Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would someone recognize you if you were dressed?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    I've had this discussion with friends and basically, if no one knows you dress they are not looking for you in a wig, etc. That being said, the opposite happened to me. I was out one evening not dressed and bumped into a friend that had only met me as Rachael and she knew right away.
    That's interesting to hear.

Banned Read only
    Your biggest fear and you go out with your girlfriend? That's something! The minute you introduce a familiar external identifier, it's game over. Example: Your significant other, unique car or vehicle, etc.

The whole theory behind not being easily recognized is that people who know you aren't thinking of you when they randomly see a woman, even if she seems a little off somehow. Yet, the minute they see your significant other, or they see that woman getting out of your bright red convertible, you can guarantee that they are absolutely thinking of you. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi Gondin View Post
    That is my biggest fear while CDing. But I believe the greatest risk is from recognizing my girlfriend first and then trying to figure out that tall lady with her.

After going out fully dressed I showed some pictures taken to my therapist . She said she would never think that girl was me.

Gave me some relief.

When going out to night clubs dressed we are always aware of that risk and pay a lot of attention to eventually bump into someone known. It has not happened yet.

I would say many wouldn't recognize me.

The few times I have gone out dressed in public places have been to spots where people I know when I'm in male mode, were. And out of ten or so acquaintances who were in the room each time, only one...Who knew I was coming dressed, ever recognized me. In fact, while I was dressed, one restaurant owner friend, sent me a glass of wine and a cocktail napkin with his phone number on it...As a guy, I don't think he's ever bought me a free drink!

hello Jamie,
    I would probably be recognised - unless I shave my beard off!
    stay healthy,
    luv J

I wear glasses all the time in male mode, but when I go out dressed I only wear contacts. That plus makeup, dressing to blend, and wig prevent anyone I know from recognizing me. Some people may figure I'm a man being 6' and 210 pounds, but there are now a number of women that size. Last time I was shopping in Marshalls, there were women my height, but not quite as heavy. People walked right by me making eye contact without even registering - they were all intent on their own shopping.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Walked by my x girlfriend at the mall. She didn't say a thing and I know she would have she hated me.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN