Thread: When is to much to much

When is to much to much

To much is when the wife says it's to much. LOL. I had an interesting and insightful weekend with my wife. She knows and accepts my Sidney side. I was actually reading on Crossdressers.com when my wife walks into livingroom and says, "enough is enough come in here". I walk into my bedroom and she is pointing to my walk in closet and asks if I have ever thrown any of my
    Sidney clothes away. I had to admit I probably had not. Sooo we spent Saturday and Sunday going thru my closet and dresser draws. She had me try on every article of clothing, female and male and if it fit and looked good on me it went on the bed, if not in plastic bags for the thrift store. Here are the results. No male underwear. Two pair of male dress dress shoes, three dress/casual dress slacks,two sports jackets, several long sleeve dress shirts two pair of socks and one pair of work jeans. Well she said I certainly had paired down my Sid wardrobe and laughed. Now my Sidney wardrobe was a different story, good lord it was different. I wound up keeping ten pair of dress slacks, twenty five pair of different style jeans, almost fifty blouses, Ts, sweaters etc. Fifteen pair of heels flats and tennis shoes. In my dresser, 30 pair of panties and assorted shape ware. Twenty-three camisoles and twenty-six bras and bralettes. Draw full of stockings, garters and pantyhose. Ten bags for the thrift store. So yah I had gone way past to much. The thrift store lady thanked my wife for cleaning out HER wardrobe and lord my wife said NO WE CLEANED OUT HIS and my wife and her had a good laugh at my expense. LOL. The owner asked if there was anything I wanted her to keep an eye out for me. I said size 13 shoes and anything she thought might look good on me. I said thanks and my wife said I think we are going to need to clean out a hall closet for me. As I sit here on Monday afternoon in a pair of yellow four inch heels, high waisted tan slacks, yellow floral pull over blouse with all the appropriate undergarments I look over at my wife hold her hand and tell her how lucky I am to have her and how much I love. Her. I am blessed and believe me she gets everything she wants. I just had to share.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope.

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing. You're fortunate to have an accepting wife. I think it is a safe bet that you probably have more femme clothing than the average woman. I know I do.

Banned Read only
    25 pairs of jeans?

How the hell does that happen? Do you consider yourself to have a shopping or hoarding addiction?

I love clothes, but... Just.. no!

WOW, how lovely to have so much acceptabilty and understanding with your wife !!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Sidney, You must keep an inventory to rattle off all of those numbers....
    Not to mention, you kept all that, AND threw out 10 bags. WoW! Just, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    25 pairs of jeans?

How the hell does that happen? Do you consider yourself to have a shopping or hoarding addiction?

I love clothes, but... Just.. no!
    I also had to take a double take at the 25. I have a lot of men's jeans. I wore them for work for years, but I know I don't have 25 pairs of jeans total counting both sides of the closet.

There were a few other things, twenty-some camis, and twenty-some bras?

Yep, perhaps too much! And if I understand, this is after the clean out?!

I did take an inventory after sorting thru. I do not wear dresses or skirts, no wig and no makeup. The jeans were boot cut, straight leg, skinny etc. This was over almost 20 years of buying. LOL

boot cut, straight leg, skinny

That is three! No how do you explain the other twenty pairs!

I do hope you know I am just messing with you! There are others here that would make your stash seem conservative.

I have around a dozen dresses, and maybe five pairs of jeans, maybe a dozen bras, six or so tops but then I have been actively dressing for 2-3 years.

Sidney, too funny. Definitely thought this was going in a different direction.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Always Shave, what direction LOL

Aspiring Member
    Sidney, I used to look at her name and think it was always shave, but I finally realized it is always have.

I share the amazement/amusement of the PP's here. I think its interesting that you apparently have more her clothes than him clothes. A great illustration of the wide range of clothes available to women and different occasions in which to wear them. I'm sure if I released Jenn from fiscal constraints she would quickly have more women's clothes than my guy side.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Nothing like a little help to get things organised.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're obviously a pants girl, Sidney. So many slacks and jeans!

I've probably a 1000 dresses and skirts? Yet, I can count my ladies jeans, slacks, and pants on the fingers of both hands! With 35, u WIN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't have a lot of stuff, but I want to take it all with me when I travel (as I am well in the closet and my wife doesn't know). So I always travel with a huge suitcase. I am not sure why she hasn't asked what i packed for a 2 day trip. So I am making plans to package my stuff into smaller portions for future trips. So while I don't have a ton of stuff, When I start considering buying a large suitcase... I guess too much is too much.

After reading this I can share that my wife had 49 pairs of slacks in the wardrobe. This is more than I have ever had. The thrift store will be well pleased when they open the bag,

Philipa Jane