occasion?
    Frederick's of Hollywood.

All before I began to reach puberty and was even conscious of the "Difference " physically between boys and girls?

I've ALWAYS have been attracted to, and drawn to girls, women, and all things feminine. Even as a young boy!

Yet? I don't have any issues with being a male ~ man, cis-gendered, etc.

I simply like and prefer the company, friendship, any and all things feminine and in regards to femininity.

It goes BEYOND, just women's clothes, makeup and such? I very much want and desire my entire "House~Space" be overflowing with a "Women's ~ Feminine " touch.

So,........ I didn't just look at the "Women's Lingerie and Clothing" parts but also also the Home Interior parts of the catalog.

To this day? I still have a "Thing" for Women's Jewelry & Lingerie cabinets and such. Not to mention Women's Vanities. 🤩

In short? I like any and all things feminine.

I could spend hours looking at the Sears Christmas catalog with a finger buried with on the toys page in case some one looked. But, nothing ever came of it.

I remember gazing at pantyhose pages and bodysuits (at a tender age when I didn't understand the difference in male vs. female anatomy). The pantyhose has definitely come true, but not the bodysuits.

I used to love looking through the lingerie section of catalogues in the sixties and seventies. I used to despair that I would ever be able to wear all the lovely girdles, stockings and slips. I could never have imagined that I would eventually have my own collection of those desired items in all colours. The dream did come true.

Since I too began with mom's things I was lucky that she had more than the usual white full slips.
    She did have a nice array of lingerie including OBG's and lovely stockings. Later in H.S. and College when I could buy my own I did purchase some fabulous baby dolls which I adored. Lingerie catalogs were always a staple helping me to explore the clothing I preferred. I loved those "I dreamt I ... in my Maidenform bra" commercials.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My father ended up a widower and used to take a drive to a downtown book store every Sunday. He would leave me to browse the comic books and go into a back room for his ?special? books and magazines. I found those magazines in a dresser drawer and that was the end of the Wards, Sears and JC Penny catalogues for me. Something about the women in real black lace garters and stockings told me that I wouldn?t be needing the catalogues anymore for my inspiration.

Silver Member
    I had most all of the lingerie pictured. It was great. I liked the long leg panty girdle, I had the whole set in five different colors: white, black, pink, light blue, brown, several had white lace on slip bottom. I also had a yellow slip which was a new material. Loved to drive with my dress or skirt showing a lot of lace back in the day. Without air women would pull their skirt up to be comfortable.

Aspiring Member
    I loved looking at the Sears catalog and ads in the magazines. And I had secretive access to my mother's slips and nightgowns. When I first got to college and had the opportunity I went to the big department stores in Philadelphia and bought myself a yellow full slip, half-slip, and panties. This was 1971. PS: I still LOVE slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

I also remember while browsing the linger section of the Sears Catalogue, I would have the motorbike section marked with my finger and if anyone walked into the room I would flip over to the bikes... Can't remember which I wanted more, a 60cc Bridgestone Motorbike or a Playtex Living Bra and 18 hour girdle! or maybe riding a motorbike while wearing the bra and girdle?
    "I dreamed I rode my motorbike in my Maidenform bra!"

I started looking through the Sears catalogs in the mid 1960's, when I 'learned' that I was really supposed to be a girl. I'd carefully make a list of the clothes that I would be getting after god fixed me into the girl I was supposed to be.
    The first were some girls dresses appropriate for a ten year old girl; later on, the foundation garments that I hoped would help shape my figure into something more resembling a female shape, the full body shaper with the front clip and zip up that made me able to fit into my older sister's dresses. As everyone in my house worked, I was able to mail order a few things and be sure that I was the only one that would be home early enough to intercept the package arriving in the mail before anyone else got home. I would run home from school every day, to check to see what might have arrived, or wait until the delivery man would come. The anxiety of wondering if the delivery man knew what was in the package always worried me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My sweet spot i remember an ad in the back of penthouse Forum magazine... yes, I used to read it for the letters..... Michael Salem's boutique, where your dreams become a reality...
    panty boy ad1.jpg
    Last edited by Ozark; 06-05-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Oh If my sisters only knew ?? They would have fallen over laughing !
    Last edited by char GG; 05-15-2021 at 09:08 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post/picture directly before yours

Robbie, I love those catalogue pages. God how I remember drooling over those pages.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I remember babysitting for my cousin and his wife and when they came home I had left the catalog open to the lingerie section.They teased me over that one.They thought I was looking at the models but I was drooling over the lovely lingerie.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Oh my! There's a lot of my heart sisters on this post. As my mother would prance around the house in the morning completely ready in full lingerie, makeup and heels (everything except her dress) while she got us
    all ready for school, I've always been mesmerised by fabulous foundation garments and the images in the department store catalogues. I don't see any problem with tooling around all day dressed like this, do you?

4917p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I loved those catalogs. One item I recall seeing did become a reality - the Flower Bali bra. I liked seeing them on the page, and now have two of them. By chance I'm actually wearing the black one . (It is also my avatar picture).
    Last edited by BaliGirl; 05-18-2021 at 02:39 AM.

[QUOTE=Lori Ann Westlake;4521100]Robbiegirl, We need more "floating femininity," more romance.

Amen Sister!

I look at the clothing that women wear today and wonder if this "equality" thing has gone too far. Women today just don't dress like ladies. Cotton, little lace, no hosiery... in many cases, it's just men's clothing with a slightly different cut. And with the advent of the"boyfriend shirt," sometimes there is even less of a difference.

Like others who have responded to the original post, I looked a lot at the Christmas catalogs from Sears & Penneys. But I have to admit that it was primarily to find lovely lady-like things for my better half. It was only later that I thought of these things for myself. Now, today, they are just not there. But maybe that is a good thing... if I could find the kinds of things that I would like, I would probably need a monthly government stimulus check!

I recently bought for my other half a short, white, double layer (chiffon over nylon) nightgown with matching sheer robe full of ribbons and lace. How I would LOVE to find something like that for myself! Bring back those catalogs, darn it!

Lacy PJs

No, damn it!

I always went through the catalogues whenever they arrived but it was years before I started to "snitch" things to try them on.

But that's another story.....

Yup. I remember well the Sears and JC Penney catalogues and found pleasure on considering what it would be like to wear forbidden garments. Then I checked out the Star Wars toys...
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

You girls crack me up. I too was always waiting for the lightning to strike or suddenly going blind whenever I ventured into the lingerie section of the catalogs. Like Karen I always kept one finger in another section .. for me it was the model train section in case somebody came looking. I had 3 older brothers and I always feared that they would beat me up or at least ridicule me to my dying day if they ever caught me studying the lingerie pages. Interestingly after a couple months the catalogs would tend to fall open to either toys or lingerie so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one looking. And yes I have been able to live out acquiring many of those items ... but I'm still looking for a bullet bra!!

Claire; Secrets in Lace has an entire page dedicated to bullet bras: https://www.secretsinlace.com/category/Bullet_Bras

Catalogues have more realistic photos in them these days and do not rely on artists interpretations.

Some of the fantasy has disappeared but the clothes show a model that is realistic today.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.