Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does your SO support, or better yet, encourage your CD?

Banned Read only
    My SO is wonderful! She loves my both sides and she encourages me to let my Julia out when it been awhile.
    We went out to dinner last weekend as two girlfriends. It was so much fun! She always treats me like a lady when I am dressed and always refers to me as Julia with the proper feminine pronouns. She really treats me like a prince in male mode and a princess in female mode.

My wife didn't sign up for this and only found out about it after the fact (let's not get into that here). When she did find out at first it was a question of whether or not our marriage would survive. Over the intervening five years things have come quite a ways. She still prefers not to see me fully dressed, though she has. My clothes are kept in the open in my closet and in a shared bureau. My wife is fully aware of when I'm dressed, which is several days each week. When discussions of eventually moving when we reach retirement age come up she always states that we have to make sure I have space and time to dress. She knows I have no men's underwear and is fine with that. I also keep my toenails painted and she's good with that. As a matter of fact when my 20 month old granddaughter noticed my toenails recently my success reaction kind of surprised me. Rather than ask me to cover them around her my wife commented about it being nice that my granddaughter would grow up thinking it was totally normal.

Those are just a few of the ways she has shown her support and I am thankful for her everyday.

Progress has been slow but steady. My wife has come quite far and I appreciate it every day.

Elizabeth

My wife has been supportive of my feminine side all along. We been married for 23 amazing years. It's great that we do everything together. She's taught me so much about beening a woman. From clothes, makeup to walk and act like a lady. We go shopping together all the time. When she sees something that would cute on me she would say go try this on. And I do the same for her. We share each other's clothes, makeup and hair accessories. She'll do my hair and makeup for me when we have a girls night out and pick out my outfit too. She said she picks my outfit so I don't look better the her. Lol. I'm blessed I have a wonderful wife/ girlfriend. She's the best.

My wife has supported my dressing the 41 years we have been married. At first she was a little apprehensive, then she started fully supporting it. We go shopping together, I help her find clothes and she helps me find clothes. Openly dress around her all the time. To her its just normal.

My wife is supportive. I told her when we were dating prior to moving in. She has bought me things, helps me with my feminine movements, gives me her opinion and goes out with me dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I underdress every day. I wear panties 24/7, camisole, knee high stockings (leggings in winter) and keep my hair shoulder length. I get mani/pedis with painted toes. My wife will make an appointment and sometimes we go together. She does not say anything about the underdressing, but complains about my hair from time to time. She likes a slightly shorted hairstyle. That is as far as we have gone thus far. I wanted pierced ears to wear earrings and she is starting to warm to the idea. After that, I don’t know what comes next. I do try to buy unisex tops and shorts in summer, but unless I go full mode I am stuck at this point. What would you suggest?
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

I don’t think I will ever get my SO support. Therefore. I am staying in the closet until she finds out and then we will divorce and I will be free and poorer. . Well not necessarily like that but it is an option.
    Last edited by Jamie1980; 06-08-2021 at 06:52 AM.

heres a very abbreviated version -
    lets start 45 years ago in college. Met this girl who thought I was a girl maybe (I was totally androgynous dressing to the fem side at the time) but she was attracted to 'her' anyway. Found out I was a guy and quite happy. Found out that I was 'ho-hum' sexually but I got turned on by wearing girls clothes. So...once we were married she kept me in girls clothes as often and as much as possible. Three years into marriage she takes me to a Dr and tells him I need curves. Through a medial study, I started hormones and was on them for almost 2 years. I got curves...big curves. Because of new curves transitioned to living as a woman full time - for the next 5 years and sex/relationship was out of this world. At that time she said she wanted a man back in her life so I made the transition back (took almost a year). For the next 3 years I still had to wear a bra and always wore panties anyway. New medial study (steroids) finished the job and now my once pert big 'c' breasts were now looking like well defined pectoral muscles.
    Wife still buys me panties, nighties, etc as they are still a turn on...I'm just a guy now but don't really CD any more much especially out in public. Fast forward to almost 10 years ago Wife goes through menopause...or in her case meno-stop. Barely tolerates me in panties and for bed will accept gowns so long as they are not "frilly". Five years ago while out shopping she actually buys me a pack of tightie-whities (No I don't wear them. I even took a pair of scissors to the elastic waistband so they were unwearable). So we're down to an almost 'dont ask-dont tell' relationship. Funny thing tho...almost all my clothes are still womans and I still dress everyday in a totally androgynous manner fully presenting as a guy. I've had many a clerk check her collar or shirt button position and realize that her buttons were on the same side as mine which is quite funny to watch. So at this point, my wife tolerates my clothes so long as they don't look feminine. Its been a long bumpy road for sure...

I was married 25 years before I told my wife. It suddenly hit me real hard the urge and need to dress. It was a shock to her not the dressing part but the fear of what might be next. She is my best friend and we support one another so I was sure she would understand. So with in a few weeks she was accepting and understanding that it was important to me. She said, "if it makes you happy you should do it". I am sure she does not understand why as I do not either but with trust and agreed upon boundaries it has worked out wonderfully. She prefers not to see me dressed but has and is fine with it. I respect her wish and try to avoid her having to see me. When covid restrictions hit and I could not go out she was welcoming. I invited a friend over who I meet for dinner on occasion and we all sat in the backyard and enjoyed conversation while dressed. Just three girls enjoying the evening. A very special moment. I feel so lucky!

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna , We just have a very workable DA/DT,
    MyWife just don't want to see me while I am Dressed, Life is Great, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    "If I wanted to be married to a woman, I would have married a woman!"
    "When you have a baby tell me about being a woman!"

That was about the summation of her interest in my desire to wear women's clothing. She has not said a word about my interests since the early 1980's. The only thing close to an acknowledgement was when she was cleaning out her nightgowns that not longer fit her, she told me to take anything I wanted.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 07-18-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie D50 View Post
    My wife has taken me on a roller coaster for over 40 years. "show me" To "lets go out shopping (dressed)" to "stop it" to "It's ok" Now repeat this 10 times in 40 years that is my wife. (life)
    Mine was a lot shorter but went from accepting to experimenting with me to questioning to accusations. But there was a lot going on in her head.

Divorced for years but learned recently she is now supportive but convinced I will transition to full time and become a wife. Full time for me is limited to a few days of vacation but many women seem to believe all CD’s want to transition. Despite many talks to the contrary.

I hid my CDing from my wife until she found a dress hidden among my things. Back then, about 20 years ago, I tried to get her to understand the situation, but she never accepted it. We had couples therapy and she left after a few sessions because the therapist did not give her hope that I would change, and that it was I who should be in therapy, because she was convinced that I wanted to transition. We are still together and have children, but the subject has always bothered her and she scoffs at some situations. She is always wondering if I have done something to myself when my skin has reacted to something in the environment, as if I had worn makeup for a moment during her absence.

I had it easy. Married a theater major in her undergrad. She said "The day you tell me what to wear is the day I'll tell you what to wear. Plus, you're better at fashion. Let's go shopping."

It helps that our measurements are almost identical except for the extra 6" of legs I get to brag about.

Well, she filed for divorce and now I don't have to care what she thinks...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

She encourages.... to an extent that we both believe she is bisexual with lesbian tendencies.....just we found each other at the right time.
    As she is a gymaddict, she has the figure of a big female bodybuilder ( I always compare her with Rene Campbell) Most of the people believe we are lesbians, many think she is the male and I the female....being me thin and shorter than her...and my appearance is similar to those participants in Miss Engineering (Filipinas)
    I do not have any male clothes now but those specific for crossdressers.

I told my wife on our 2nd or 3rd date. No sense in hiding it. I did that with the first one for many years. She understands and in fact will buy me clothes; and if I am going out and she needs some makeup I will buy it for her. She did go out with me a few times when i was dressed but it was really not her cup of tea so to speak. Thats fine. I respect her boundaries.

I told my wife before we wed, betting she leave, but she was fascinated and accepted it. She is totally accepting and has been the source of good advice, makeup techniques, style, shopping, etc. She has a great sense of humor. She especially hates hose and underwire bras..two of my favorites and teases me when I wear almost daily. We live in a small, nosy town, consequently when I go out, it?s after dark and usually out of town. She?s not comfortable with my going out, but as many know, it?s necessary, especially when the pink fog rolls in. I admit? Discovery would not be good, socially or economically.

How does you SO encourage your CD experiences?
    The sexy compliments and I will keep it "G" rated lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

My wife of 51 years would encourage me to find a new place to spend my retirement if she caught me dressed. She doesn?t want to see it, end of story. I respect her wishes and leave things as they are.

My last girlfriend encouraged me and was very turned on by my female side. It felt wonderful to have someone enjoy it with me.

Early in our relationship, she realised I was not at all masculine as I was so useless in the bedroom. "For fun", I put on some of her clothes and she warmed to the idea immediately. She bought me shoes, underwear, wig and makeup and I dressed in her clothes. We never went out with me en femme as she was afraid I would be victimised, but I dressed regularly at home and she did my makeup.
    Suddenly everything changed as she encountered the menopause and she went off the whole idea big time.
    I now have to go away and dress without her knowing, but I have become bolder and often go out for an evening.
    I think if she found out, she would be very upset, but not angry or surprised.

My wife loves it

I am so lucky to be married to my wife. Told her about my dressing when we started dating 30 years ago. She has purchased clothing, heels and make up for me over the years. We have a simple rule, she does not want me going out in public dressed. I describe myself as a MIAD and are fine with her request. In the past few years, she has helped me purchase more uni-sex clothing and women’s shoes that can pass as men’s so I can “dress” in public.

She has never really encouraged me but she has no issues with my CDing. She has commented how good I look in some things which I suppose would be encouraging. Either way I love it.