Thread: Oh Oh, used the P word today, opps or actually Not Opps anymore

Oh Oh, used the P word today, opps or actually Not Opps anymore

Well today was interesting. I had PT as legs have been bothering me. I suspected therapist would want to have me remove jeans so she could se the underlying musles and movements. Near the end of the session, she grabbed the jeans off the hook, wow these are heavy. I remarked, well yes, you grabbed my purse as well. Neither of us had any reaction to the explanation.

Just a year ago, I would have insisted it was either a "bag" or "man bag" but never, never purse. On the way to Kaiser we were planning a stop at eyeglass center and wife asked me to put her printed list of favorite frames in my purse. Again not bag, but purse. I just said ok and didn't comment. The carry on apparatus has not changed but it is amazing how much more comfortable I am with terms now. Heck, I even don't blink about using brush on make up over sunscreen. It's just enough to remove the white haze. What a difference a year makes.

So, what about you? What used to be an Opps event but now is a non-opps event?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I must admit to being clueless about the Opps and PT u refer to, Donna?

But, I do know I don't need a purse to carry my gear if I'm wearing men's pants or jeans!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc, PT = physical therapy

Opps = oops!

typo, manual spell checker. oops not opps, sorry. And yes, PT is physical therapy. If you don't need PT, your body is in better shape than mine.

Actually do need in male mode. I use 2 pair of glasses as eyes are very light sensitive. The transitions are ok, but still a strain and need regular full coverage polarized sun glasses. It's only 10-15% better by the specs, but it makes a difference. I tried dedicated eye glass holders, but keep on squishing the glasses or deforming them. I have never had that problem since switched to a bag with outside flap pocket. And having a slot for wallet makes it easier than torking body to get wallet out of tight jeans.

About 5 years ago I started with a small 5x7ish NS crossbody leather organizer bag. Simple bag: outside flap pocket that will hold wraparound sunglasses, inside pouch for wallet and organizer pouch with 20 credit card slots. I got many compliments on that look, and this was a time when either men had no bags or large laptop carry totes. Since then, the leather wore too much and didn't want to spend about 150 for new one and have migrated to a larger bag. As started carrying paperback books in bag as well as other things :-)

Most interesting is in 5 years, "man with purse" phrase went from "oh, look at that weirdo" to not even worth commenting on the forum.

I know what you mean Donna. I've taken recently to wearing a red and black necklace that my partner gave me, clearly female because it has four different length chains, plus a bright red lacy top, under my normal white man shirt. The latter shows as a little red triangle of lace at my open neck. That's with jeans and a leather jacket. I love how it looks and I feel it somehow enhances my masculinity. Kind of, yep it's a woman's item and what of it?

I think this morning saw me getting dressed. I had on panties, hose, shoes, bra and forms. I also had my eyelashes on. She came back home after leaving a few minutes ago to retrieve a left behind cell phone.

I was half way to the bathroom when the door opened. Oops!