Thread: "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." - Babe Ruth

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." - Babe Ruth

At one time, I went through the agonizing ordeal of convincing myself to go out in public dressed. When I finally got up the courage to try, the world didn't end, the locals didn't rush at me with pitchforks, I did not encounter a gauntlet of people pointing, staring and laughing. In other words, none of the frightening things that I had imagined happened, and it became easier each time I subsequently went out. I thought of how often someone else here has written about that same fear when I saw this quote this morning. It seemed appropriate.
    "Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not." -Virgil Thomson

Excellent thoughts. I went out of my way to pick a more remote location to avoid close contact with people. I don't know when I might be ready for that. My feelings afterward are a partial of each of the three steps: I'm less fearful, more aware of how to do it, and definitely liked it as far as it went.

Awesome you did it!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    "Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not." -Virgil Thomson
    For me it didn't take three times, it took about 3 hours.

I went to a shopping mall, had a makeover in public, and tried on dresses at Nordstrom.

That was after getting my nails done by an enthusiastic nail tech, had a great MUA at Sephora (who I have talked to occasionally since), and made a friend at Nordstrom who recently attended a ballgame with me while I was dressed.

No torches and pitchforks. Rather, acceptance and smiles.

But don't trust us. Go find out for yourself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gracie Rose, You are out there and there's no turning back now, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Funny but my great uncle played with Babe Ruth in Brooklyn... when they were the Robins. I do not think he crossdressed... but he was a hell of a ball player!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This is all fine for trans who not only wish to present, but to live, as women.

But, I'm a CD. So, when I dress it's big deal for me. I don't throw on a few things, try to blend and not be noticed when I go out. I want to look good, be proud, and be noticed!

That being said, when I go out to vanilla venues, I go for a purpose other than dressing. I go to shop, eat, site see, etc., etc. All of which is made more difficult, stressful, and time wasting if I'm dressed. Especially if I look sexy which attracts extra attention.

When I go out fully dressed, I go to T friendly venues where having fun, socializing, and attracting attention is the whole point of going out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Each time you take a step out of your comfort zone your confidence level increases. So glad you had a good experience. Congrats!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I wore my 2 inch block heel snakeskin pumps to work today. I paired it with light grey pants and a floral top.

Marion

Platinum Member
    Due to my height (6 foot) and weight (200) mingling among the masses is not within my comfort zone. I do go for drives and evening strolls in a very safe residential neighborhood on the other end of my small city. Decades ago, when I was about 175 and not so aged, I did make an effort to mingle. It was not much. On Halloween buying donuts at a Winchell's and soda/pop at a Safeway. I wore dresses and heels that any woman would wear out to dinner. It was wig, full makeup and nail polish. I sort of got it out of my system. I do shy away from doing it often as there always can be unintended consequences, not limited to me.

GracieRose, Nice quote. The first time out is the hardest.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".