Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fetish

Fetish

Does anyone dress JUST due to a sexual fetish for women's clothing?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    No. Absolutely no one.
    At least nobody I know.
    You?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Not me either. I dress because I have to. Once dressed I may have other kinky things going on that may be more fetishy....

From reading here over many years I'd say that a good few would admit that in their early days that a certain level of arousal might be experienced but that was effect not cause.

For most that element of it dies away over time.

Personally I've never looked upon my dressing as being a fetish.

I have to admit that for me CD is highly related to sexual pleasure and satisfaction. I would not call it a fetish because, at least officially, fetish is associated with objects and body parts. As CD involves much more and nowadays is equally shared between me and my Girlfriend, I would not define as a fetish.

As Helen mentioned this aspect (sexual) is becoming less important through time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneAshland View Post
    Does anyone dress JUST due to a sexual fetish for women's clothing?
    A fetish is about the act and nothing but the act. Once you perform the act, that's it and you go back to whatever you were doing. It's a reason the term cross-dresser is preferred to transvestite.

Seeing myself in women's underwear I do admit can be arousing in the same way I'd see a woman in the same underwear. But if it was just about arousal, then it would over and done with in no time. I feel the need to dress without any arousal being there, and it's an enjoyable need beyond the sexual element. With the exception of possibly badly chosen bras and heels, I feel more comfortable and more myself in women's clothes. Sue can't be put away in a box and forgotten about. She needs to express herself.

I continue to carry out other aspects of my life when dressed. So it's something deeper than just a fetish and as others have said, crossdressing and our need to present as or feel like a women is part of who we are.

Sue

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    No, for many of us on this forum dressing started at a very early age.
    Myself 1st pair of panties was at the age of 5, they fit and felt amazing.
    A neighbor friend ( my age) had me try her panties on.
    But the true start was playing dress up with my friends on the block I wore girls cloths many times prior to this event.

Their were no boys within walking distance of my house. This was late 1950?s.

It is common for there to be a sexual element in many CD's and TG's early in their "career" of being and expressing their identity. But, as Helen says, it usually does not last more than a few years in youth and only occasionally reoccurs in adulthood. It is thought that at first the person is very enamored with discovering their different identity, but it still needs to mature a bit. As they shift from an exciting and different feeling about themselves to more acceptance that they really are different and the gender reversal takes hold and becomes a part of them, the sexual aspect fades into a minor part of the identity or at least less significant part. But, like everything else, not everybody goes through this process.

For me it was very sexual at first in my youth. But later that became less important and now is just a blip on the radar. It is natural to associate gender with sex even though in terms of actual neurological processes there is very little actual connection. That is, sex and gender operate on very different neural networks but we are taught that males and females are supposed to be very different even though, in the whole package, they really aren't that different. That allows us to draw an association between sex and gender. The association bolsters the teachings and the beliefs and thus links processes strongly. But over time, the underlying lack of connection, in spite of the association, wins out and we enter a more realistic relationship between sex and gender that reflects the truer neurological processes. That is the theory, but the fact is this aspect has never been studied much so getting beyond theory is hard. But it does make a lot of sense.

A big NO.
    I admit there were certain outfits/articles that I did find very erotic a long time ago and enjoyed experimenting with but on the whole no, this is not a fetish for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    A fetish is usually an extreme coping mechanism that involves doing something that is generally considered taboo in response to an unfulfilled need or desire that goes a lot deeper than the object or act. I would guess that most of the people on a forum like this have evolved beyond that point in their understanding of what motivates behavior and, therefore, no longer need to rely on such a coping mechanism.

Yes. For me it is 100% sexual and has nothing to do with identity or any kind of gender dysphoria.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Despite all the vehement denials, Jane, research the number of pantie threads posted here! Countless comments about an item of clothing no one ever sees!

Followed by many bra and nylons posts!

Personally, I've been dressing for 25 years and at age 77 sex is STILL a big part of my dressing!

Altho, I go out dressed quite often, that's my main CD activity now. And, sex is NEVER involved in that!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-07-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Correct a typo

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    No, CD'ing is not a fetish for me, it's a hobby because I have a strong feminine side..... I just love to crossdress.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Platinum Member
    That is a difficult question for many of us to answer. There was a time, early on, when just I was aroused by just the thought of putting on an article of women's clothing. There was a time when I was thrilled when wearing lingerie was included in the bedroom. And there was a time when even that caused some stress in my marriage.

But what remains unclear is to what degree my cross dressing was driven by the sexual pleasure or if there was something more there. I suspect in my case that there is indeed something more.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's exciting, on so many different levels. So what?
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    While there IS a fetish quality there, I dress primarily to "Escape" from MYSELF AND Maleness and its "rules". Becoming an entirely different person with none of my normal concerns and worries.----where I can completely unwind and relax.

I love the fetish side of it, and love just dressing up too, it depends on my mood.

Some days I want to dress up in the trashiest clothing and, well, it doesn't last long. I have a couple faux leather dresses, some hot body stocking, crazy platform heels, I love lingerie.

Some days I just want to dress up. Like today I dressed at 9AM. I slipped on a tight shiny bright pink mini skirt, patterned tights, my Roanyer breast plate with a bright pink bra with a tight long sleeve, very low cut top. The bra keeps wanting to show over the neckline! Oh, also a pair of white platform sandals. I bit on the trashy side, but nothing like some outfits! A gal might wear it on a night out clubbing.

My wife and I have been just lounging around, doing some cooking dong some serious "taking it easy" as it is HOT out today. Now it is 3:30PM and soon I will strip down to some shorty shorts and a t-shirt because mama wants to have dinner out on the deck later after it cools off and I am not prepared for the neighbors to see me out dressed!
    Last edited by Di; 06-29-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Yes, it is common. A quick look around on this very forum will confirm that. It will also indicate that there's a lot of denial going on, but that's a topic for a different discussion.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Jane, when I was a teenager, perhaps maybe. Since then, no.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I did when I was in my teens. As a adult, no.

Sure, it's a fetish for me sometimes. Sometimes it's just fun. Sometimes it's a very feminine feeling. Sometimes it's a blend of all of them. Regardless, I enjoy my time dressed. As a side note, is it me, or is there are negative feeling in the forum about the word "fetish?"

fetish
    /ˈfediSH/
    noun

1. a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
    Under this definition, I don't think dressing would be a fetish, unless someone is turned on by a specific item of clothing (like a pair of heels, for some).

I wanted to dress when I was 7 years old, before I knew what sex was.

At 14, when I put on a pair of my sister's pantyhose, I immediately erupted without doing anything.

For me, it's both a desire, but there is also a sexual component (generally when I think about it, as opposed to arousal when I am actually dressed).

We're all different in our own way.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 06-07-2021 at 02:52 PM.

TheHiddenMe, pretty much covers me! Some clothing I get worked up without even wearing it. Like i said earlier, lingerie is a bit hot button, heels too.