Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyswillbegirls.com - opinions for a nervous first timer?

Boyswillbegirls.com - opinions for a nervous first timer?

Hi all,

Well, I've only fully embraced my dressing again for the last couple of months, after having seriously purged about 4 years ago.

But now, I'm getting into it deeper than I (Or my credit card) ever imagined!

So, I now really, desperately want a professional makeover, top to toe, the full works! And after the terrible last year we've all had, I think I deserve a treat.

But I need some of you lovely ladies advice on whether the place I've been considering is a good one for an incredibly nervous first timer!

The place I'm considering is https://boyswillbegirls.com/

I've read the reviews, watched their youtube videos, and everything looks amazing!

I actually live in the NW of England, near to Liverpool, so I'd be travelling down, and staying in London for a couple of nights.

But, before I take the plunge, I'd like to hear any opinions anyone has, especially as I'm so nervous about doing it!

Any help or opinions gratefully received!
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

Hi Gilly

I know there are places closer to you than having to go to London.

The only one I would personally avoid is transformation in Manchester.

This due to the fact they do seem to have a bad name around in the Transgender community
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Gilly. I say go for it! I'm not in England at all, of course but I did click the link and read a little on that website..... Seeing as how they're very discreet and non-judgmental, (as they should be), and also they don't know who you are, then it seems to me like you have little-to-nothing to be afraid of by allowing that service to give you a makeover. Also if you decided to do it, make sure you post pics here and I hope you have a wonderful experience with it!

I wish there was something like that close to where I live. I live in Mississippi, in the southern US and I'd have to travel to somewhere like New York for any sort of service like that..... *Sighs* Oh, well. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Hi Gilly

I know there are places closer to you than having to go to London.

The only one I would personally avoid is transformation in Manchester.

This due to the fact they do seem to have a bad name around in the Transgender community
    Hi Shelly. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of going to London, and staying overnight to make it more an occasion for myself, as it's my first time! And to be honest, it's easy to keep it from my family if I just say I'm going for a couple of days sight-seeing in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A. View Post
    Hi, Gilly. I say go for it! I'm not in England at all, of course but I did click the link and read a little on that website..... Seeing as how they're very discreet and non-judgmental, (as they should be), and also they don't know who you are, then it seems to me like you have little-to-nothing to be afraid of by allowing that service to give you a makeover. Also if you decided to do it, make sure you post pics here and I hope you have a wonderful experience with it!

I wish there was something like that close to where I live. I live in Mississippi, in the southern US and I'd have to travel to somewhere like New York for any sort of service like that..... *Sighs* Oh, well. LOL
    Thanks for the encouraging words Kimberley! I am definitely going to go for it, and I will for sure post some pics! Your country is so huge! I thought going 200 miles to London is really travelling, but you're talking thousands of miles aren't you?

Sorry, no advice to offer, except that I do like the name. Straight out of "Lola"!

So it is! thought it was familiar, but didn't connect it.

I suppose The Kinks are a London band, so it kind of is appopriate!

Hi Gilly,

Not trying to influence your decision, just wanted to make sure you were aware of The Boudoir and gave them due consideration.

https://theboudoironline.com/

Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

No, that's great Michelle, thanks very much! I'll take a look.

If you just want a makeover, I strongly suggest Sephora (assuming they are doing them again). It costs $50 (US), but you will likely spend that much (actually a lot more) in makeup. They are TG friendly and the times I've gone (three times) I couldn’t have been treated better. The MUA at my second makeover taught me how to do makeup, which has given me lots of confidence.

There is likely a Sephora near you. I suggest giving them a call.

We don;t have any Sephora shops in the UK
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

MAC stores may be an alternative even if the product range would be more limited.

Thanks very much for the suggestion Patricia, it's something I'll definitely consider for the future!

For my first time, I really want the whole experience with clothes, hair and photos, which is why I'm looking towards one of the makeover services, so it'll be the whole package (and also somewhere private, to try and bring down my level of nervousness!)

Hi Gilly, Like Shelley says, there are dressing services nearer to the NW Leeds and Hull both spring to mind, but I appreciate your reasoning for a trip to London. You might also check out the Brighton area if you don't mind travelling a bit further. Just Google dressing services in the area of choice
    I would also echo Shelleys comments regarding Transformations in Manchester. I used them for my very first makeover and came away very disappointed.

