Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should men be allowed to wear dresses and skirts.

They do, just seen 2 walking the street downtown with there gf?s dresses on, stuffed bra and all with work boots on. Took me a minute to even realize it.

Pretty in Pink

Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Lane View Post
    They do, just seen 2 walking the street downtown with there gf?s dresses on, stuffed bra and all with work boots on. Took me a minute to even realize it.
    Ok there's something odd going on here! My entire life I'd never seen a guy walking around in a dress, with no attempt to pass...just a guy in a dress. I've seen guys attempting to pass, to various degrees of success. But, never seen a guy just wearing a dress to be a guy wearing a dress. So, I read the above a bit incredulously, having never seen this myself. Not that I disbelieved it, but just that I'd never seen it.

That is, until this afternoon. I was out walking with my wonderful wife and happened across another couple walking the opposite direction. One of people in the other couple was clearly just a guy in a dress. We exchanged pleasantries and kept walking. But, I was thinking in my head about this forum and my prior thoughts of incredulity.

my daughter was told today, that her 14 month old son shouldn't wear tights- my thought are, men wore them centuries before women wore them.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

If men wore skirts and dresses their attractiveness to most of us would go away

Be allowed by who? The only one stopping anyone from wearing anything is themselves. It's not illegal at least in many countries.

I'm wearing one right now.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Hell no! Men should not be allowed to wear womens clothing!!! If everyone started wearing dresses it would take away from the special gift we have! And ruin the excitement.... not to say totally destroy the femininity of female clothing for good! Vote NO!!!!
    Karen, you have a good point. Men?s panties would not do a thing for me.

Hell no! Men should not be allowed to wear womens clothing!!! If everyone started wearing dresses it would take away from the special gift we have! And ruin the excitement.... not to say totally destroy the femininity of female clothing for good! Vote NO!!!!
    I've thought about an aswer for this question many times, but most of the time I agree with Karren.

Anyway, I like to wear women's pants on a day-to-day basis, without the intention of passing because I am not wearing a blouse, makeup or heels, but because I feel more comfortable. Sometimes it is difficult to match men's clothing and footwear with those pants.

Anyone can wear anything that they are willing to pay the price to wear. Whether it's a marriage, social standing, occupational standing or even self image, there can be a high price to pay. It's a cost/benefit issue. And, each person determines the value of standing out/fitting in.

Personally, I'm not willing to pay the price of being open. I dress at home and throttle my taste to fit my wife's acceptance level. Her acceptance level has been moderate so I dress moderately. My taste is definitely in the man-in-a-dress realm and she's mostly comfortable with that.

I also agree with Karen in that I don't really want my taste to become mainstream. It feels much more indulgent because it's not mainstream and indulgence is my favorite part of my alternative wardrobe.
    Last edited by Bea_; 06-17-2021 at 09:25 AM.

My sentiments as well. No legal prohibitions, of course, but social strictures, ok. Some people have to thumb their noses at society. It does society good.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-17-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Not allowed: Use/sale of illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia or condoning any other illegal activity.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Well if it was the norm then it would be much easier for CD's to go out without being nervous or having fears possibly in a way, That said I prefer things to stay as they are as It's more personal and I myself like the naughty feeling I get when dressing up.

If it were the norm then crossdressing wouldn't exist.

I think I am the 6th person to quote this post on this thread but Karren is absolutely correct, it would take away the special gift we have and we may no longer be crossdressers.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    If women found men in skirts and dresses attractive, men would wear them. Women don't, so men (at least the vast majority) don't wear them.

I really wish no one cared what anyone else wears.

Do what feels right for you, while remaining aware of how local folk are likely to treat you. Being visible and unafraid and talking to people normally can help with acceptance, but it can also place you at higher risk. Just try to be safe.

For me, the ‘man in a dress’ look was not what I wanted. My feminine journey was all about being accepted as female, not about getting to wear feminine clothes while making no attempt to present as a woman. But if you are comfortable being seen as a man in a dress, that’s cool, as far as I am concerned.

Of course men should be allowed to wear anything feminine in public. But it is the social acceptation that is not there. So it is best to keep this between people who have this acceptance or keep it private as I do. But even then , living on a first floor, I have to watch the windows carefully when I am dressed.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    This reminds me of a thought I've long held; I really don't want to buy a man-skirt, or a man-dress, or mantyhose, or man-heels, or anything else that's typically feminine attire that is made for men. I dress in feminine clothes because I feel a strong need to dress as a woman. Wearing clothes designed for men misses the point.
    I agree 100%. For me it has to be 100% feminine.

How about changing casual Fridays to crossdressing Fridays? Women would be required to wear pants, coat and tie, men would be required to wear skirts and dresses. I could go for it! Of course, getting my Friday-femme look correct would take some practice, so I’d have to wear skirts and dresses Monday through Thursday just for practice. Yeah! Sounds like a plan to me!

Yes, I’m kidding. Maybe.

In reality, there is nothing gender specific about the basic skirt or dress. They really are no different than pant, shirts, socks, underwear other than styling.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No rules against it. It is simply social expectations and the resulting personal choices that stop many of us. I have no fear of being arrested for wearing what are seen as female clothes. I have a massive fear of ridicule and rejection amongst certain important groups, that I need to be excepted by to live the life I
    very much enjoy as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    No rules against it. It is simply social expectations and the resulting personal choices that stop many of us. I have no fear of being arrested for wearing what are seen as female clothes. I have a massive fear of ridicule and rejection amongst certain important groups, that I need to be excepted by to live the life I
    very much enjoy as it is.
    I agree that fear of rejection and/or ridicule is something that must to be avoided for many of us.