Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first time out in public

Congratulations BrandyBea. I don't often comment posts like yours out of fear that my wife would think I want to do the same (I don't), but I am each time very admirative of you people who have the guts to do it for the first time. This time I warned my wife that I would comment

Call me a cab...ernet!
    Thanks for that Diane!

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandy Bea , That was a great experience, The Journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step,

>>>>> >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That is a really cute outfit too. Congratulations on you outing! What fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MsEva View Post
    BTW you look really cute. Sort of look like the girl from Big Bang Theory.
    Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz!! I was thinking the exact same thing! Could be her stunt double!!

https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wik...owski-Wolowitz
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-29-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    Thank you Eva!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

thank you Karen?I have been told that a few times before?I appreciate the link to get a look at my younger twin!

You look great and you should be very proud of yourself, I'm sure that took a lot of courage and I could only dream of accomplishing what you did. Looking forward to more outting stories

Quote Originally Posted by Brandybea View Post
    thank you Karen?I have been told that a few times before?I appreciate the link to get a look at my younger twin!
    I love her character! You need to nail her high pitched squeaky voice! Lol. You could be a YouTube sensation!

Your story totally reminds me of the first time I went out in public. I had rented a hotel room, and I stood at the door for what seemed like an eternity.

I went out to the lobby where they had the "quick breakfast" set up, and grabbed myself a coffee. I was so nervous and shaky that I ended up spilling some of the coffee on the ground!! It got a lot easier over time, though... I my heart rate doesn't go up even a little bit anymore. I know that I get clocked everywhere I go, but it just doesn't matter.

Here's to many fun times in the future...

~Sara

Brandy, Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thank you for sharing your first time out with us Brandy. Sounds like a wonderful experience and time of your life! Paula feels good and happy for you! Hugs!
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Hi neighbor, or maybe fellow flatlander from the prairie state, guess I am a little late to your thread.
    I too congratulate you for taking that "Leap of Faith" and educating yourself enough to understand this side of being feminine.
    I think you look great for a lady of our age and figured you might want another friend so I sent you a friends request.
    Now that you have that notch in your belt, can going out to a piano bar be a next step in affirming your feminine desires?
    Only time will tell....enjoy these days, take plenty of photos and keep making those memories!!!!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Call me a cab...ernet!
    Candice: Thank you so much for the friend request..Of course I accepted! Nice to meet a neighbor. I’ll keep moving forward when the opportunity arrives. I think next will be a nice dinner somewhere. I travel a good deal so who knows what opportunities will arise!

EVERYONE says the same thing, "What was I afraid of?"

I am continually amazed at the experiences I have while out in the world as a woman.
    When I started going out into the world as a woman I was happy not to scare small children and animals. I travel all over the U.S. for business and use this time to go out and about in the world. I dress in business clothes and appear slightly better dressed then most women. I feel it?s important to blend in and not stick out and to dress age appropriate. I never thought that I could go to malls, get makeovers at MAC, visit the doctor, dine out, and enjoy museums. Over the years I?ve lost weight, improved my wardrobe, and developed my makeup skills. Today I am happy with my presentation as a woman. But even in my early days I?ve never had a problem with the public.

Self acceptance is the big hurdle. I went out a few times back in the 90?s and always felt like I was doing something wrong. Today I truly don?t care if I am read. I feel like a woman when I am out and about. The confidence builds, and helps you become more accustom to your role as a woman in public. What happens next is a slow evolution into womanhood the more you go out as a woman the more you want to go out as woman. With this your presentation improves.

It dawned on me one day and I wrote this statement a manifesto of self acceptance: I am 50 years old. I am hard working and have a successful career. I am financially successful, I am a dedicated husband and father. I give back to my community and I am active in my church. I strive to be caring, kind, and thoughtful. I don?t drink or abuse drugs. I am honest and trustworthy. This is a part of my personality that has caused me shame and anxiety for years. There are medical and biological reasons for this. It doesn?t make me an awful person, it means I?m different. I won?t feel bad about myself anymore.

Silver Member
    Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. You look mahvellous, darling. If I could look as good as you, I would never hesitate to dress up for going out. But now that the first outing is complete and you found that no attacks or insults were hurled at you, you should feel more relaxed about the next time. It gets easier and more fun every time you go, and your confidence gets a boost each time, too.

I'm glad you had a good interaction with sales lady Noreen. I'll tell you a little secret about her, providing you never tell anyone else in this forum. She's the rule, not the exception. In my experience, ALL sales associates in shops like that ENJOY helping people like you and me, not merely tolerate us. I think it's partly because of the joy and appreciation we show from the experience of finding our authentic selves. I hope you make that same discovery, too.

Aspiring Member
    You look great and very passable so don?t worry about it. It is such a rush to be out as a woman and enjoy shopping, especially for lingerie and undergarments. Now that you have made that first step there will be many more!
    Michellecd9999