Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would someone recognize you if you were dressed?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KymG View Post
    I have no idea.
    I would like to say no, i wouldnt be recognised , but i think it depends where you are and who spots you.
    I would be recognised as a man, because i havent mastered the walk, but as me hopefully not.
    There's a clear difference between being spotted or clocked as a CD and being recognized. I'm very comfortable with people seeing me as a CD and not a woman. I learned that the more I tried to role play what I perceived to be fem behavior or traits, the more I drew attention and scrutiny to myself. I am decidedly less comfortable with people recognizing me as me, however.

I once address myself in male mode to a female professor at a college I attended in Denver. She had attended are local support group many times in research for a book she did. She was also very good looking and dressed well When I first met her at the support group My comment was "Wow you pass well" Any way I walked up and said hi I know you from GIC the support group. She looked at me strangely and said "I don't recognize you at all, what is your fem name" I told her and again she said "wow I definitely know Sallee and I don't see her at all in you, amazing "
    So I guess I fooled her. WE became friends on campus after that, It was fun knowing some one there you knew me in both genders. I was mentioned in her book. She had met my wife also at the group and we all attended a drag ball in Denver. Great fun

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It seems like the general consensus is no you generally won't be recognized but you might not pass/blend as a woman. I know I have passed by people I know and not a glance, but they were doing their thing and I was doing mine. Seldom have I met CD's I know and recognized them in girl mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Jamie, I have asked my GG friend if she would recognize me en femme if she didn't know it was me..... She said she wouldn't. LOL Also, I don't go anywhere en femme where I think someone I know might be there, so I don't worry about it really. If someone else like my dad were to see me dressed, I'm sure he'd recognize me but I will NOT allow that to happen! LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I totally recognize myself when dressed and made up and at the same time have no idea if someone else who knew me would.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie , I don't even recognise myself when I get all put together, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Best compliment I ever received was when I went onto my favorite local pub on Halloween dressed as Kimmy. I am friends with the house band there. After waiting for an open seat I went up to say hello to them. One of the ladies, who has known me for 5 or 6 years told me that she saw me waiting for my table for over 30 minutes and never recognized me. Best feeling ever.

When I first started fully dressing and contemplating going out I came across a website .... from a Canadian crossdresser group I think ... that said for most CDs a lot of people will look at you and see something "off" and carry on, some will see you as a man in a dress a dressing maybe have some reaction, but in wig and full makeup hardly anyone will recognize you as your male self unless they are really looking. It gave me a lot of confidence and I found it to be very true .. for me at least.

A long time ago in a galaxy far ...

Oh wait, wrong story. A fair number of years ago, when I was doing a "reveal" to a GG friend (I told her I was coming over dressed):

She opened the door, took one look at me and said "Oh. You're not..." then she paused and said "Oh! it IS you!"

So - I guess I passed the "quick look" but not the "closer look." Then again, she was actively looking. I'd like to think that if we'd passed on the street, she wouldn't have known who I was.

I walked right past a co-worker in a open area of our metro train station and he looked right at me without a second glance.
    I work in the same office area not more than 10 feet away and chatted with him about business on several occasions.
    Met Carla Westin on the forum here and she mentioned I look totally different in guy mode too.
    So I am pretty confident most people who know my feminine self could not pic me out of a line up of people with similar facial features.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I'm quite sure there is not enough difference between dressed and drab to avoid recognition.
    An SA at 7/11 met me first dressed. Bought a drink and smokes, everything very casual. She was very cordial. A week later the slight grin and knowing look told me she had me clocked.

A co-worker came toward me in the pharmacy! She had no idea about Lana Mae! She cocked her head to the side and said my male name questioningly! No other incidences like this one ever occurred! She was very supportive and accepting! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Allowing that I don't fully dress, mind you, but I think not. When I dress to the level I do, when I look in the mirror I scarcely recognize myself.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Not at all, I feel. I look so different than my male self and can look so many more different ways. I am one of those people that makeup, etc. can change drastically. I have no qualms about showing my fem pictures.

Since covid and people wearing mask I'm surprised at how many people can still recognize each other.I meet people all the time and we both have mask on and will call each other by name.I think if people are use to seeing you with short hair or no hair a nice wig,good make-up skills and presentation a lot of you girls on here can pull it off.I can't.I never dress and go out in my small town.I drive at least an hour before I bring Michelle out for the public to see.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

My co-workers had no idea who I was at the Christmas party.... until I spoke.
    my breast forms were passed around so everyone could have a feel, I was worried I'd never get them back.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think no friend or work person would know me. However I look way to much like my sister if I ran into a family member I would be recognized.

At 18 I got dressed up and walked to the park at about 11:00 PM and sat on a bench.

Then a car pulled up and five older guys got out and started walking towards me.
    I felt it was time to leave so I started walking towards the exit and they started to follow me saying "hay, you want a beer"!

I started running, hopping two fences in a dress and heels. Well they caught up to me and were asking me who I was and if I wanted to hang out.
    I didn't want to talk, I knew my voice would give me away.

They didn't realize I was a guy for about 5 min. and then one of then said "your so and sos brother, why are you dressed as a girl?" I said my friends dared me to do it.
    Well they had a good laugh and left.

That was a crazy night.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 05-28-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

There are certain stores that I patronize only while I?m en femme. I?m usually recognized there, but I have no other experiences.

Banned Read only
    So... You went to a park at 11pm dressed, forty plus years ago. Five guys chased you through yards in the middle of the night. They caught up and interrogated you. And you survived that episode unscathed. You were incredibly fortunate. God or luck or something was on your side that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    At 18 I got dressed up and walked to the park at about 11:00 PM and sat on a bench.

Then a car pulled up and five older guys got out and started walking towards me.
    I felt it was time to leave so I started walking towards the exit and they started to follow me saying "hay, you want a beer"!

I started running, hopping two fences in a dress and heels. Well they caught up to me and were asking me who I was and if I wanted to hang out.
    I didn't want to talk, I knew my voice would give me away.

They didn't realize I was a guy for about 5 min. and then one of then said "your so and sos brother, why are you dressed as a girl?" I said my friends dared me to do it.
    Well they had a good laugh and left.

That was a crazy night.

Aspiring Member
    Most of the time they would not. I agree that if you are with a spouse or vehicle they would recognize it would be more likely. Several years ago I dressed up as a witch for Halloween (black dress, hose, 2 inch black heels, cheap black wig and green fingernails). We had a block party and I went down by myself. Started talking to several neighbors. Finally one lady asked, ?who are you?? When I told them they could not believe it! One male neighbor hit on me and several years would always ask when I was going to dress as a woman again.
    Michellecd9999

I don't know, but I am totally paranoid about it. So I try to go out (back when I used to go out) as far from home as I feasibly can.

Jamie, I look like one of my sisters when dressed, so I'm sure my family would recognize me. I'm not sure if others would.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    my breast forms were passed around so everyone could have a feel, I was worried I'd never get them back.
    So, everyone got to feel your boobies? Too funny!

I've walked right past coworkers while dressed.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

That is my biggest fear while CDing. But I believe the greatest risk is from recognizing my girlfriend first and then trying to figure out that tall lady with her.

After going out fully dressed I showed some pictures taken to my therapist . She said she would never think that girl was me.

Gave me some relief.

When going out to night clubs dressed we are always aware of that risk and pay a lot of attention to eventually bump into someone known. It has not happened yet.

I think this all depends on who and where.

I have never been recognised when dressed but then i have not came across many friends in that situation.

There have also been some friends I know, who have but unlucky enough to see me in male mode. They did not have a clue who I was until I spoke to them.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations