Thread: Transition Update V3

Transition Update V3

It has been a while since we have had a transition update thread.

I know that the pandemic has affected everyone?s lives but it will still be fun to catch up on progress.

Post pictures if you got em. I?ll go first.

About the time that the pandemic started I started looking for a house. Ten months later I finally settled on one and closed on it January 7, 2021. House hunting was almost all I did because of Covid restrictions. I did make a trip to the east coast to visit friends last fall. Instead of flying commercial, I drove halfway, about 8 hours, and got picked up in a private plane.
    Cirrus.jpg

At Thanksgiving I had no family to be with but my good friend Kayla invited me to be a part of her family.
    Kayla and me Thanksgiving.jpg

A few days after Thanksgiving my granddaughter that I hadn't seen in years reconnected and came to see me.
    Me and Hailey.jpg

January 7, 2021 I signed for my new house.
    House.jpg

After years of being alone I decide to try a hetero dating site. After viewing hundreds of profiles I chose three men and paused my account. My first date was today with John the engineer. Monday I meet Don the investment broker.Every one pictured gave permission to do so.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 05-18-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I’m really happy for you Jeri Ann. I’ve followed your posts for the past few years and it feels like things have really turned a corner for you!

That is really great news. I’m happy for you in this next phase of being your true self. Keep us posted and practice safe meeting protocols until you know someone well enough to truly trust them.

Best, Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Thanks for sharing! Good to have good news! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My transition update

After a along delay of over one year because of Covid-19 I was finally able to have my GCS revision in Philadelphia. As a bonus, it was cherry blossom time in the city and my twin brother flew all the way from California to see me and take me out for dinner before I flew home to Israel. As you can see, we are not identical twins!

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 7.20.42 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-09 at 2.12.39 AM.jpg

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Jeri Ann - congrats on the house, yay!

Dorit - I'm happy you were able to get the revision finally, hopefully everything will be smooth going from here out. Good luck!

Hmm, the most significant thing that happened is that I figured out how to afford my GCS. This led to me getting my surgery scheduled for June of 22, and to me quitting all nicotine this past Christmas as a gift to myself. So as of today, I am 145 days free of nicotine and 390 days away from my GCS. But hey, who's counting? Oh wait, that would be me! I'm counting!

kelly1.jpg

kelly2.jpg

My update

I think I am a lucky person because my transition has been smooth and no problems. No problems I mean because I still married and living with the same wife of last 42 years. It hasn't been easy because I would love to do things faster but thanks to my best friend, he's psychologist, I patiently wait and slowly push every day a bit more my wife. I trust on love and I wasn't dissapointed.

For so long it was very difficult to talk about my transition, to pierce my ears, name change, orchiectomy, etc. with her but for these days we can talk about anything with the greatest normalcy as my soon GRS, after hair removal be completed.

Today we have a normal life as any couple, she helps me to pick up clothes,, as well as o always has dome to her. Our intimacy is normal just with the difference we are two women.

I have three sons, all married, their wives accept me and support me as any other woman. Just one of my sons (hasn't express anything) shows some discomfort in my presence but I think is matter of time because, as always did, he can call me anytime needs my advice or help.

I have just one grandson, he's 12 now in July and we keep having g a great rationship. Last weekend we went to camping with my wife and, during the fire at night, he opened to talk about some of his personal issues and asked me about mine, so I answered him and he was so happy to be able to share deep thoughts (as a teenager can do).

I still playing the role as a grandfather with him because his other grandfather lives in Mexico so he sees him just in summer, Christmas and other few opportunities in a year.

I'm slowly starting my own business because I spend several hours a day helping my wife in her own business of licensed child day care. I duwcivered now,, being a woman,, how I love children so I enjoy that a lot.

Here some are pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devi SM; 05-19-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Wow inspirational...still a long way to go for Joanne and I but we are working at it ...reading stories like these give comfort and hope xx

Hi everyone! Long time no see huh.

