Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confidence Advice Needed

I'm working up courage and plan of getting out in public -- in a limited way. My plan would be to utilize a covid mask to hide my blatant facial hair. In my case, I think my MIAD look is awful and would draw attention, and not the sort of attention I would want. Also, my fun is in looking feminine. But that is me. Do what works for you, and enjoy it. P.S. I still have a long range plan of being clean shaven (for a little bit anyway) when I would have an opportunity to fully feminize.

Thanks Geena, that's pretty much what I was thinking, a mask if I wanted to hide the beard for now but more importantly I'm doing this for me and I have to be comfy, my SO has to be comfy and I have to be myself otherwise I'm doing it fir the wrong reasons. I understand that my bring some looks and comments but those I'll deal with when I need to I refuse to pretend to be something I'm not just to be accepted

Trixie,
    Because my upper lip (to me) looks like a turtle lip, I have had at least a mustache if not goatee or beard since age 15. I too crave to feel comfortable in my skin and clothing in public. I am taking baby steps.....I started recently shaving my beard down to a goatee(can be hidden by covid mask) if/when I eventually venture into public. I also shaved my underarms, chest, and waist to just above my knees (so I can still have hairy man legs for shorts.....but I'm already thinking about getting rid of that too. If anyone questions it's for skin/ personal hygiene (I'm prone to boils, festered hair/follica ....not to mention what's sexy about sweaty, matted leg/chest/pit hair.....and like my wife says.... "What makes you think you're so special to think that people even see/acknowledge you enough to judge or criticize
    I turn 50 in September and completely DONE with worrying about what others think about me or their version of *normal* and will live MY life MY way! At the same time however, I am doing this with my wife's support/approval/guidance too.....It's one thing for my comfort, but at the same time wouldn't want make a spectacle of her or her feelings either. Best of luck!

Agree completely. My wife is soooo supportive I can't thank her enough. Everything I do and we do we speak about first to make sure it's not going to cause problems. It's all about being confident and comfortable for me, I'm not looking to pass or not to pass, I'm looking to be me, to he open and honest about who I am. To those who want to pass, good luck I hope you're happy. Similarly to those who don't good luck and enjoy it. To me its each to their own, why does there have to be a right and a wrong way, its our choice (mine and my wifes) no one else's.