Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Covid helped ?

Has Covid helped ?

Since Covid my wife has been so forgiving, I can now wear makeup at home , dress whenever i want etc , even last night when i moaned about taking the dog for a walk fully dressed , said stop moaning do it, am i dreaming ? Has Covid changed things

If I'm being completely honest I think Covid has ramped up my participation exponentially. I've shaved more frequently...I've bought more clothes...I've just come out to a larger degree to my SO...I'm kinda loving life right now.

Considering my reaction to covid was coming out of the closet (gradually) and deciding to transition it's been helpful for me. Mrs' opinion may differ!

Has not helped as far as my dressing and my wife is concerned but it has allowed me plenty to work on growing my breasts. This summer should be interesting because tee shirts will not hide D cup breasts like two shirts and a sweatshirt does in the winter! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    This summer should be interesting because tee shirts will not hide D cup breasts like two shirts and a sweatshirt does in the winter! Lol.
    Pictures....Or we don't believe the brake bleeder has worked ! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

You missed them, Rogina? Lol. Last post here. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...73434-bra-size!

Can PM you more....
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-18-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Banned Read only
    Debs,
    At the moment some wives could be taking the easy option as fewer people may not see you . I wouldn't get too carried away , I lived through the situation of taking one step forward only to find I had to take two steps back .

I must admit I miss taking my dog for a walk but I have carried on taking a walk with the other dog walkers , I will never complian about doing it as Teresa because I much prefer doing it that way than I did in male mode .

I've tried not to buy too many new clothes as we still don't know when we'll be free to wear them in the RW .

Reality Check
    Covid has not had any effect on my dressing and little effect on my life other than wearing a mask while shopping or in and out of restaurants. I am retired so there are no "work" issues.
    Krisi

COVID has killed my Brenda time

It's changed things greatly with the knowledge that almost no one will be coming to the door unannounced.
    I've been nearly full time with the exception of those days when some maintenance is required and I refuse to dirty my "good" clothes. We're both in nightgowns and robes far longer than we should be and I've had so much time to just be me. It's allowed me to become uber comfortable being me. It's become my "new normal" and I love it.

I find I actually have to think about my movements when in drab around others, how I stand, how I sit, what I do with my hands. I once had to "relax" into girl mode but now that's become so natural.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

COVID has allowed me to dress virtually 24/7. That’s a positive. It also killed my best friend. I’d rather have my friend back.

Platinum Member
    Except for wearing a negligee at night and under dressing with panties Covid-19 has been a bust (no pun intended). Although I am still buying panties to keep my head in the game. Two pairs came in the mail yesterday. More on the way. Earlier this week I received a very pretty Shadowline red nightgown.

All covid has meant for me is that if I wear a mask out I can skip shaving for three days. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I was a couple years into hormone therapy and out to close family and friends but still closeted to most of the public at the start of the pandemic. I'm full time, out to the world, had my name change done and have a couple of surgeries scheduled in the near future. So yeah, I had time to think about what I wanted to do with the rest of my days and how much there was left in the tank for being a guy. Turns out, there wasn't much left there and I've been amazed to see how easily the remnants of that fiction dried and flaked off. At lunch the other day I told an old friend that I was more content and closer to being happy than I have been in years. He said, "I know, it shows."
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I dress outside the house, so covid has killed my ability to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Me too. I can?t wait to go out shopping and eating out again in a nice outfit!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Covid took away all my fun. There's no where to go. My Friday happy hour place closed permanently. Hardly any reason to dress. A wedding as moh, 2 baby showers, 2 retirement parties. That's it for a whole year. I like being out and interacting with people in social situations. That's exactly what covid took away.

Covid helped me dressing 24/7. I started smartwork and its so funny work with women clothes.

In my case---not much of a "routine change"--- as my Outings were minimal already. One "advantage" to this has been the use of my scarves as face-coverings" that make doing makeup unnecessary. Cant see to put it on -- so since the scarf & shades cover most everything--Do go out w/o any makeup at all. Only go on "no-contact" walks anymore, and no more bus rides---- so no-talking or face-to-face situations. Cant go over to the sub shop I visited in the past Dressed- as they closed-up. Might go Out this weekend, Dressed, but no makeup under that covered face. Walk a while, then back home. Get "seen"--- but not clocked. Toni G...
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Platinum Member
    Hi Debs , COVID really hasn't changed my life,But I don't go out dressed, >Orchid**oo**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When we were in lockdown all my usual girlie outings were impossible. When we had a break and non essential shops opened there was a chance to go out shopping and have meals out.Can?t wait for the chance to go out and do normal things. At least I have been able to buy online. A new Hobbs dress arrived today and will be worn on one of my first outings. When so many have suffered my inability to go out dressed is nothing in comparison of course,

Aspiring Member
    COVID has changed and accelerated many things. My CDing is definitely not one of them. The last time I was out en femme was in November 2019. That is when I took my avatar photo for my Rose City T-Girls account. Even my dressing in the closet is no more than 10% of what it was. My clothes expenses are less than half of what they were. Yet, my reading on the subject of CDing has increased a lot.

No movies, no plays, no music. No matter how you are dressed it is dull. Even if I want to go to the botanical gardens I have to book ahead for a specific time slot. I still get out but do not stay out for very long.

Before last weekend I'd have said that it most certainly hasn't helped me. I've worked from home for years, but this last year my wife and kids have been WFH too, and so I've had zero dressing time (though under dressing every day). I did order some quite feminine socks a couple of times, and I openly wear them around the house and no-one has mentioned them. I've also known that some pairs of my knickers show above my jeans if I bend over too far, but I'm fairly careful about not doing that too much. Anyway, my wife and I have an unspoken protocol now, where she is conveniently not in the bedroom when I am getting undressed or dressed, and therefore I'm always in regular boxers when she sees me.

All this changed last weekend when my wife and I went away in the caravan for a few nights. My underwear for the whole trip was knickers, since I'd be wearing pyjamas to bed because of the cold and in case one of us needed to rush out with the dog. The first few nights and mornings we did the dance where I'd dress while she was in the bathroom in the morning, and I'd undress and change into pyjamas in bathroom in the night. Neither of us said anything, but we both knew what was going on. Anyway, on the last night, after dinner, my wife started what many on this site euphemistically refer to as "intimate time". Before she could undo my jeans I asked her if she wanted me to change my underwear. To my amazement she said "no", and actually seemed to enjoy the feel of the knickers when my jeans were off. When we'd finished, I put my knickers back on and dressed and she was in the room and fine with it. Ditto for the next morning. I thanked her and told her how much it meant to me, and she seemed surprised that I thought it was such a big deal. This from the woman who found one of my tops once and said it made her feel physically sick. Anyway, I don't know if that change in attitude was in any way related to Covid, but it was fantastic. We've gone back to the normal bedroom changing protocol since we're back, but at least now I'm not terrified that she may accidentally catch a glimpse.

Covid has prompted me to book some time away by myself in an airbnb. I'll get to dress for almost five whole days, and I can't wait! I doubt I'd have worked up enough motivation to do that if we hadn't been cooped up for so long.
    Last edited by Melanie Sykes; 05-06-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Add detail

It's mostly been very negative for me.

But I have learnt to wear really sheer stockings and heels all day without laddering them, and more importantly, I am up to a full C cup.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-06-2021 at 04:21 PM. Reason: The discussion of non-surgical breast enhancement is prohibited.