Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyswillbegirls.com - opinions for a nervous first timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I always wanted a professional makeover.
    I was looking for one on the web when I found this site and joined.

It looks like it would be a day to remember, especially if women are part of the experience.

I ended up deciding to put the $300 or so into buying wigs and makeup that I still have and trying to learn the art of makeup.

If I had money to burn, I would love to go for a professional makeover.

The makeovers they show are pretty super.

Have Fun,

Miss Judy
    I've been saying I'll have to go for a makeover for the last who knows how many years.

And after the last year I, along with everyone else has had, and together with the fact my job is probably finishing by the end of the year, I decided, life's too short, and why not do it, or just regret not doing it! And I've not been away on holiday, so this little trip would be my holiday for the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Sue View Post
    Transformations had always come across as a bit "meh" from the bits and pieces I've garnered.

It used to have 6 branches around the UK in major cities, including London and a short lived place in Newcastle too hidden up a back street in the 1990s (Low Friars Street where it met Fenkel Square for anyone else from the North East who remembers it - there was an even shorter lived competitor set up by a Transformations employee that even got coverage on Tyne Tees local television in the 90s) close to Newcastle's China Town. It has certainly shrunk since then and the goods on its website are way too expensive compared to other sources.

The other places mentioned are certainly doing a good job and some of the makeovers are good enough to make the subject quite passable. I'll peruse when I have more time. 🙂

Sue.
    Thanks Sue, another vote to avoid Transformations! Most of the other places seem to have fine reviews, so they all seem to be doing a good job, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Gilly , Crossdressing is like being in the MAFIA, You just can't Quit, >Orchid**oo**
    I like to think of it more like an addiction - but a healthy one (except for my credit card!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I have a friend from another site that went to Boyswillbegirls and had an absolutely wonderful time. I saw the pictures and they were beautiful. Go enjoy yourself!
    Thanks Crissy, glad your friend had a great experience there!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMBlack View Post
    I'm not in London and have no experience with the company. That being said I'd encourage you to do it. If they have experience and good reviews then I think you would be good. I think you would really be happy you did.
    I am definitely going to do it, it's a bit scary, but really exciting! My mind is finally made up after years of putting it off. I spent yesterday evening looking through all the reviews of the different services, so today, I'm going to book a few days off work - I'll just have to make up some excuse about where I'm going in case they ask!!
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

I think you should go for it.
    Ive thought about a makeover and dressing service from time to time.
    Boys will be girls is the only one i would actually go with (when i pluck up the courage)
    Cindys work looks amazing, the reviews are great, the pictures are great, and i understand she is very welcoming for nervous girls.

Hopefully one day.

I am definitely going to go for it

I can't quite believe I'm going to do it! If you'd said to me a couple of months ago that I'd be going for a full makeover and photoshoot, I would have laughed. But I guess, I've finally come to accept who I am a little more, even if I'm not quite ready to share Gill with the wider world yet!

I hope you do pluck up the courage to go for a makeover - if me, the most nervous shy person you could ever meet can do it, I'm sure you will one day!

Good, You'll have to let us all know how it goes of course!

Also, i believe cindy only adds you to her gallery on the website with your permission, if that helps.

Oh I will report back, for sure, and share a picture or two hopefully!

Cindy does seem nice, and very discreet. I don't think I'm quite brave enough to share any of my pictures with the big wide world quite yet though!

My visit with Cindy at BWBG was absolutely life changing. Struggles to get an appointment time with her led to me joining this and other sites openly for the first time. I was thinking maybe the experience of seeing ‘myself’ finally might help me deal with the growing need to do so and maybe be able to calm my crossdressing down so I could continue on the path I was on.

I read all the reviews at her site and it lived up to those without a doubt. For Cindy it was another rainy Monday morning, she was dealing with neck pain and almost cancelled, but still she cared so much to give me a good experience and so for me it was 5 hours of magic. I wish I had been clever enough to video the makeup part so I’d have had my very own ‘how to’ guide. I went in a very closeted cross dresser and hours into it I was ready to go out and do the posing outside, but the rain was so heavy that didn’t happen.

I had had a makeover/dressing session two days before my first, at the boudoir, which was just OK, got the idea she’d rather have been hanging with her kids than doing up my face, did not live up to my expectations, my experience did not match up with the reviews I read there. My complaints about that one was that I had to fight for what I wanted, and got less done than promised, and she uses photo editing to make your look what you see on the website. The chat was good and most of the makeup was fine, just everything was less than what I hoped for.

Cindy’s experience was totally the opposite. She’s a quieter person but so sweet, listened to what I wanted and delivered it, and when she’d have me in a state that I thought looked absolutely fantastic (for me) she would still have more touches or adjustments or changes to make the looks just that much better.

