Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody mourn their lost youth?

Silver Member
    My. wife pointed out that being a girl isn't just about wearing clothes.

I am in my mid 60's. Like most I do wish in my 20's there was more acceptance and counseling. Shopping or acquiring clothes was never easy. And, of course, internet access, which opened a whole new world. But I do cherish some wonderful cross dressing experiences that I had by myself and with some girlfriends that I could never regret or forget.

Of course especially when it comes to cding. I am so much more comfortable now than I was then Scared to step out and too much angst when trying to by something. I looked so much better then to. Of course so social media wasn't around then so trying to meet anyone was difficult. Not that it is easy now.
    I don't fret about it though have fun now because you never know when it is going to end. HAVE FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I don't mourn my lost youth. I have regrets for not doing more with my cross dressing until later in life, however as a caveat, I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy that kind of put a crimp in that as well. Being married to an unsupportive wife that would never have understood, and as it was spent the entire marriage sleeping with other people did not help the self confidence.

So, no. I am good.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Hind sight is always 20-20 but, there is an old adage...

"They who live in the past deny themselves the future" .

So, the best we can do is learn by our mistakes and have the sense not to dwell on things we can not change.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-16-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Interesting topic, I was very wayward in my early to mid teens but as odd as it might seem to this day I remember vividly dressing up in my mothers and aunt's (Who lived with us) clothes whenever the chance arose. That was a loooong time ago now but my love for feminine clothing is as strong now as it was back then. Not so much lost youth but some very happy memories from those times.

Silver Member
    Yes and no. Part of me wants to have been a woman while in my twenties. But so many things were different back then (in the 1980's) I just wasn't ready for that. Earlier than that, I had been taught, by example, to despise any one who was non binary (back then there was only one three letter F word to cover all the possibilities), so when I discovered my mom's wardrobe, I was aghast and afraid and I couldn't accept that part of myself until at least my late 30's.

There's really nothing in my youth to mourn. There are some not-great memories, but it's all part of my life. I married the woman of my dreams at 18 and had two amazing kids. Now, I've got some amazing grandchildren. I never wanted to be a girl and don't particularly want to be a typical guy. I found out I liked and could wear lots of items from the woman's section of the store in my mid-fifties and it's been nice to spend much of my recent life in femme or androgynous mode. I keep it private to avoid drama, but most of my time at home is spent indulging in my preferred wardrobe while being indulged by that woman of my dreams.

I'm in my 50s, but I feel like I'm in my 40s, so that's the goal... Well, I still have clothes from 25 years ago, and sometimes I wear them just for the fun of it.

I lived alone in Los Angeles for a few years when I was in my mid-twenties. This was almost two decades ago. I was afraid of what I am, and I would only put on a bra or panties when I was really drunk. I wish I could do back then and know what I know now. That's it's fine, that no one cares. I'd kill to shave my legs and go out to a West Hollywood bar and hang out with people who don't judge. That's definitely something I regret.

Also --- just to have Amazon Prime as a crossdresser -- my god!

Sometimes, but I also remember how difficult it was (for me) to obtain womens' clothes back in the 80s/90s. Now!! I am so glad I live in a time when I can buy whatever clothes I want at the click of a mouse, and then get to try them on within 24 hours!

Having grown up abused by family, and then molested by an outsider, I stopped reminiscing or focusing on my past life long ago. We can't change the past, and really have to stop wondering 'what if'. I've managed to stay sane (well, at least I think I'm sane) by always looking forward to the future, not focusing on the past.
    Tomorrow will be different. Maybe better, maybe worse, but different, and I can hopefully make it for 'better'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well, considering that I still am in my late 30s of youth, but I'll travel back and bite on this very subject. Puberty was an awkward time for me, yet didn't come with meeting it half way as being trans, because I've developed breasts, and hips. As for the passable case, sometimes I did get confused looks or mocked by class members of having obvious female characteristics, but they knew who I was born as at the end. Though, it would be nice to keep my youthful look for another 10 years, before transcending to possible more important matters for me.
    Last edited by Emptyeyes; 06-22-2021 at 01:05 PM.