Thread: Dating

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dating

In the Transition Update thread that I recently started I mentioned that I have started dating. A member pm?d me and asked if I mentioned in my dating site profile that I was trans. The answer is YES, absolutely! I spent a lifetime pretending to be someone and something that I am not. No more pretending for this girl.

My profile clearly states that ?I am a post op trans woman.? A few men have asked for clarification on that and I freely give it as well as permission to ask tasteful questions. I hope to maybe find the right guy for me and a healthy relationship will develop. That cannot be possible without honesty.

I actually had another member call me a poser! Seriously? In my ten years on this forum I have not even altered a picture. My purpose in starting this thread is, first of all, to clarify the dating comments on another thread, help transitioners to realize that there is hope for a full and rewarding life and to certainly encourage openness and honesty, especially in a relationship as well as exercise caution at all times.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-18-2021 at 12:57 PM.