Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whaat annoys you about CD?

My love/hate relationship with heels. How much an ounce of any of my makeup products cost. Absolutely SLAYING my eyeshadow only to **** up ONE GODDAMNED EYEBROW.

What annoys ne about crossdressing? The fact that I have to hide from certain people cause I'm afraid of how they will react and losing them. How I can't always find clothes that fit and that Lane Bryant had bland outfits. Having to shave a lot when my hair on my chest or legs grow back quickly. And never being able to find women's shoes that would fit my gigantic feet

Quote Originally Posted by Christina89 View Post
    What annoys ne about crossdressing? The fact that I have to hide from certain people cause I'm afraid of how they will react and losing them. How I can't always find clothes that fit and that Lane Bryant had bland outfits. Having to shave a lot when my hair on my chest or legs grow back quickly. And never being able to find women's shoes that would fit my gigantic feet
    Still haven't found a pair of womens shoes that fit or don't cause excruciating pain. My clothes I get at thrift stores or Amazon. Caution just make sure of the sizing most USA sizing is spot on, but China sizing is WAY OFF! I am 2xl or 20/22 in US womens but a 4xl-5xl in anything from China.
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

bras in my size are either black or white and never sexy

Clothing sizes ...
    But the absolute most annoying is having to take it off and go back to drab 😣

Shaving my legs and starting the makeup. I do enjoy doing the lipstick. Then back to not enjoying taking off the makeup and nail polish.

Shoes are only a problem in that I have too many and have a hard time resisting new heels.

Seeing others who can pass very easily while I look like a guy in a dress.
    Amanda

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Oh yes, I will say that one of the most annoying things about CD'ing is shoe sizing..... My shoe size is 11W and it's almost next-to-impossible to find women's shoes in 11W, unless I can find them on the Torrid website. Occasionally, I'll find a pair that I like in 11W at Walmart, but that's rare. Oh, but I did find a pair of brown booties for the winter that I really like at Shoe Show, so I bought them back during the winter. LOL

Also, bras can be quite tedious and uncomfortable. It took me a WHILE to finally find the right bra size. But, I do have a couple of bras by Hanes that are the most comfortable bras that I've ever had on. TheHanes Invisible Embrace Lightweight WireFree Tailored Pullover Bra, Style G561, (I know, that's a lot), but that bra literally feels so good that it feels like you're not wearing a bra at all! LOL If y'all wanna try this one, here's a link to where it's at on the Walmart website, no sign-up required: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Inv...G561/241998702

Another thing that annoys me about CD'ing is makeup..... While I love applying and wearing makeup, it is a hassle, takes me forever to do my makeup and a lot of times, I mess up something with my makeup.

And about nylons/pantyhose..... I LOVE wearing them but yes, I'll agree that the lifespan of nylons is a bit too short. Just this past week, I've gotten runs and had to toss three or four pairs of pantyhose..... GRR!! However, (IF you can afford them cause they're quite pricey and I know they've been discussed on the forum before), a fairly new company called Sheertex has invented and is manufacturing and selling indestructable pantyhose. I own a few pairs of them and it's true, you CANNOT rip them! LOL

Another thing to add to my list of annoying CD'ing things is nails..... I SUCK at painting my nails! LOL Enough about that.

As far as clothing sizing goes, that also took me a while to figure out that I'm a dress size 16, or XL and those sizes fit me quite well so that's not really annoying for me. However, sometimes the clothing I buy isn't true to size and I have to return it.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I just received a cheap dress from eBay, from China. I ordered an XL, it was shown to fit size 16-18. It might be a size 8! I tossed it in the trash because I ripped it trying to put it on. At least it was only $12.

I am generally reluctant to buy clothing that ships from China unless i am very comfortable wit the sizing, or the price. This time I thought both were good to go, I was wrong. Plus trying to return it, if I had not ripped it, would cost more than the dress was worth.

I think many of my bug bears have been covered here, including shoe sizing (a nine can be just right from one soutce but slightly too small from another) and clothing sizes too when a 16 isn't explicitly stated.

I'll add the following.

1) Hoisery snagging easily, especially with low denier that looks nicer on the legs. If you opt for darker-coloured hoisery, the snags show more.

2) While slips under dresses and skirts enhance the comfort level, try sitting on a slight slope. I start sliding down sometimes.

I did a thread a year ago about unexpected advantages, so I'll repost those.

1) Suspender / garter clasps under a skirt or dress are good for stopping a laptop sliding around on your knee, with the suspender bumps coinciding with a groove along the back of the laptop.

2) High heels are great for reaching higher shelves in cupboards without standing on other objects to reach.

3) A new one is being able to reach an itch in certain regions of your body as all you have to do is temporarily pull the skirt or dress aside (obviously privately).

4) One that affects me is wearing hoisery while in bed reduces the risk of being woken up by restless ankles, due to my body cooling down and reduced blood flow. The hoisery keeps my legs slightly warmer along their entire length.

Sue

My weight. Ever since covid I've put weight on to the point now where although I love CD, I feel ugly and ridiculous, can't stop though, already planning my outfit for tonight.

The fact that it's even called "crossdressing". Can't it be just, dressing. I am most at peace when I am home alone, with my bra, panties, and slip. And knowing that I have pretty much zero chance of getting "caught".

Whaat annoys you about CD?

Right mindset wrong body....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    Clothing sizes ...
    But the absolute most annoying is having to take it off and go back to drab 😣
    The point you most notice it is changing from heels to flat shoes. Also, that nice sensation of wearing hoisery is a big miss once you take off stockings or tights / pantyhose.

You think "Ugh!!!"

Sue

When the pink fog disappears and I am not in the state of mind to do much of anything. I have an appointment for a pedicure on Tuesday and may cancel it.
    Crissy

Crissy,

Don't do it! (cancel) You know you will be upset that you cancelled it. Your wife does not care, go for it!!!!
    You know that you will love having it done.

I have mine on Friday!!

Davina

Not being able to find a strapless bra in my size.

Pantyhose. Hate them. Give me stockings and suspenders anytime.

Blonde hairs, so no Laser.

My tiny lips. Hard to make look good in lipstick.

Being too tall, it is impossible to find clothes and shoes for me in my country. I can wear only those things I could find in stores of recycled clothes from the US (probably from Goodwill or such), and from many years ago (out of style).

I love the transformation. I hate going back.

The association with lying and relationships falling apart.

removing make up, and having to change back

The only thing I don?t like about coding is rude sales associates, they are still out there

wigs in the summer, we need new wig technology. the head cooling summer wig! much needed. sometimes sizing as i have a longish torso but other than that and the wig issue im good.

You mean other than not doing it all the time?

Shoe sizes. I can never find a cute pair of shoes in my size. I usually need to cram my feet in a slightly smaller shoe.

The cost. Some items cost so much money! I wish I were rich or had a sugar daddy to buy me all the cute things I like 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    • Never enough time
    • The lack of selection of shoes above size 10
    • Nail polish takes forever to dry
    • The learning curve.... but that's half the fun
    • The constant battle with hair removal
    • Never quite sure of the wife's level of acceptance
    All that!