Thread: A Complement and Some Encouragement

A Complement and Some Encouragement

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to take a moment to share with you my experience at a Sally yesterday. The SA was quite helpful in assisting me with my purchase. When I went to pay she noticed my nails and said how envious she was of them as she could never get her nails to grow. I told her I was tired of them breaking all the time so I was experimenting with a clear gel overlay to see if I could get them to grow. Four weeks into it and I?ve been pleased with the results. They are about 3mm past the tip of my finger. She thought she might try it. She then suggested I might consider adding some color, I replied I would if society was a little more accepting about these things. She said her son was going through the same thing. He?s in high school and enjoys pedicures and wearing polish on his toes so much he wants to wear polish on his finger nails. He is afraid of the backlash he might face at school. She told her son if he wants to wear polish on fingernails then he should go right ahead, wear it and not care what anyone else thinks. I think she was giving me the same advice. I thanked her for the complement as she made my day! I hope she is there the next time I go to that store and just maybe I?ll wear a color.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

When I still had a "male Mode", I got my nails done as Harry and got them painted but removed it before going back to work! One day I had them done and they looked so good that I decided to NOT remove it! I got zero flack, actually not a word! Later my counselor said having painted nails as a male was probably the thing that took the most courage of all! Many sales associates commented on them in a positive manner! Of course now that I am 24/7/365, they are always painted! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana Mae, I had a similar experience last November when my wife was out of town for a few days. I took the opportunity to do my nails. I like the way they came out so much, I said "F-it" and ran all my errands with my painted nails. Zero comments from the peanut gallery. Unfortunately, I removed it when wifey came home.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Robin,

Kind of funny because a similar situation happened to me this past week. I decided to put my nail polish on a couple of days before I went clubbing on Friday. The polish I used is very reflective silver metallic. I wore it at work but where no one knew me and nobody said anything until I was being served in a restaurant. My waitress said - I have to ask you about your nails - do you have grand daughters? I laughed and showed her pictures of me dressed. She was very supportive and nice about it. We had a lovely conversation where she told me she has gone to gay bars before just to avoid having men hitting on her. Funny how the conversation can open up to such discussions just by being who we are. It seems to tear down walls.

Anyhow good for you for being able to openly discuss such things. It is a great feeling sometimes.

Sandi

Years ago we had an intern working for us for a few months. I have no reason to believe he was anywhere on the TG spectrum but the male end. About half way through the internship, he had his nails done in black. I complemented him, for which he was really thankful. So far as I know, no one else said anything. I think it was a kind of statement, not goth, but just a young ~20 person etching out their spot in the world sort of statement.

Platinum Member
    Hi Robin , My nails are just past my fingertips with very light clear pink ,
    and I have got some positive compliments from some of the women Cashiers,

My Sister said , "that just isn't fair that your nails look that nice and I can't get mine to grow, "

>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have found that female SA's and servers to be quite accepting, even curious about me and other dressers I've been out with.

With this disclaimer: I rarely, if ever, go out to vanilla venues dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Blue,

My gosh, your sister is jelous, way to go!

Davina

Robin I'm curious as to what Gel overlay you use.
    I have 2 nails that constantly are breaking and need something to help them keep up with the others. Mine currently are all about 4mm except those that have broken.
    Thanks
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !