Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panties under a kilt?

I absolutely love your screen name, Allison.
    Julianna Frances

Definitely wear some panties or a thong. I'd go for white lace to contrast with the tartan. We Scottish girls gotta stay sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by Stexxl View Post
    Wear whatever you want Julie, the Clan stuff was all made up by the Victorians anyway.
    Your history is slightly out here, Stexxi! The Victorian era, that is the reign of Queen Victoria, runs from 1837 ? 1901

The clans, which means 'family' or 'children' in Gaelic, have their roots in the ancient origins of the Celtic, Norse and Norman-French traditions, and were well established by the 13th century, which ran in the years between 1201 - 1300

Not everyone in the same clan was related to each other. They would live off the land, with cattle being their main source of wealth and, along with border disputes, the prime cause of inter-clan unrest. The most important clan chiefs at this time were part-kings, part-protectorates and part-judges and they held real power over their controlled lands

The system remained largely intact until the time of the Battle of Culloden in 1746, where the Jacobite rebellion was mercilessly crushed by the royal troops of King George II

Today, many clans can be traced back to a specific part of Scotland, for example the MacLeods of Skye, the MacNeils of Barra or the MacNabs of St Fillan on Loch Earn. If you have ancestral ties and a clan history in Scotland, a trip to your clan?s homeland is an incomparable and moving experience like no other

Susan - part Scottish and fiercely proud of it
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

As of Scottish descent i wear my clan tartan kilt for hill walking. One ( VERY ) hot day in a national park i was walking up a road ( with the wife) kilt & T shirt. I passed a park ranger ( who had sweat running down his face ) looking at me he nodded & said--- bet your cool wearing that ( kilt ) to which i replied ( smiling ) i am a LOT cooler than you think..........
    Nothing like a cool breeze on a hot day............
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    Your history is slightly out here, Stexxi! The Victorian era, that is the reign of Queen Victoria, runs from 1837 ? 1901

The clans, which means 'family' or 'children' in Gaelic, have their roots in the ancient origins of the Celtic, Norse and Norman-French traditions, and were well established by the 13th century, which ran in the years between 1201 - 1300

Not everyone in the same clan was related to each other. They would live off the land, with cattle being their main source of wealth and, along with border disputes, the prime cause of inter-clan unrest. The most important clan chiefs at this time were part-kings, part-protectorates and part-judges and they held real power over their controlled lands

The system remained largely intact until the time of the Battle of Culloden in 1746, where the Jacobite rebellion was mercilessly crushed by the royal troops of King George II

Today, many clans can be traced back to a specific part of Scotland, for example the MacLeods of Skye, the MacNeils of Barra or the MacNabs of St Fillan on Loch Earn. If you have ancestral ties and a clan history in Scotland, a trip to your clan?s homeland is an incomparable and moving experience like no other

Susan - part Scottish and fiercely proud of it
    I could have worded it better... The clan tartans was all made up by the Victorians.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Wow... some hilarious responses and great advice....

One thing reiterated all weekend was that no one starts out with the full gear and kilt accessories right off the bat... It takes time and money to build up to that. So shockingly, even though I am a tent commissioner, nobody gave me any trouble about wearing a T-shirt regular shoes and socks with my kilt. People were pretty cool about it, which is a shame, because I had a response. I was just gonna say hey, we may be Scottish in our ancestry, but we're American and ultimately do what we want anyway.

I went with "sport" style briefs on day one under my Royal Stewart utilikilt... competed in battle ace... didn't even score, sadly.

Day two, said hell with it... wore pink nylon briefs under my Black Stewart kilt... should have won the battle axe but I got greedy after two good throws, and number three knocked my previous two throws out of thevwooden target and gave me a score of zero. Still fun!

Thanks Julianna- love AIC!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I would as long as they match!!

Tartan Panties

Too bad I didn't have these, they would've matched my kilt on day one!
    Life is too short to be boring.

Platinum Member
    Very interesting thoughts,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

a Scott was asked what is worn under a kilt - he replied "nothing is worn under a kilt, it is all in perfect working order!"
    (an old joke that I could not resist retelling)

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    a Scott was asked what is worn under a kilt - he replied "nothing is worn under a kilt, it is all in perfect working order!"
    (an old joke that I could not resist retelling)
    I was told to never ask what was underneath, because if you try to find out, you might get kilt!
    Life is too short to be boring.