Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible for a CD'er to go 100% GG wardrobe?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Is it possible for a CD'er to go 100% GG wardrobe?

Like, absolutely *zero* men's apparel & footwear?

And that means no borrowing, no buying/wearing anything temporarily, no "emergency" stash, nothing for weddings/funerals, whatever.

100% of your wardrobe from the women's side of the aisle... 100% of the time... For the rest of your life.

Is it possible?

I suppose we're at all different points & stations in our lives, perhaps making this easier for some compared to others.

I also suppose it could be doable, if you wanted/needed to "butch it up" by wearing some very unisex-looking things from the women's department, such as basic jeans, tees, hoodies, footwear, etc.

Are any of you close to this? Are any of you there now?

And is this a possible "goal" or challenge or desire for you?

TIA for responding!

Ellbee anything is possible, like you said "we're at all different points & stations in our lives". For me my Jill wardrobe rivals my male wardrobe, which means i have more than enough male clothes and not near enough Jill clothes. Although your question may work and work well for some of us, for me I like being in both worlds and butched up women's clothes would not translate for me.
    Jill

As a lifelong cross dresser, who may be "more than just a crossdresser", but who has no plans of transitioning, I can see the attraction of it on a fantasy level, but I don't really see the value of it in a practical way.

Why add more inconvenience to an already inconvenient situation?
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

This is just me I am actually 90% or more strictly female wardrobe. I can?t speak for others on here. I have maybe 5 pair of men?s pants mostly sweatpants and about the same in shirts 2 dress shirts long sleeve and 3 t-shirts no men?s socks or underwear period. I?ve been this way for around the last 9 months. So I?m well on my way to dressing 24/7. I?ve had no problems whatsoever from anyone and so far haven?t had one comment negative as of yet. I go shopping do my business and go home. I think much of it is definitely bravery and just keeping myself straight to the point of not looking around to see who?s looking or not. I do what I need to do and go on from there. If I get any negative remarks or otherwise I?ll let you all know.

Platinum Member
    "And is this a possible "goal" or challenge or desire for you?"

Not a chance in hell! Whatever drives me to wear women's attire has absolutely nothing to do with women's jeans or anything co-opting male attire. It's dresses, hosiery and heels, and, all the proper undergarments for me. My beautiful granddaughter routinely over the years has raided my closet and made off with my flannel shirts. She buys jeans in young men's size because those jeans fit better and cost less. Her mindset and mannerisms are still definitely feminine. She maybe wearing men's attire, but, is she really trying to emulate a man? It's more than the clothes (for me). Decades ago my daughter and wife also bought men's jeans because they had pockets. My daughter also bought men's shoes because women's shoes at the time were over priced and cheaply made. No attempt or thought processes to emulate a man. Unisex just does not cut it for me.

Anything is possible, but not all things are probable.

My clothing is 90% female, but since there are family and friends who are unaware there are occasions when that 10% is a necessary evil.
    You mentioned weddings and funerals and those are the most likely events that come to mind. On a day to day basis I wear my feminine things almost exclusively.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Yeah, anything is possible. I suppose one could select some very androgynous outfits. Jeans and sweaters...that sort of thing. I recall going to a Christmas party wearing 100% girl clothing, except for my shoes. I doubt that anyone could distinguish my ivory turtleneck and corduroy slacks from any others.

But really, if you are going to go 100% obviously female attire, I think that an ambiguous boundary has been crossed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, I thought I was a CD but I am a woman! They are my clothes but come from the female side! I have a few male items but they never get worn anymore except for 2-4 unisex shirts! Just got rid (to S/A) of my last men's shoes! I still have the suit my son bought me for his wedding although the shoes went with the other shoes! Mostly memory stuff! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Kim, I saw your avatar and wanted to cry!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    My clothing is 90% female, but since there are family and friends who are unaware there are occasions when that 10% is a necessary evil. You mentioned weddings and funerals and those are the most likely events that come to mind.
    So, what you're saying, then, is that you don't want something like this to happen...?

