Thread: T-blockers only?

T-blockers only?

I have started the conversation with my GP about being on t-blockers. I had been on finesteride for BPH and spiro for blood pressure for over 10 yrs. Both meds were low dosage. However, two years ago I was found to have prostate cancer and went through radiation, t-blocker to the max with casodex then lip Ron for over a year. I was taken off the finesteride and spiro during this time. It has now been 8 months since all the cancer t-blockers have expired in my body and I find myself depressed, irritable, crazy libido thoughts and generally dis organized thoughts. I told him I want to go back on t-blockers to recapture the feeling of calmness and peaceful thought without the overboard libido crazies. Am I barking up the right tree? In the alternative, I have read recent studies showing very low dose estrogen with progesterone will give the calming effect I want without the t-blockers. What is the suggested path to follow?
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Your doctor is the best source for medical advice.

Your doctor is the best way to go on this! I see an endocrinologist for my T-blocker which is Spiro and my Estrogen patches! Progesterone was added and it has had a calming effect! Not sure what the suggested path is and it may be different for everyone but check with the doctor! Best wishes with this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The best medical advice you can receive will be from a coordinated response of your urologist and GP. You should seriously consider getting a consult with an endocrinologist as well. Frankly, your questions are beyond the scope of practice for most GP.

Depression, irritability, crazy libido thoughts and generally disorganized thoughts are really not transsexual specific issues and the answers to your specific medical questions can not be found here. There is no mention here of transitioning either. Thread closed.