Have always meant to leave another gushing review on her site but here it is instead. If you do go, just make sure to be clear about what you want (for me, I didn’t want to waste time having my nails painted, for example) and Cindy should deliver what you want and maybe even what you didn’t know you wanted. Tell her I said hi, and she won’t remember me because she’s got so many satisfied customers, but for me it was unforgettable.

wow...after what Rhonda said, I want to go to BWBG even more!

Another site you may not have heard of, Born in Manchester. https://born.uk.com/
    Paul is amazing and a crossdresser himself. He does good deals and has a fantastic studio.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    My visit with Cindy at BWBG was absolutely life changing. Struggles to get an appointment time with her led to me joining this and other sites openly for the first time. I was thinking maybe the experience of seeing ?myself? finally might help me deal with the growing need to do so and maybe be able to calm my crossdressing down so I could continue on the path I was on.

I read all the reviews at her site and it lived up to those without a doubt. For Cindy it was another rainy Monday morning, she was dealing with neck pain and almost cancelled, but still she cared so much to give me a good experience and so for me it was 5 hours of magic. I wish I had been clever enough to video the makeup part so I?d have had my very own ?how to? guide. I went in a very closeted cross dresser and hours into it I was ready to go out and do the posing outside, but the rain was so heavy that didn?t happen.

I had had a makeover/dressing session two days before my first, at the boudoir, which was just OK, got the idea she?d rather have been hanging with her kids than doing up my face, did not live up to my expectations, my experience did not match up with the reviews I read there. My complaints about that one was that I had to fight for what I wanted, and got less done than promised, and she uses photo editing to make your look what you see on the website. The chat was good and most of the makeup was fine, just everything was less than what I hoped for.

Cindy?s experience was totally the opposite. She?s a quieter person but so sweet, listened to what I wanted and delivered it, and when she?d have me in a state that I thought looked absolutely fantastic (for me) she would still have more touches or adjustments or changes to make the looks just that much better.

Have always meant to leave another gushing review on her site but here it is instead. If you do go, just make sure to be clear about what you want (for me, I didn?t want to waste time having my nails painted, for example) and Cindy should deliver what you want and maybe even what you didn?t know you wanted. Tell her I said hi, and she won?t remember me because she?s got so many satisfied customers, but for me it was unforgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by josie_S View Post
    wow...after what Rhonda said, I want to go to BWBG even more!
    I agree with you Josie! WOW! Rhonda, it sounds like you really did have the experience of a lifetime! I have spoken to Cindy a couple of times over email, and she seems really nice, and she's obviously just as lovely in the flesh! And I've been looking through all her gallery, and she really makes those girls look stunningly womanly!

Quote Originally Posted by *ROXY* View Post
    Another site you may not have heard of, Born in Manchester. https://born.uk.com/
    Paul is amazing and a crossdresser himself. He does good deals and has a fantastic studio.
    Hi Roxy, thank you so much for that site. You're right, I've never heard of it, but I'll certainly take a look.

I want to get nice and far away from home for my first makeover, but after I've done first one, I'd hopefully want to go for others that are closer, so this one would be great!

What a fun thread, thanks! I'm so excited for you that you've decided to go for it. It was fun hearing from those that have been to BWBG and loved the experience. I loved looking through the gallery on the site. There are truly some beautiful ladies that have gone through the transformation with her. Definitely on my bucket list to do something like this.

I was really into posting pics on Flickr for a while, makeovers and photo apps as my journey to the egg crack was happening, you can see some of them if you visit my profile here. It’s a bunch of treated pics from everywhere else but I think the only un-FaceApp’d or youcam’d pics are from the day at BWBG.

I will add a couple caveats: You still will probably be jealous of clients she has who you think look better than you did, especially if you’re in the same garment...just like in any other situation unless you are really lucky some people are just more blessed genetically. But you will probably look better than you’ve ever looked in your life.

And I finally related to models who said ‘it’s hard work’. Sitting in the chair getting made up is fun, but once you’re up doing the poses she really makes you work it, and somehow captures pics of you looking relaxed on an armrest or some such pose that look like you’re relaxed and not totally on edge about how every bit of you is posing for the shot.

And a tip: not only do I regret not videoing the makeover I wish I had taken more video of each look, I took a few bursts but having video helped me deal with being in the closet especially when covid came along and dressing time mostly went away for months.

I’d love to hear how this works out as I came across BWBG and was thinking of going to her. I am planning on joining a local group when the lockdown allows meetings but I’ve never been out dressed before. I wondered if BWBG might help me find my ‘look’. I know I’ll never pass but I think I could be a bit more ‘together’ in my look.