(Give it a minute or so to warm up.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MNITrHu9E

That is my ultimate dream

Of course it's possible, but at that point the labels start to fail. Are you really "just a crossdresser" at that point? I'd say "not", but absent any other qualification, I'd also say you're not TS either.
    Assuming that there's something deeper in your question about someone who purges their male wardrobe, what is it you are really pondering?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

The way I see it if a person is dressing as a woman 24/7 365 they might consider seeing a therapist to find out if there is more involved. When I think of crossdressering the word cross indicates that a person has to have something to cross back and forth from.

I'm seeing the therapist..... I am in a waiting period......
    Last edited by Lisa516; 05-31-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Assuming that there's something deeper in your question about someone who purges their male wardrobe, what is it you are really pondering?
    Well, I spent the better part of the past 2 days fully dolled-up.

And during that time? Yeah, certain things -- perhaps even bizarre things -- can go through a guy's mind.

Please try not to read too much into the OP. It's a genuinely curious question, is all.

Just some of the random thoughts & observations that may have led up to this...?

- For the past several years now, the overwhelming majority of my CD'ing has been in "guy-mode." Meaning, I'm presenting a guy. Publicly or behind closed doors. IOW? I'm mainly a version of a MIAD. Or maybe just a lazy CD'ing purist who can't be bothered with all the extra "nonsense"?

- As such, my clothing & footwear choices/purchases fall into 2 categories: Would I wear this all dolled-up? Or in guy-mode? (Technically the latter can & does fall into the former.) IOW, not everything is all pink & floral & frilly. There's a ton of GG-stuff out there that's pretty basic & non-descript -- or at least relatively closer to that.

- Plenty of CD'ers here, myself included, have shared how they wear GG-stuff out in public, while in guy-mode. Jeans & tees seem to be a biggie. (Personally, I'm more of a leggings-&-hoodie type.) Can we successfully "fly under the radar"? Well, we at least like to think so, LOL. Heck, earlier today I selectively ordered a pair of women's sandals, with intention of wearing them in public while in guy-mode. They're arguably a bit on the femmy side... But I don't mind trying to push that envelope.

- If not a full-on outfit from the GG-department? I also sometimes mix & match men's & women's clothes. It can be done in style, for sure. Heck, plenty of GG's do this, too. The point being? There's definitely some overlap there. This is not a black-or-white type deal.

- At least one GG here has repeatedly mentioned how there's plenty of "unisex" clothing over in the women's side of the aisle. I tend to agree with her. However, even then, one has to be mindful of the cut, style, fit, fabric, whatever... As a keen-enough eye (typically a GG's) may be able to pick that out, should she happen to even quickly glance at what you're wearing. But the selection is certainly available for something like this.

- Finally, there's an attractive young person on Twitch who goes by the handle "F1NN5TER" -- you may have heard of them here or elsewhere. Originally a gamer, but since moved onto bigger & better things to finally gain his fame (and fortune): Getting viewers to donate money to him so he can transform into his convincing female form, as live-stream entertainment. Included in these donation goals, is "Girl Month"... Meaning, he has to present female, online & offline, for a month at a time. Anyway, last I knew, he made so much money that he was "forced" to lock up all his guy-clothes for like 6 months or something. (He pretends he hates it -- but his viewers know he secretly doesn't. )

Anyway, just a few things leading up to the OP.

Is it possible to purge all your men's things, going 100% GG-wardrobe? I believe under the right circumstances, it could be. Having few family & friends, or even simply accepting ones, may help. Perhaps someone who's retired may also have an easier time? Things of that nature.

Of course, clothing/footwear selection could be important, as well. See some of the above. Hey, don't want to wear a dress in guy-mode in public? Can't say I don't blame them. But that doesn't mean they couldn't/wouldn't go a bit more "butch" while out in public, saving the skirts/dresses/whatever for behind closed doors.