So next month I will have been on Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy for a year. Hard to believe. And I think I have probably had about the best transition an enby could hope for.

The physical changes have been slight and slow but noticeable to me... and I love it. The mental and emotional changes have been... *sigh*

I can hardly put in to words. They have been very welcome and extremely noticeable. So much so that my wife and stepson have apparently made a pact with each other that should I ever not have access or be able to get estrogen they would drive to Mexico to get me some if that's what it took. There was one month when I stopped and things got kinda ugly. It got so bad my wife and I almost divorced. Not exaggerating.

So I have had one weird "byproduct" or "side effect" of taking estrogen. My desire to wear women's clothing has become almost non-existent. It's so strange.

Not there has been really anywhere to go that I would dress up anyway. My wife and I (although vaccinated) don't really go anywhere. I still dress as a dude at work. At home, I?m all about comfort so it's baggy pajama bottoms and soft, raglan baseball t-shirts. Every now and again though I slap on a wig and some eyeliner when I ride my bike though just because.

Anyway, like most baby trans, I could probably prattle on and on about what's changed, how I've felt, the good and the bad but I'll end here.
    Obligatory photos below.
    img_7953-e1622172711720-251x300.jpg img_7792-247x300.jpg img_8588-e1622301248642.jpgimg_9012-288x300.jpg
    Last edited by IamWren; 05-29-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Aspiring Member
    Wren, I get it. I really do. On all three fronts. and you look great!

For the last, that part was the most surprising for me. My sense of style is kinda the same as my guy sense of style, what I call slouchy butch. I kinda don’t care anymore. Like yes I wish to present female, wear female clothing and occasion appropriate clothing, but day 2 day it’s pretty much tank top, shorts and flip flops. clothing isn’t a key to my gender identity. makeup is the same. i haven’t worn any in 9 months and am kinda meh about it. going out maybe some light eye, bb cream and lip gloss. we will see.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I love those updates and hope all remains positive as we move into what we hope will be a post-pandemic year.

My transition has been picking up speed, or at least showing evidence of change. Since the first suggestion of lock-downs last March in my area I started living full time, got my legal name and gender change done including Driver's License, Social Security, Medicare, Supplemental Health insurance, Credit Union accounts, House Title and various others. At the beginning of May I got breast augmentation done ( probably a full C cup now) and like the other times I've made significant commitments to being authentic, I'm feeling much less dysphoric and a little more Euphoric. I've been getting my nails done for quite a while, but for the first time I had the nail tech use color ("Go Go Boots" - a coral variant) instead of a clear, flat gel surface. It may seem minor, but I see them all the time and they make me smile.

I've been getting Voice Therapy in an effort to improve that part of my presentation. I wish I were a better student, but I am hearing a little improvement. Fortunately this therapy was approved by Medicare, so I won't be worried the therapy will deplete my bank account. I was sick for a few weeks with a UTI that has been resolved and now I'm building up my energy as I plan on FFS early in July. I'll probably need two sessions, so this one will be the upper part of my face. That works for me since I was wearing a mask on the lower part and getting misgendered regularly anyway, so the eyes will get the attention they need. I'll also get a little work on my upper lip, fat transfer to my cheeks and some attention to my nose. At 72 years old and over 6 feet tall, I'm not planning to be beautiful or cute, just the feminine version of myself who can look in the mirror without seeing an old man.

I'm going to hold off on photos until I recover from the FFS, and then I just might become a selfie machine.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

After about a year of staying home I went to a nail shop not far from my new address. The experience was not nearly what I had become accustomed to at the shop I had gone to for the last four years, Ritz Nails.

Today I decide to get not only a pedicure but a manicure too and went back to Ritz. I was pleased to see Jennifer when I walked in. Jen is good! Almost as good as her husband Ricky who works at another shop now.

