Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fetish

If I said no I think I would be lying. I will admit when I was younger it was all sexual but as I started to dress more complet it became more of just feeling more relaxed in women's clothes. When the kids got an opportunity and they moved out my wife was really worried that Maria was going to evolve. Instead the opposite happened, most of my dressing is just watching TV and relaxing and reading. I guess we change with with our chances in life

Pantyhose has always been my trigger. Seeing a woman wearing nylons makes my heart race and I instantly get amped up and feel the need to immediately put on a pair. Even hearing a woman say the word 'pantyhose' drives me wild.

Simple answer: Yes.

For more depth, I suggest you read up on Classical Conditioning. (Pavlov's dogs, etc.)

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Here's another definition of the word...

An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence.

Note the lack of mentioning sexual gratification.

In that context? I believe a LOT of people out there (CD'ers & non-CD'ers, alike) have a "fetish."

And that could be pretty much *anything*.

They simply use a nicer term for it -- but it's still a fetish.

Mostly... fem clothing has always turned me on sexually.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    As a side note, is it me, or is there are negative feeling in the forum about the word "fetish?"
    There shouldn't be, but there is. There is also a tendency for some who fall in the fetish category to be defensive, even to the point of rejecting a term which actually does apply to them.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    It's just part of my life. Has been since well before I knew what a fetish was. I can relate to the fetish angle on some occasions. But I think it's a similar feeling to when my wife puts on a negligee. It can help with promoting a sexual mood. I'm not sure if that is a fetish or just normal human behaviour. I like to think it is perfectly normal because that's me sometimes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe the original poster here used "Fetish" with sexual connotations in mind? "Completion" is NOT a necessary requirement for fetishists. Only that u become excited or aroused!

And almost every single one of us has been turned on by some aspect of their dressing at one time or another.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, No, Maybe, Sometimes, the world may never know!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Yes, it is common. A quick look around on this very forum will confirm that. It will also indicate that there's a lot of denial going on, but that's a topic for a different discussion.
    Aunt Kelly, it seems a thread about Fetish can't go for long without you chiming in and patronizing us (CDers) each and every time about our supposed denial in this area.
    Since you seem to be considering yourself as an authority over the subject, can I pick your brains and ask what your definition of a sexual fetish exactly is? Because unless the OP gives his own, I am left to conjectures. For example, I consider myself a fetishist since I love hose, shoes, skirts and dresses. But they don't arouse me unless a girl is wearing them. I am still a fetishist? Well, a girl will generally arouse me more when dressed than naked. Seems like I am indeed having a sexual fetish, right? Also, I don't wear French maid outfits and the like, nor racy leather or latex attires. Do I still qualify?
    Really, enlighten me. Knowing it will help all the other members in denial as well.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    And almost every single one of us has been turned on by some aspect of their dressing at one time or another.
    I'd take that bet everyday and say you're wrong.

I think a fair percentage of the posters here--probably 10 to 20%--dress because it better suits their gender identity, not because of sexual attraction of the clothes.

And there are a number of posters here who say that and you ignore them.

You're like my wife; you never let the facts get in the way of your opinions.

Note: As of today (6/7), there are about 1.5 million posts in this forum.

There are 137,xxx posts in the Transsexuals forum, or just shy of 10%.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 06-07-2021 at 07:39 PM. Reason: To add last two sentences

I can safely say there are aspects of this lifestyle which can be highly erotic. I can't say this is a sexual fetish. If it were then I would go back to total boy mode once the sexual part is satisfied. As it stands now, I am hardly ever in complete boy mode anymore. This has really become a way of life.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Doc, unless you conducted a survey about it, I can't see how you can be affirming this. The only thing that binds us together is the fact that we dress with attire typical of the other gender. Not the reasons why we do it.

