Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally know why I am this way.

Very interesting read. Quick UK test puts me at 21/30, just into the severe category, suggests seeing a GP asap.

However I think these online surveys are a bit generic, I also scored high with depression test and bipolar, at that I stopped taking them.

I imagine you full assesment was a lot more vigorous.

hello all,
    I have often wondered if there is a link between left handedness (right brained being more feminine and intuitive, allegedly), dyslexia and dyspraxia, and cross dressing?
    any thoughts?
    stay healthy!
    luv J

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    The happiest CDs in this forum seem to be those who don't waste time analyzing why they have their desires. They just make peace with it and do as they desire. I can come up with many theories about my own situation, including the possibility of undiagnosed autism. But it would just interfere with my enjoyment of putting on that sexy little skirt and selecting all the pieces to go with it.

On the other hand, I used to wonder and theorize as you do now, so I know it's a phase we all go through. With luck, you can soon get yourself through it and allow yourself to enjoy the freedom.
    I am one of those people who analyze everything. To make peace with myself over the why's and wherefores has been an on going issue. This is one huge sigh of relief for me, I'm not crazy, just different. All of the clothes have had strong lean to the tactile side of things. My love of all things nylon, skirts, lingerie makes sense. I don't do the whole nine yards, it has to do with the feel for the most part. This whole diagnosis has caused a real freedom within me, not to mention my wife. Her acceptance level has increased as she has a deeper understanding of who I am on the inside.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 06-03-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I used to wonder about having Aspergers until I discovered Schizoid Personality "Disorder." Aspergers and SPD share some common characteristics such as be perceived as odd or eccentric by the muggles. I solve that problem by avoiding them as much as possible. That might be one of the main differences. The Aspies I've known and worked with were generally social and friendly. I'm not. I've never been diagnosed with SPD specifically but it wouldn't matter much to me what some doctor said since they are usually wrong in my experience. SPD and autogynephilia seem compatible but not necessarily a cause/effect relationship.

This is super interesting--thank you Gillian!

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello all,
    I have often wondered if there is a link between left handedness (right brained being more feminine and intuitive, allegedly), dyslexia and dyspraxia, and cross dressing?
    any thoughts?
    stay healthy!
    luv J
    Being left handed ,I have always wondered if there is a connection. As for the Asperger's test , I took the test from the link as was found to be somewhat on the scale.

Happy for you, Gillian!

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    The happiest CDs in this forum seem to be those who don't waste time analyzing why they have their desires. They just make peace with it and do as they desire.

I am happy with my dressing, more so with my wife accepting. I don't spend much time evaluating why, I just recognize that I like too and it gives me comfort. But I still wonder why I feel "that way" at different times. I get anxious in groups and don't like things out of my normal. I am retired now, but even walking into work in the morning had me on pins and needles. I am not sure that dressing has anything to do with Asperger's, but perhaps there is some connection. I would think you can want to cross dress and not have Asperger's, and have Asperger's and not want to cross dress.

On the other hand I don't feel I need to know for certain if I have some mental or medical issue. For me just acknowledging I have issues is good enough for me. At the most it is a curiosity. I find it may be interesting to know, but I probably with never go see a professional.

This thread highlights what I consider to be the most important function of this wonderful website - it serves as a platform for informing and enlightening people like you and me, who arrived here with lots of questions.

Thank you, Gillian, for this post. It has probably relieved the minds of many more people than have answered your OP. Sharing is caring. Good on you!

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I match many of the symptoms of it. I have a learning disability, technically called an intellectual disability. The analysis thing is true, I like to follow the pick 3 lottery, and see patterns and I just don't have enough brain power to match 3 numbers, I often get 2 out of 3 right though.

Gillian, Thank you for posting this! I took an on-line test and scored low (17 out of 50). However, I definitely do not follow in other's tracks and tend to be different, sometimes just for the sake of being different. I was a late in life baby for my parents, and as such my next older siblings were 10 years older than me, so I was almost an "only" child. I suspect this may have contributed to my independent nature. I spent alot of time with my older sister, which I imagine influenced my behavior later on, in particular my interest in women's clothes and how it would feel to be dress-up like my sister. I'm not left handed, so that character trait does not fit me. All things considered, I don't know that I would change anything about me or my behavior, but it is interesting to understand why.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I am a bit "Aspergery" myself. I don't blame my CD on it though. being a writer, musician, artist and scientist and a wide variety of other skills are advantages of the condition. My CD is a way to "take a vacation from myself" be someone else and totally relax and unwind.

My oldest son is also "Aspergery"! He's in his late 30'snow. He's one of the smartest people I've known in my life so I fully understand why you have so many talents yourself. I also think that you're a beautiful woman.
    Peace and Love

I have been told that i have aspergers- i think i do also- i was always a very different kind of person- very non-mainstream- i first started experimenting with CD since 14 years old. I sometimes try to just go with what whats "normal" and try to find a girl. but i always realize the normal route a normal person would take is not my route or path. I am most comfortable with just appearing as male and only CD occasionally, but since i always shave my body and have a large wardrobe of women's clothes etc.. it makes you realize you cant just go and do what the rest of society does.

Jenn,
    The question to me now at this point in my life what the hell is normal. I'm so tired of what someone else trying to tell me to conform to what they think is appropriate. I've even come across it on this site. I've played the game of what society and religions say I should do. You're a beautiful woman and a beautiful human being. My son suffered as a child not fitting in because of his Asperger's and now as an adult he's finding his own path too. Live the way you feel most comfortable and screw what anyone else thinks. I know this isn't always possible. Just keep loving yourself.
    Peace and Love
    Missy

My wife would agree with you even without considering CDing. Like most things some of it fits some of it doesn't. I like my psychiatrist in that he's not to interested in labels so much as tool boxes. Whether or not i really fit the text book definition of any particular disorder if some of it fits maybe some of the tools to help will too. Do what works. Don't get too hung up on a particular labels.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

until I read up on Asperger's syndrome I never knew I had the problem. I do strongly lock down on an interest. I have trouble communicating with people face to face. I can not translate unspoken body signs and try to guide the conversation into my "safe" zone/subjects. I am excessive about "western Square Dancing", trains and model railroading, art, and Photography. I am not a expert in any of my interests.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Really interesting. I find that your core description really resonates for me, and describes very well my path. However, Aspergers has never occurred to me. Food for thought.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!