Well.... I've done it.... I've booked with Cindy at Boyswillbegirls for the beginning of July! 😳😀

The train and hotel are also booked.

There's no going back now!

I'm equally crazily happy and terrified!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    I will add a couple caveats: You still will probably be jealous of clients she has who you think look better than you did, especially if you?re in the same garment...just like in any other situation unless you are really lucky some people are just more blessed genetically. But you will probably look better than you?ve ever looked in your life.

And I finally related to models who said ?it?s hard work?. Sitting in the chair getting made up is fun, but once you?re up doing the poses she really makes you work it, and somehow captures pics of you looking relaxed on an armrest or some such pose that look like you?re relaxed and not totally on edge about how every bit of you is posing for the shot.

And a tip: not only do I regret not videoing the makeover I wish I had taken more video of each look, I took a few bursts but having video helped me deal with being in the closet especially when covid came along and dressing time mostly went away for months.

Thanks Rhonda! I'm under no illusions that I'll be some amazing gorgeous lady, but I just want to be the most feminine version of Gill that I could be, just to see what's possible!

And thanks for the warning about the workout I'll be getting, I could do with losing a few pounds, and I'm sure it'll be fun, even if it's hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMay View Post
    I?d love to hear how this works out as I came across BWBG and was thinking of going to her. I am planning on joining a local group when the lockdown allows meetings but I?ve never been out dressed before. I wondered if BWBG might help me find my ?look?. I know I?ll never pass but I think I could be a bit more ?together? in my look.

I will definitely report back JennyMay!

I'm no amazing beauty, trust me, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what an expert like Cindy can make out of a pudgy, average middle-aged guy like me!

Rhonda...

I've just looked at your albums that you mentioned in your post.

And you look amazing!... maybe Cindy has worked some magic, but oh lord! You are beautiful and 100% passable!

I'll have to hope Cindy can make me look half as womanly as you!
    Last edited by Gilly68; 06-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly68 View Post
    Rhonda...

I've just looked at your albums that you mentioned in your post.

And you look amazing!... maybe Cindy has worked some magic, but oh lord! You are beautiful and 100% passable!

I'll have to hope Cindy can make me look half as womanly as you!
    Like I said, most of the pics are using app adjustments except for most of the BWBG ones, but I also played with some of those. I do try to note that on the pics. But thanks and have a blast!

The faceapp ones were cute, and I've no problems with anyone using that, I've been using it plenty!

But you're being too modest about the BWBG ones, you really look pretty in those ones!

That’s why I rave about BWBG, she’s an artist. And also, if an experience is anything like mine you’ll also get a bunch of pics that you don’t want to share, so it’s a combo of her work, random chance, the angle, your pose, etc...

I'm so excited already! Still 4 weeks to wait though!

The wait for me felt like the slowest that time ever moved that I could remember.

Oh God yes! It can't come quick enough, even though I've got butterfly's even when I think about it! And I'm finding myself giggling at work, and having to stop myself.

Hi Gilly,

I've seen Cindy with her clients at the Way Out club in London a few times. She is a TS women herself and looks stunning, just like a beautiful woman.
    I think you'll be in good hands with her, even though, I didn't use her service. I'm from Germany but visited London a few times in the last years prior to covid-19.

Her service, especially including a girls night out, might not be very cheap....

Good lick

Doreen
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

Hey Doreen, thanks very much for sharing your thoughts.

She certainly doesn't provide the cheapest service, but as it's my first makeover, I want it to be right.

And you're right, she looks beautiful, and I think she's got a beautiful personality as well.

I've done the makeover, dress and photos with Amanda Rich.

I cost 4 costume and jewelry changes, including a traditional wedding dress. I got well over a hundred pictures so I could replay the day. My profile pic (not Bugs Bunny) is one of those pics.

It was the best money I ever spent.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sounds like you had an amazing, memorable experience Steffi!

Hopefully my one with Cindy will be comparable.

The excitement is definitely outweighing the nervousness at the moment!

Gilly

Amanda had a full extra large closet filled with clothing and shoes. She also had a lot of wigs and jewelry to pick from. I used stick-on nails and I painted them a bright red. I loved them so much, I get them on all day, even driving home. I needed to make a couple coffee and food stops on the way home, and I did it with long, red nails, even though I tried to hide them a bit. I brought some of my own clothes and did wear at least one of them.

It was so great. Do as much as you can/want that day. It's a good "bucket list" day.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Oh yes, I want to do as much as possible. From what Rhonda has said, Cindy will make me work to make the day one to remember!

And I absolutely agree about nails, I want to try some false nails whilst I'm with Cindy - it's something I can't do at home in my "real life".