Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would someone recognize you if you were dressed?

Would someone recognize you if you were dressed?

I once threw a Hallowing party and a workmate (who prior to that had a beard) came dressed as a woman. And really looked good! He then kept hitting on me. I could not recognize him at all. Eventually his hitting on me started getting annoying. It wasn't until the very end that he let me know who he was. When I look at my dressed pictures, I can see myself, but I am not sure others could. Anyone been recognized?

Jamie

It would probably depend how dressed up, howuch make up, etc. I went to a Halloween party dressed years ago, everyone knew it was me, and they all hit on me. One guy even picked me up and carried me.
    Julianna Frances

Jamie,

That is a tricky question. We will always see ourselves no matter what makeup or wig we wear. We might think it's a better looking version of us but us nevertheless.

If you take a look in the Pictures section there's a sticky there Boy Vs Girl mode. Many of those even though we see both modes side by side look like two different people which perhaps is more an indication of how others would see us when enfemme. I've written of once being at a social group and it was getting towards the end of the evening. It was a private room and the toilet door opened and two guys suddenly appeared my first though being where the hell did they come from. It took a second or two to realise I'd been sat next to both of them but while in their femme attire. The difference was remarkable.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Jamie,

I have been within four feet of two former employees that worked for me for over twenty years at three car shows and they looked straight at me and did not recognize me. Same thing with their wives. At a later date I have talked to them and they were just as normal with me as always.

Two weeks ago I was at a local health food store and a girl from church that I have known since she was born 55+ years ago checked me out and I paid with a credit card and used a customer loyalty card and she never gave any indication she knew me. On a later date I checked out and she greeted me as usual asking about me and my family etc. I don't believe she had any idea about me being there dressed previously.

I think if you are not with your spouse or in a distinctive vehicle that would be associated with you that in MOST cases most people won't make a connection and recognize you.

Suzi Q

We do not look alike.... at all! I have walked past co-workers in parking lots while out enfemme on business trips... no one has recognized her as me... is...

Platinum Member
    I think I am a dead giveaway because I am six foot and 200 pounds. When I look in the mirror I see myself. Some people are more observant and are better at facial recognition than others. A long time ago my wife and I were outside the local Eagles Club and my wife's father showed up attired as a woman for Halloween. To my wife and I he was fully recognizable. Basically he had on a wig and a dress. That was his attempt at female impersonation. Later, he said nobody at the club recognized him. I thought to myself everyone must have been dead drunk already. My wife has absolutely no memory of meeting her father that night. Me? I was envious that his girl friend convinced him to dress as a woman.

It really depends on who that “someone” is and how well they know you.

I am in a band and one of my band mates had his annual Holloween party/jam. I showed up in my maid costume. He knew it was me because he was outside when my wife and I drove up. The other band member came later and didn't recognize me at all. That same night before my wife and I left for the party, I stopped my a couple of neighbor places, we live in a trailer park, unannounced. They didn't know who this maid was that was approaching them until they saw my wife coming up from behind. So I don't think anyone would know who I was, especially with good make up. It's so much fun!

A Halloween a few years ago we went house hopping and when I was leaving my freinds house he said goodbye and called out my male name. His wife started laughing and told my friend I wasn't there. She was in shock how I looked and she didn't recognize me at all.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't go to vanilla venues near me dressed. So, everywhere I go dressed? They only know me as Sherry.

Early on I attended a trans, afternoon, BBQ at someone's home in drab. They all knew and welcomed Sherry. But, no one said a word to me!

Last time I ever did that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I think I am a dead giveaway because I am six foot and 200 pounds.
    So you're the size of my sister. No big deal! She never gets mistaken for a man.
    But I don't think I'd be able to get away with it. Six four, 250, fat head, I couldn't even pass for Dot Jones.
    Feet way too big, hands too. Protruding brow bar on my forehead. Nope, not gonna work.
    Maybe this Halloween I can dress up as Princess Fiona, though I don't know how good I'll look in green!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have been told no. Here's a couple examples.

Last year in Australia went to a Dangerfield store dressed. Spent about an hour with Amelia.

Went back a week later as the guy me. Amelia was at the desk. I asked her if another associate was working. She didn't know it was me.

Was in a local Savers. A young woman came up to me and said I looked good, had great legs, and should stick to short dresses (which I tend to do). We talked for about 5 minutes.

A week later, browsing in boy mode. I see her, and decide to walk up to her. I made mention of something we had talked about. She had no idea I was the same person. I even asked her about it.

