Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting into your dress: Motivational for Weight loss or De-motivational

Fitting into your dress: Motivational for Weight loss or De-motivational

I had one experience where I got really close online with another crossdresser and we were going to meet. In preparation and when I had some alone time I tried out my outfits and i had gained weight. It was in the winter and the heat was on and it turned into a sweaty sad night. I purged then and never met the other.

Several years later and with COVID I have gained weight again. But this time my desire to be who I want to be is very motivational to me. I am exercising, healthy and the weight is coming off. The little black dress is waiting for me.

Hugs.

Funny how it goes, over the last year I have lost weight. Less eating in restaurants, more eating at home and planning better, healthier meals.

Oddly enough, My dresses must be a little stretchy and have always fit, regardless of a weight shift. I admit, though, that when my weight is up they are less flattering. Last fall, using my feminine look a partial motivation, I resolved to lose a little weight -- slowly. Six months and four holidays later, I checked and am between 15 and 20 lbs. lighter (about back to my HS football playing weight). Next goal is another 15 -- slowly.

Platinum Member
    I am very frustrated with the weight gain over the past year. No pics, nothing till I get back to my pre-covid weight
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have lost about half of what I gained since the pandemic started. Eating was not my problem... not playing ice hockey was! One game will blast off a weeks worth of calories easily! All the rinks shut down and all the leagues I played in paused. Just got an email today that one league is starting back up in July but I seriously doubt I can make a comeback at 69 after not skating for 15 months. Especially going up against 25 year olds who just want to drop their gloves and fight. Hope to start skating again and at least get back into shape enough to teach the grandchild how to skate (and shoot.... and maybe cross check!). Lol.

And do hope my fem clothes will fit better and Hope not to loose anything on top!
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-21-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Motivation? Absolutely!

I've lost 60 pounds over the 9 years since retirement. Lots of exercise but the key is intake control. I am finally near my goal of 165.

My GG friend Michelle gives me the clothes she doesn't want anymore and some of the items are currently too small for me, so I am trying to shrink to be able to squeeze into them. Motivation indeed!

Motivational and desk jobs are the worst...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

a couple weeks ago I reported that I had reached 212, but sadly I have migrated back up to 220 area. But I will keep trying. I now walk 2 miles a day at 3 miles an hour. As soon as the endurance has achieved for 3.5 MPH, I will kick in another mile. (that is 17.5 min per mile). My goal is 180 lb. When I started I was about 245#. The big fear is when I get down to the target lb I will have to buy a whole new wardrobe. . and take new photos.
    My DR says if I can maintain the 180 for 2 months she will take me off my weekly Diabitie shots.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-22-2021 at 01:14 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Jamie, a month ago I was at my all time high, 269. Four weeks later I weigh 259. My goal is to be down 80 pounds by Christmas. If I make my goal I'm buying myself Gold Seal CustomSkin Marilyn attachable breast forms as a gift as well as a new wardrobe. So motivation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I also found the weight had packed on me during the holidays last winter. January I started to improve my eating habits and 5 months later I have lost enough weight that I am back on the shortest belt loop hole and am about ready to add a new hole to use so I can keep my pants up. Losing weight makes my clothes look better but also detract a bit from my natural bustline. I guess I cant have both.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Excersize is great for keeping u in shape. But, useless as a long term weight loss tool.
    Changing your eating and drinking habits is the only way!

The only excersize that will consistently help u lose weight and keep it off is this one:

Sit down at your dining table. Put your hands on the table edge and push yourself away from it! Repeat as often as it takes!

My motivation comes from how I feel and how I look!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Fortunately I did not gain weight during Covid-19. I read some figures on the average weight gain during Covid-19 and it wasn't encouraging at all. I've been at 200 +/- for a long time. Post op to a gall bladder removal in 2014 I fell to 185 but felt lousy. My body went back to 195. One thing to consider is muscle weighs more than fat. Good muscle tone will give you a better figure than fat at the same weight.

I too have gained a few pounds over all this quarantine time.
    I was going to wear one of my favorite skirts the other day and it was just a bit too tight for comfort. Now it's time to shed those pounds and regain my figure. Won't be easy, must be done.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Dropped weight over the last year and crossdressing definitely motivates me to stay trim. Karren have you ever considered retiring the hockey stick and start figuring skating? I think you might enjoy the outfits.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie , I have a digital scale in the bathroom and I keep a constant check on my weight

I lost 18 LBS four years ago when myWife was in the Hospital for a month,
    I stay right at 198/200, >>>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

very motivational for me! wanting to lose 20+ pounds this summer and am trying a low carb diet

It's totally motivating for me. And, it tells me how much women think about this all the time. I love sharing that!
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Jamie , I have a digital scale in the bathroom and I keep a constant check on my weight
    I read recently that people who weigh themselves daily have been control over their weight. I realize there can be slight ups and downs, but, they become aware of trends faster than those who weigh themselves infrequently. My primary care clinic recommends weighing in when first awakening and eliminating body waste. By the time I drink three cups of coffee I've gained 1 1/2 pounds of fluid.

Blue,

totally agree with you. I'm 0.9 lb. with in my goal of 175 from 240 10 years ago. And yes it does help the dress size. Darn the wide shoulders. size 10 or 12 shorts size but large or 16 for top.

Davina

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I read recently that people who weigh themselves daily have been control over their weight. I realize there can be slight ups and downs, but, they become aware of trends faster than those who weigh themselves infrequently. My primary care clinic recommends weighing in when first awakening and eliminating body waste. By the time I drink three cups of coffee I've gained 1 1/2 pounds of fluid.
    Steph, I rarely check my weight, maybe once a month. I don't need to weigh myself to know that I have gained weight, I can feel it, the scale just confirms it. I might lose weight faster if I paid attention to it, but at 175 pounds at 5'10" it really is not a major issue. I would like to get under 170 pounds, maybe by the end of the summer, maybe not! I don't try that hard!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Davina, I am about the same, size 8 or 10 pants, 16 on top. I don't see the top changing much and there isn't much there to loose. All of it is belly!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I read the same about those who weigh themselves daily in the New York Times, so I bought an internet enabled scale in 2012 and have pretty much weighed myself daily since then. Over that time I've gone from about 225 to 165, and hope to lose a few more pounds.

As you can tell though, the journey has been like a roller coaster ride; some pretty big climbs along the way.

Also, expect daily fluctuations of a pound or more occasionally. It just happens.

I recommend using MyFitnessPal to track calorie intake. No one diet has been proven better than another. The only diet that works is the math diet; consume less calories than you burn daily and over time you'll lose weight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by char GG; 05-25-2021 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Topic not allowed

I have dropped 25 lbs since mid January. When I want to grab an extra snack or helping at dinner, I do think about looking better in my female presentation and use that as a motivation.

I find extremely motivational!
    After many years over 250 lbs the COVID related stress (and intermittent fasting) helped me to reach 200lbs by november.
    Totally agree with daily weighing as a good strategy. You should look for what plan works best for you - diet, exercise, fasting, crossdressing? In my case, by chance I found out that was very easy for me to fast. For more than a year I fast at least 12hrs daily and one or two times per week I go for 24hr fasting. Use the Zero app in iOS to help me keep the timing.
    My blood tests improved tremendously. Liver fat is gone after decades!

Very happy to fit in this dress!!!

3F90B209-9A5B-4DE6-9045-6910E5426B79.jpg

Every women I know older then 18 has said I have this dress, I have to lose weight so I can wear it. lol (and yes I have one)

Connie you are so right I remember wanting to fit in a missy size 16 so many more adorable dresses and skirts available that was 100% my motivation to drop lbs.