Thread: Face the Music/Cacophony

Face the Music/Cacophony

It's time for me to take steps toward greater openness and self acceptance.

Recently, and for the first time, I posted pictures here of me in MIAD mode. It is obviously, my male face, dressed. I didn't give it much thought then, but finally realized, the genie is out of the bottle. I planned to delete the thread today. But instead am leaving it as a first step toward more self acceptance, and less hiding.

I also put an icon on my phone, and laptop, for this site, instead of having to type it in, and log in every time. I mean, besides me, who actually looks at and uses my phone/laptop anyway? I guess if I loan my phone/laptop to anyone, including my kids, there is a risk of outing escalation. But I want them to know eventually anyway. They are getting old enough to, and probably already do, understand that their dad is different, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Not long ago, I shared my trans and CD tendencies with a GG friend. I don't think we have any common acquaintances, so low risk there. But you never know. Either way, I would like to share with more friends in the future. I have a summer cottage, where I shared with my lesbian neighbor. So, I am even more comfortable there, expecting that news to spread.

I am sure this will be a slow progression. And I don't want to go too fast so that it disrupts my wife and kids. But maybe letting the genie out will be a good thing in the end. Right now I am feeling better about my whole life, having taken these first few steps.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Well done on taking steps that make you happy

Julie, I wish you every success and happiness wherever you end up.

I'm kind of the same. On my phone I've added the Facebook account to my phone and I wonder where it might show up... like our house computer. It hasn't yet so cool.
    Anyone using my phone would have to go to Facebook to figure it out.
    Same with my Yahoo email.
    Just living on the edge! :-)

Being open and honest is extremely liberating. All this is just another part of you, a wonderful and interesting person. No shame required. Hopefully, one it you will be proud to share who you are with others. Thank you for sharing your big step.

Allie