Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does your SO support, or better yet, encourage your CD?

My wife buys me clothes from time to time along with insuring me that I can dress any way I want. Just a couple of weeks ago she bought us a matching set of satin lingerie with a satin robe, in a very lite but bright violet. This is all the encouragement I need but she makes me know I'm hers regardless of the clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

We have been married for 64 years and my wife has always helped with my "second wardrobe". She has given me lingerie, nighties (both sensible and frivolous), tops and skirts.
    In other words we work together closely and only occasionally question the suitability of my choices.

Last week my wife did a purge of her clothes. I came in and she pointed to a pile and told me that's the stuff I should look through to see if I could wear anything and wanted anything. Not all of it worked, of course, but I got several pairs of jeans, some lingerie, and a few shirts/tops that I like.

Once in a blue moon she'll surprise me with something from the store that she thinks I'll be cute in. Yesterday she told me about a skirt she thought I'd like but it came with a top that she wasn't sure about. I agreed that I won't look good in a crop top, but if the whole outfit is only $15 it would be worth it for the skirt.

Yeah, she's awesome!

My wife was tolerant from the beginning but ran hot and cold (more like Luke warm and cold). She really didn’t like breastforms at all. But the big turning point was wigs. At first I didn’t wear wigs around her because it seemed too over the top. But when I did start wearing wigs regularly she really thawed out. It kind of makes sense if you think about it. Walking around in a dress with a bald head is a caricature of the female. One could view it as making fun of women. (Historically, the obvious man in a dress has been used that way.) However, making a sincere effort to look female is different. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and this can be viewed as honoring women. My wife is unique. If your wife is intolerant, don’t try this at home.

Reality Check
    I can't say that my wife encourages my dressing, but she tolerates it. She will go shopping with me for clothes and even occasionally brings me something feminine home when she has been shopping by herself.

She no longer wears makeup and occasionally makes a snide comment about me wearing makeup although all I wear is beard cover and lipstick (just enough to hide the "maleness").

As I mentioned in another post today, I really wish she would go out with me in public, even if we had to travel to another city. So far, I don't see that happening.
    Krisi