Hi Gilly,
    Dont know if you are aware of Northern Concord ( U.K. ) they have a long list of things of interest to us. Perusal is open to non members,--
    http://www.northernconcord.org.uk/
    XXX Liz

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar

Gordon Fawcett

I live here in sunny old Scotland but if i was ever to have a makeover I would make the effort of calling in at Gordon Fawcett at Liverpool of The Makeover Rooms. He will give you a really natural look. Find him on Facebook.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for all the great information everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    Hi Gilly, Like Shelley says, there are dressing services nearer to the NW Leeds and Hull both spring to mind, but I appreciate your reasoning for a trip to London. You might also check out the Brighton area if you don't mind travelling a bit further. Just Google dressing services in the area of choice
    I would also echo Shelleys comments regarding Transformations in Manchester. I used them for my very first makeover and came away very disappointed.
    It sounds like Transformations in Manchester is definitely one place I should cross off my list!

And I'll google the Brighton area to see what there is around there, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Jones View Post
    Hi Gilly,
    Dont know if you are aware of Northern Concord ( U.K. ) they have a long list of things of interest to us. Perusal is open to non members,--
    http://www.northernconcord.org.uk/
    XXX Liz
    I hadn't heard of that organisation Liz, thanks, I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    I live here in sunny old Scotland but if i was ever to have a makeover I would make the effort of calling in at Gordon Fawcett at Liverpool of The Makeover Rooms. He will give you a really natural look. Find him on Facebook.
    I've never heard of The Makeover Rooms, and I don't live too far away from it - thanks Pauline! I think for the first time, I'd like to go a bit further afield, just to try and control my nervousness! But once that initial fear is conquered, The Makeover Rooms would be a lot more convenient when / if I feel the urge for another makeover.

If you go on YouTube and search "boyswillbegirls" no spaces you'll find 3 videos of their transformations.

The is also vids of a dressing service in Brighton, name escapes me, but it did look rather good.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi,
    "Crossdressing lifestyle " is based in Brighton -- they welcome contact from others
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwb...TqhN4FBkc1ZLug
    XXX Liz

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi,
    Further to thread 18 i have just posted, heres their "about " page gives all their contact details,--
    https://www.youtube.com/c/CrossdressingLifestyle/about
    XXX Liz

I'm in the states and super jealous that I can't just go to BWBG because if I could I absolutely would! I love her work!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    If you go on YouTube and search "boyswillbegirls" no spaces you'll find 3 videos of their transformations.

The is also vids of a dressing service in Brighton, name escapes me, but it did look rather good.

Thanks Helen, I'll have a look at those videos

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Jones View Post
    Hi,
    "Crossdressing lifestyle " is based in Brighton -- they welcome contact from others
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwb...TqhN4FBkc1ZLug
    XXX Liz

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi,
    Further to thread 18 i have just posted, heres their "about " page gives all their contact details,--
    https://www.youtube.com/c/CrossdressingLifestyle/about
    XXX Liz

Ooh, thanks for that as well Liz, I shall have a look at them as well

Quote Originally Posted by josie_S View Post
    I'm in the states and super jealous that I can't just go to BWBG because if I could I absolutely would! I love her work!

Thanks Josie, good to hear your thoughts on her work.

I suppose there are some advantages of living in a relatively small country like the UK, one being everything is only a few hours away!

I always wanted a professional makeover.
    I was looking for one on the web when I found this site and joined.

It looks like it would be a day to remember, especially if women are part of the experience.

I ended up deciding to put the $300 or so into buying wigs and makeup that I still have and trying to learn the art of makeup.

If I had money to burn, I would love to go for a professional makeover.

The makeovers they show are pretty super.

Have Fun,

Miss Judy
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Transformations had always come across as a bit "meh" from the bits and pieces I've garnered.

It used to have 6 branches around the UK in major cities, including London and a short lived place in Newcastle too hidden up a back street in the 1990s (Low Friars Street where it met Fenkel Square for anyone else from the North East who remembers it - there was an even shorter lived competitor set up by a Transformations employee that even got coverage on Tyne Tees local television in the 90s) close to Newcastle's China Town. It has certainly shrunk since then and the goods on its website are way too expensive compared to other sources.

The other places mentioned are certainly doing a good job and some of the makeovers are good enough to make the subject quite passable. I'll peruse when I have more time. 🙂

Sue.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gilly , Crossdressing is like being in the MAFIA, You just can't Quit, >Orchid**oo**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a friend from another site that went to Boyswillbegirls and had an absolutely wonderful time. I saw the pictures and they were beautiful. Go enjoy yourself!
    Crissy

I'm not in London and have no experience with the company. That being said I'd encourage you to do it. If they have experience and good reviews then I think you would be good. I think you would really be happy you did.