Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whaat annoys you about CD?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Bras! Uncomfortable and cause skin irritation!
    Fortunately, because of my prosthesis I practically never have to wear them anymore!

Donna, switch to tites. They last a lot longer!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Today while driving around, I mentioned this thread to my wife. She said "What annoys me most about crossdressing is that not enough people accept it."

I think I'll marry her! Oh wait...

Platinum Member
    Annoyances are the least of my concerns. I think of biting flies as annoyances. I find that my situation after decades of shame, guilt, deceit and denial to be far more than a mere annoyance.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna , I have been in this program for 74 years now and I am pretty happy just having the best of both worlds.

Shoes,I have 160 + pairs and i am happy with probably 98% of them, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sizing in general. Shoe sizes im a consistent 9.5, but anything "control" is a crap shoot. I quit trying to find cinchers or girdles. They are too loose or *DEEP INHALE* way too tight.

I bought a sleeveless vest 2 weeks ago, per the sellers size chart and suggested size I was a small. It barely buttoned up without forms. Returned it (first Amazon return) and gauged the amount needed to button it up and went for a large.. Fit like a champ. My wife said "yeah sizing is always inconsistent.."

Lack of pockets... For even small things.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Everything about eyeliner and I am math challenged so struggle with size differences. I can barely find male clothes that fit well consistently. Converting a male size that doesn?t fit to female in my head while browsing the racks results in clothing that has two strikes against finding a good fit.

• Never enough time
    • The lack of selection of shoes above size 10
    • Nail polish takes forever to dry
    • The learning curve.... but that's half the fun
    • The constant battle with hair removal
    • Never quite sure of the wife's level of acceptance
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I’ll go with hiding it .... I have open minded daughters but my wife isn’t ready for them to know...
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Platinum Member
    As far as female attires goes, it is the shoes. IMHO, sizing is difficult in part because of the material the shoes are made of; man made. Unlike my guy shoes that have laces that can draw the shoe to the foot my female shoes all are slip-on shoes. I have to wear shoes that have a boxy toe box. Pointy shoes squeeze the toes. Since I wear a 12W or 13 having a pointy toe just makes the foot look longer than it really is. The entire shoe wearing process reminds me of "curing" my baseball gloves in my youth. It took forever to oil the gloves and break down the cow hide to being a comfortable fit. It cannot be done with man-made materials.

Dress sizes and styles are a disaster. Guy sizes are usually what you see for one manufacturer is what you see for the next one. Women? A numerical size seems to be whatever someone wants to put on a label. Vanity sizing. Put size 2 on a dress from "tent city" and everyone is happy! "See, I wear a size 2!" Alphabetical sizing is the same way. As a tall man it was a shirt tucked into a pair of pants. No sweat. A dress? I cannot wear certain styles, i.e., having a defined waistline because those dresses look like an old man wearing his belt line up at his nipple line. It's empire waists, sheaths and wraps for me. It takes me about five minutes to get en femme as long as I have everything laid out on the bed.

Makeup? I ditched makeup for in-home use a long time ago. Too long to apply, too long to remove. I use to do all the facial makeup and fingernails (fake or natural). I will apply lip gloss/lipstick as that is easy to remove and I like the look of the lip outline on my coffee cup. Other than that, it's stay away from mirrors.

Of course, being in a DADT marriage is a real drag. It would be nice to be able to hang my dresses in a closet and store my undergarments and hosiery in a draw. Maybe, it will work out better in the next lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianne_M View Post
    I bought a sleeveless vest 2 weeks ago, per the sellers size chart and suggested size I was a small. It barely buttoned up without forms. Returned it (first Amazon return) and gauged the amount needed to button it up and went for a large.. Fit like a champ. My wife said "yeah sizing is always inconsistent.."
    eBay and Amazon sizing is crazy! I buy some from either and the well know USA brands are fairly consistent, but buy something that comes out of China and all bets are off. Even after reading the size charts it can be a crap shoot.

I get a kick out of it when they add the standard US women's size along with their measurements. I generally wear a size 16 and will see charts with a 16 with a 36" bust and anywhere up to around 42" bust. Waist sizes are way crazy too. I generally follow the measurements and give the sizes listed kind of a sideways glance and it has worked out.

Or you see something listed by small through XXL or larger. Now generally a 16 will match up to an XL, but often the 4XL and even 5XL is too small.

What annoys me?
    The fact that i can't, nor will ever be able to stop doing it.

Much as i enjoy it at the time...

The fact that I hate being CD and yet I am slave to it.

Karen Sue

Shoes. Shoes. Shoes. Finding something cute or sexy in a 13w is like the Quest for the Holy Grail, with fewer laughs. Whenever I meet a tall GG, I just want to burst out, "Where do you buy your shoes?" That, however, would probably be bad form so I don't.