I was in Vegas, in a Ted Baker store, and asked the SA if they had a certain dress, and showed her a dress that I was wearing (what happens in Vegas....). She asked when my wife tried it on. I told her it wasn't my wife, it was me.

Also, I was walking into DSW and walking out was a woman who knows me (99% sure it was her but I looked away to try to avoid detection). She has never said anything. Fortunately, I didn't blurt out "hi Erin"....
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 05-22-2021 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Add last sentence

When Sherlyn and I started dating she would not believe me no one would ever recognize her/ her.
    We lived in different countrys and while there for a visit I convinced her to go to a water front park where her mom, brother and step dad would sit and have coffee after dinner. They have not met me yet, we drove my car and were inches away and they had no idea . She finally believed me.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I think there is definitely a related question of, do you pass as a woman here. If you are seen as a woman at first glance then there is little chance any one else is going to recognise a male they know. If you are seen as male despite the dress and make up, as some are, due to physical build, then others are bound to check further into their knowledge and history banks to try and fathom who/what they are seeing. It's simply human nature/curiosity to do so.

I have a petite build, 5ft 6 135-140 so that does make it easier. My wife says no one would recognize me. I have never come face to face with someone I know well, but i'll take my wife's word lol.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe, I have gone into a store that knows me and they did not recognize me. I have had SA's know who i was just walking in the door.
    I think if people have no expectation of you dressed than i don't thing most people would notice at a casual glance.
    Sara

There's an easy answer here....
    Just take a look at the "boy mode vs. girl mode" thread.
    That being said, I don't think I look that much different between modes, and would most likely be recognized. But that theory hasn't been tested.... yet.

I would probably be recognized. My makeup skills are enough to get me covered and I have a defining scar above my right eyebrow. I think if given enough time , anyone that knows you well could tell.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Read only
    I have always refrained from going out dressed near my home base to avoid the possibility of being recognized. Even so, after a while, it's almost inevitable that you will encounter friends or relatives or co-workers. It has happened to me more than a few times now, and the people have either not recognized me or, possibly, simply chose to act as if they did not. I really believe that most of us go about our lives quite self-absorbed and aren't walking around actively scanning the horizon trying to identify people we know. My experience in the vanilla world tends to back up this theory. The photos in the comparison thread are a pretty stark reminder that we look very very different to others, even though we may see ourselves clearly in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    I think there is definitely a related question of, do you pass as a woman here. If you are seen as a woman at first glance then there is little chance any one else is going to recognise a male they know. If you are seen as male despite the dress and make-up, as some are, due to physical build, then others are bound to check further into their knowledge and history banks to try and fathom who/what they are seeing. It's simply human nature/curiosity to do so.
    To "pass" as a woman is, in my opinion, simply to blend into the environment thanks to a combination of random genetics, makeup skills, and attire. If anyone walks past a number of women who all tend to be the same size and shape and wearing situation-appropriate clothes, no one would ever stop to determine which of them is a GG and which is not. Most of the time, I go to great lengths to blend into the environment. To be just another random woman of my age. Sometimes, however, it's a blast to do the exact opposite. To make a bold statement and become a focal point for attention. That's something I have enjoyed doing far, far away from home, lol.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 05-23-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Yes, because of my size and build.

I would venture to say no. None of my friends or family would recognize me.
    I went to a Halloween party years ago. My wife did my makeup and I was fully dressed. When we arrived I walked in with a male friend so they wouldn't get a hint.
    All I heard were things like, "who is that girl?" then "so and so who's your new girlfriend?" then it became "that's a guy not a girl, who's that guy?". Finally I spoke and they all lost it. So no I don't think any would know me, especially since my skills have developed over the years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It depends on the person (and their level of situational awareness), also if I was with my wife the odds of being recognized would go up expontially.
    Jill

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    In a word... Absolutely.

I used to try my best to "hide the man" and it never worked. No matter what I did, I always looked like me but with makeup. Only once was I able to achieve anything even remotely feminine and I ended up looking just like my mother. Eventually, I got tired of trying, and tired of caring how others perceived me. I still dress, but rarely will I do anymore makeup than lipstick. I know who I am, and that's all that really matters.

I have no idea.
    I would like to say no, i wouldnt be recognised , but i think it depends where you are and who spots you.
    I would be recognised as a man, because i havent mastered the walk, but as me hopefully not.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I've had this discussion with friends and basically, if no one knows you dress they are not looking for you in a wig, etc. That being said, the opposite happened to me. I was out one evening not dressed and bumped into a friend that had only met me as Rachael and she knew right away.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"