Wow Jane 9 years since your last started thread (interesting and good question) and as to "YOUR" question, for me its a fine line of "fetish". I feel so in sink with my inner self when dressed and everything is highlighted in senses.

noun
    a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 06-09-2021 at 03:19 AM. Reason: typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    While there IS a fetish quality there, I dress primarily to "Escape" from MYSELF AND Maleness and its "rules". Becoming an entirely different person with none of my normal concerns and worries.----where I can completely unwind and relax.
    That's me as well! While there are times is specifically dress for a *special occasion*, I'd say 98% of the time I dress for ME and arousal is the furthest from my mind......relaxation and a sense of *normal*...YES..... *Fetish*.... NO
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    Aunt Kelly, it seems a thread about Fetish can't go for long without you chiming in and patronizing us (CDers) each and every time about our supposed denial in this area.
    Since you seem to be considering yourself as an authority over the subject, can I pick your brains and ask what your definition of a sexual fetish exactly is? Because unless the OP gives his own, I am left to conjectures. For example, I consider myself a fetishist since I love hose, shoes, skirts and dresses. But they don't arouse me unless a girl is wearing them. I am still a fetishist?
    Yes, you are a fetishist.
    No, I don't consider myself to be an authority, beyond that of one who admits to being rather pedantic, but then I'm not arguing the definition. As you use it, it's accurate.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-08-2021 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    Doc, unless you conducted a survey about it, I can't see how you can be affirming this. The only thing that binds us together is the fact that we dress with attire typical of the other gender. Not the reasons why we do it.
    Interestingly, Diane, you haven't shown the results of YOUR survey showing how many dressers have NEVER gotten turned by some aspect of their dressing!
    Nor have u denied ever being aroused yourself!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

But I am not affirming anything. And the fact that I admit that I am aroused to varying levels by the dressing doesn't mean that other members are necessarily experiencing the same. It's a lot of members, a lot of different people and lot of different experiences. Although I share common elements of the crossdressing experience with other members, I have yet to find one to which I fully relate. The same must be true for everyone here, I guess.

Aspiring Member
    Im horny enough just wearing panties. Anything more almost always results in something more. is it sexual or a fetish? Sure, take your pick.

After all the above comments I think we can agree that fetish means sexual, in some form or another, if nothing else, Paulie!

Between the ages of 3 and 21 - NO

age 21 and 22 - Very much YES

23-56 years of age - NO (well - maybe 3 times in the last 3,000 dressing sessions)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

If by ? fetish? you are asking whether crosssdressing was or is sexually stimulating, I would say yes, definitely. In my younger years just a picture of a woman wearing panties in a Sears catalog would light my fire. Putting on a nice pair of nylon briefs was even better. And even now, although the instant arousal is not there , I still find wearing lingerie to be very sexual.

It’s complicated. For me it certainly started out as sexual and wearing female clothing was a huge turn on. Nowadays I wear women’s jeans, t-shirt & underwear all the time, and sleep in a nightie. None of these things turn me on any more. They just feel ‘right’. Wearing a skirt is still a turn on but I don’t wear a skirt ‘out’ I’m sure if it became normal for me to wear a skirt in public it would not be so much of a turn on but still feel ‘right’.
    Last edited by JennyMay; 06-10-2021 at 07:54 AM.

No not just due to a sexual fetish But yea I think there is certainly a sexual fetish in involved in cross dressing. There certainly was when I was younger, probably still now. I dressing session which may go on all day, dressing casually in slacks or jeans then going out to the mall and shopping a restraint and afternoon movie. /then back to change for something more formal at least a shirt or dress freshen the makeup and out to clubs for drinks and maybe dancing, hopefully seeing some one from the old support group and then back to home which may end with gratification or not. But it is a fun da or being a woman and looking pretty at least in my mind, enjoying seeing myself in mirrors at the mall and at the clubs latter Is that a fetish I don't know but it is fun and that is what matters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I wont consider it a fetish.
    That to me is when you have a fetish for stockings or such.
    The need to dress is sometimes sexual, but mostly a deep rooted need to dress up and escape for a few hours.
    It does become sexual at the end, yes.
    So a mixture of desires perhaps.

If the idea of being fully dressed and made up, and with a woman sexually is a fetish then yes for me.

The question (which i cant answer myself) is does it matter?