1. Not enough times to do it.
    2. Far many more outfits than places to wear them.

Top and bottom--wig and shoes--are my problem. Wigs can be hot, and don't always stay on right. Shoes... well, open-toed sandals are fine, but anything with a closed toe and a high enough heel squeezes the nail on my right big toe especially. I guess I have an incipient ingrown toenail there. It's not a problem with flat shoes, but most shoes with a high heel I can't wear comfortably for long. Trying one shoe after another, I've accumulated a closet full of "torture shoes."

The fact that I was born with a male body thus making crossdressing a necessity for me if I want to feel right.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 05-29-2021 at 03:29 PM.

The fact that - no matter what I wear, no matter how much makeup I use, wig, falsies, etc. - no matter what I try - I still see "him" (my male-ness) in the mirror.

It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    The fact that I hate being CD and yet I am slave to it.
    Wow! Sorry to hear you feel that way! I don't hate it, I love CD'ing. It gives me great pleasure. I just wish I was better doing it!

Yeah, shoes. The previous posters have said it all.

Exactly what Judy Somthing says...
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Forgot to mention another annoyance. It's nylons, sheer to waist and thigh highs, they very seldom are tall enough. The vendors had width ok, but not length. Some decent brands like no nonsense don't make long enough ones. Hose are a struggle and thighs are almost impossible as almost all come just above knees and not mid thigh.

To other posters, $100 nylons that give the sumo wrestler look are not female enough, and tights are great but just for winter, as too warm for other seasons.

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:11 PM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    The short shop life of clothes. When I find a really nice and comfortable dress and decide, a month later, to get another it's gone. The same is true with shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    This is something my wife likes about me crossdressing. I know it to be true that if you find something in women's clothes that is perfect, either you buy it right then or forget it ever existed. You will never find it again. So, when she finds something like that which looks smashing on her, fits perfect, what have you, I always encourage her to buy it. She sometimes feels guilty about spending too much on clothes, but my encouragement gets her past that.

10+ years ago, I found a gorgeous pair of lace fabric heels at DSW in my size. I fell in love with them. Later, I finally decided to break down and spend the ~$90 for them but when I went back...they were gone. I've been looking for something similar since without look. There are some which are nice, but just not quite these heels. <sigh>
    Please put me down on this list, as well!

Totally frustrating. What is up with this "one-&-done" mentality?

I'm not well-versed in the apparel/footwear industry, but from a business perspective, something tells me that if you have something good going on, then keep doing it! IOW, something that people want & is selling pretty well, and is decent styling/quality? Don't change a thing!
    And yet, they typically do, anyway.

Oh, I've learned my lesson. Like Julie's wife, I, too, sometimes feel guilty about spending too much. But I also understand that it's probably now or never. Heck, if it's something simple & versatile, yet inexpensive enough, like a basic top that's perfect in every way? I'll buy multiples -- including multiples of various colors/patterns, if possible!

*Sometimes* you can find some in stock somewhere online, whether a traditional retailer or an independent seller on eBay. Like, months or even years down the road. And yes, if available? I'll buy multiples again. No, I don't have a hoarding problem, I swear!

It really is crazy, though.
    What makes it even worse, is that many GG's already understand all this. And things can get pretty competitive!

I have gotten pretty use to all of the above but, I agree...at times so many thing can be aggravating especially being in the closet with family and friends.
    I do miss not having my own curly long girl styled cut of hair, the Navy sure put an end to me having long hair again.
    And like Julie, changing back into husband mode is the worst downer bestowed on us.
    I miss my boudoir with my vanity, lingerie chest, and wall mound jewelry case.
    I had ALL that when I was a bachelorette and living 24/7 as Candice, it is hard to think about that today but it was a tradeoff I was willing to make to be loved and happy in other ways.
    I use to be able to keep my fuzzy slippers and satin robe by my bedside, my dresses hung up in a walk in closet, and my collection of perfume bottles on my dresser.
    Today I have to pull down my fake duct work in the false ceiling of my attic office to restock my grab-n go bag.
    Not having a boudoir, I have to say, is the most annoying about it all...
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    The fact that - no matter what I wear, no matter how much makeup I use, wig, falsies, etc. - no matter what I try - I still see "him" (my male-ness) in the mirror.

It sucks.
    I certainly understand your frustration. I just stopped looking in mirrors and I'm much happier for it. For me, it's the swish of my skirt, the sound of my heels, the feel of my earrings and wig on my neck... looking down at my breasts in a pretty, lacey bra and the imprint of my lipstick on my wine glass or coffee mug.
    I simply refuse to allow a look in the mirror to detract from my enjoyment. For me, dressing is entirely about how I feel and not how I look. I refuse to be governed by an impossible standard. It is very liberating and has increased my enjoyment immensely.
    I certainly appreciate the fact that there is no "one size fits all" solution, we're all different. That being said, we're largely alike as well so maybe a change in expectations will work for you as it did for me!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard