Thread: It's been worth it, but I sure missed my wardrobe...

It's been worth it, but I sure missed my wardrobe...

Early this year, I had to put all my femme wardrobe away in tubs so that my daughter and her family could move it while transitioning between houses. For five months I had virtually NO chance to wear what I'd like to be wearing with several grandsons in the house. My wife and my therapist are the only ones who have any idea what's included in my preferred wardrobe, so I just had to be patient.

Just as my daughter relocated to the new digs, my son and his family visited for a couple of weeks from out of state so everything stayed in storage. I dropped him and his family off at the airport and came home and almost immediately began moving tubs back into the house from the garage attic. It'd been way too long...

Everything smelled musty as I tried various things on so I had to cycle almost all of it through the laundry and am still working on that task. Some items were in space saver vacuum bags and were ok as is. As I go through everything, I've probably changed a half dozen times in the last 24 hours. And, I'm sorta planning my wardrobe for days to come...

I think my daughter would be totally disappointed to find our her dad was a crossdresser and I think my DIL would freak and the cost could be extremely high. I love my grands and wouldn't do anything that I knew could keep me from seeing them.

I'd started a post that included more about my therapy sessions, but timed out and had to start over. I'm thinking now that it'd be better to make a separate post about it. Anyway, it's good to have my wardrobe back and I'm looking forward to bingeing for the next few weeks.

Bea,

Happy for you.

Perhaps as they say, every cloud has a silver lining, so is this your chance as you unpack everything to assess your wardrobe, decide that a few things need updating, donate to charity and replace with new.

Dressing and retail therapy, double whammy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bea , Sometimes you just have to get your priorities in in order to protect the ones that you Love.

>>>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

This is such an accurate statement of where so many of us "live". Thanks Orchid.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Bea , Sometimes you just have to get your priorities in in order to protect the ones that you Love.

>>>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Yeah, my family has been my priority since I got married almost five decades ago. I've loved being a husband, dad and grandfather. As I said, it was worth it, but I like to feel worth prioritizing on occasion.
    Last edited by Bea_; 07-19-2021 at 06:21 PM.