I also think the right mentality is needed for this. Metaphorically speaking? Some people enjoy walking as close as possible to the edge of a high cliff -- without falling off, that is.

(As an aside, plenty others will happily stand behind the safety of the guardrail -- while a select few daredevils will jump off with a parachute strapped to their back.)

This is simply taking CD'ing to a version of the extreme, is all. Not so much regarding intensity (i.e., getting dressed-to-the-nines for, say, a few hours) -- but more of duration.

The never-ending crossdressing session, if you will.

I couldn't and wouldn't want to because of the need for tough clothing for work. I wouldn't want to go full time as I only crossdress in dresses or skirts and all other wear associated with that. I much prefer man clothes during the day and then have a change over when work ends. I don't have cd sessions as I do this every day and thoroughly enjoy it.

It is not only possible, but quite practical, as I have a XS hourglass figure!
    Last year I switched to women's shorts. This year I 'm switching to women's dress pants to wear to work. Van Heusen size 0 fits great. I didn't have to shorten the inseam.
    Gaining a few inches wearing heels is useful benefit when you are as short as I am.

When I did a lot of vacation traveling I learned that if I needed something like a cheap jacket, I could find something to wear in the clearance rack at Walmart.

A decade ago I tossed my male blazers and replaced them with a women's sized 4P.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 05-31-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Silver Member
    I wear women's clothes virtually all the time. I have some men's clothes that I will continue to keep for events that I don't want to make them about me. While I have a couple women's swim suits I don't wear them in public. Neighbors have seen me and our friends know I CD. I went to town today wearing women's jeans, thin tee, and sandals. The other day I wore a blouse with jeans.

I have gone on trips for up to a week with no male clothing items or accessories in my luggage but without coming out to the world I couldn't pull it off 24/7/365

Ellbee
    The video was cute and I'm sure many of us have had thoughts of a situation like that.
    But no, that's not exactly what I meant.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

With my body type, probably couldn't. Wish I could. I feel perfectly fine browsing the women's section of Walmart or another store, but feel very awkward looking for something in the men's section. Weird, huh? (Maybe, maybe not).

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    Like, absolutely *zero* men's apparel & footwear?

And that means no borrowing, no buying/wearing anything temporarily, no "emergency" stash, nothing for weddings/funerals, whatever.

100% of your wardrobe from the women's side of the aisle... 100% of the time... For the rest of your life.

Is it possible?

I suppose we're at all different points & stations in our lives, perhaps making this easier for some compared to others.

I also suppose it could be doable, if you wanted/needed to "butch it up" by wearing some very unisex-looking things from the women's department, such as basic jeans, tees, hoodies, footwear, etc.

Are any of you close to this? Are any of you there now?

And is this a possible "goal" or challenge or desire for you?

TIA for responding!
    Yes, very possible and do-able. You just need to conquer your fears.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

um...been doin it for over 20 years. Its not that hard really. Just stay away from bright colors.

hello Ellbee,
    of course it is possible. What is there to stop us but our own fears and Society's norms?
    stay healthy, luv J

I've been wearing women's draw string shorts, tank tops and canvas slip on's since Spring.

Silver Member
    I'm almost there, except for while I'm working at my dirty hands, skilled trade job. On my way to work and home again, I'm in a skirt and heels. Same thing at home. My wife hasn't seen me wearing men's clothes in literally months. She won't go out in public with me while I'm in a skirt, so to respect her wishes I tone it down slightly by wearing yoga pants and wedges with a feminine top. I wear only panties; I threw out all of my men's underwear years ago. Even with all of this, I make no effort to pass as a woman. No makeup, no boobs, no wig, no voice alteration. I am a MIAD trying to demonstrate that a man can look good in a carefully chosen dress or skirt. And from the compliments I get from random women in public, I am succeeding.