Reconnecting with Jen was like a family reunion. As she did my toes she told the new girl doing my nails all about me, how long I had been going there, how well I cooked (yes, the nail shop has received my pies and cupcakes). Every time she said something in Vietnamese she translated for me what she was saying. We exchanged cell numbers and Jen insisted on a selfie.
    Jen.jpg
    She gave me a new number for Ricky and I messaged him. Btw, Jen is Vietnamese, of course, but Ricky is Caucasian. They have a wonderful love story. I will have them over for dinner sometime soon.

Going to Ritz nails was normal for me and I needed a dose of normal after being in isolation for so long. I am looking forward to more normal.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 06-22-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks Jeri Ann for sharing this beautiful story of acceptance.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Dorit: Heal well! Best of wishes to you!
    Nadine: What great news! Nicotine free and GCS!
    Devi: Glad things are going so well!
    Jessica: It is a marathon not a sprint! Enjoy it as you go on!
    Wren: Nice! Like I have said just be you!
    Nikki: Doing good! Do you!
    Sarah: Sounds great to me! Best wishes going forward!
    Jeri Ann: I have found a new nail salon! The lady takes good care of me! She even reduced my big toenails and they look more femme! I had one natal female tell me that mine was smaller than hers!
    I am out and about everyday! I am starting to see some subtle facial changes!
    I broke a jewel off my lady bug keychain and I almost cried! No anger!
    I bake cookies from time to time and share them with my neighbors!
    I m going to attend my high school class picnic! I have notified them on the class Facebook page! I informed them that Lana would be attending and not Harry! One female classmate stated that she can't wait to meet Lana!
    Otherwise a dull sameness has set in! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Holy cow Lana May! High school picnic? There is no way I could do that. I would not be welcome at all. Where I come from it is open season on transwomen. 😬

High school reunions and picnics? Those are... Let's just call them "big events" for those who've transitioned. Respect!

Jeri Ann: Not sure how it will go but I am going! Much like my trip to Houston! LOL I have a number of female classmates and 2 male classmates who follow me on FB! Hoping for the best!
    Aunt Kelly: Thanks!
    Sometimes you take your best guess and then step out there!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

It is so hot in Houston this summer and no fun getting out much. A couple of Saturdays ago Aunt Kelly and I went to Houston Fine Arts Museum.
    543B5D5A-F271-456F-9220-4F312FC57E1B.jpg

The next day a group that we recently joined met for brunch.
    690F743D-FF4C-4AB5-B18D-91D123F84107.jpg

I continue with the dating site and have met seven men so far. One I have seen twice and will probably continue to see. He is not a good match but he is nice and we both could use companionship from time to time. Also, I need a plus one on occasion when I have a function to attend.

It is also hot and humid in Tel Aviv in August. The only place to be midday is on the beach. The Mediterranean water temperature and the air temperature are the same, 31 centigrade! I so much delight in my new body and the comfort of a bikini. Next to me is my best girlfriend, she gave me permission to post the photo. Dating is slow, I had one two weeks ago that while pleasant we both felt not to continue. I have been talking with a new guy that seems promising, just trying to find a time to meet up.

1628598177011 (Small).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 4.29.07 PM (Small).jpg

Life goes on but not without issues. Being vaccinated I met a group for lunch in August and a few days later tested positive for Covid. Two days after that I came down with a breakthrough case. I probably had just been infected in this picture taken at the luncheon.
    IMG-0174.jpg

After I recovered, and tested negative, I got a third dose. This was before the booster was available. (I know a guy). With antibodies and three doses I was still reluctant to fly commercially on my trip to North Carolina so I cancelled my flights. Instead I drove to Mississippi and got picked up in a private plane for the remainder of the trip to NC. Flying at 13,000 feet it was just a good idea to use oxygen.
    20210909_115157.jpg

While in NC I was fortunate to spend five days at the beach. The weather was perfect and it was my first time to see the Atlantic Ocean.
    IMG_2933.jpg IMG_2939.jpg

I was in a documentary film that featured a friend and was surprised to see this advertisement on Facebook.
    imagejpeg_0(13).jpg

If anyone else has transition updates feel free to post them here.