Thread: Apparently, I would make a great wife. *gigglesnort*

Apparently, I would make a great wife. *gigglesnort*

So, I was talking to my amazing significant other today. We've been dating for almost 5 years now, but sadly we live about 70 miles from each other. She knows and supports me 100%. She loves both of me and "separates" this me and male me. Anyhoo, we were on the phone and she asked what I was doing. I told her I was doing laundry and getting stuff ready to cook my dinner. She said, "You would make someone such a great wife!" I could almost hear her smirk. I replied, "I might as well! You won't make me a husband!" Ten seconds of silence before we both busted out laughing. It's the little things, ya know?
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

Sounds like it's time to move closer. Time is way too short. If not, when? If not, why not?

My wife told me that I must love her as I certainly don't need her around for any other reason.

I am fairly domesticated. Before I met my wife I lived on my own. I cook, and I really mean cook, just not warm up a TV dinner. I make meals from scratch. I clean house, do laundry, pretty much anything the typical housewife would do.

I recently retired, my wife is still working. I took over pretty much all the household chores as I have the time. She comes home for lunch and I whip up something, same for dinner. The other evening it was porkchops on the grill, baked potato, asparagus and a salad. one day it was a three bean hot dish, with bacon and hamburger. I have a couple racks of ribs I need to bake and broil, maybe tomorrow. I friend of mine has a couple bad steaks at different restaurants and then came over to eat at our house one evening. I bought some nice big thick sirloins and ribeyes. He laughed when he started eating and said funny how he has to come to my house to get a great steak!

During all this I am re-siding our house and replacing the windows, and sneaking off for a motorcycle ride once in a while.

My wife has always said she married me cause I am such a good cook. I learned from my Mom, too bad for my sisters they did not.
    Christie, It may be time to move closer, you do not want to lose this lady.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    My mom used to tell me that I would make some woman a good wife (I was always domestic like my mother was, cooked and took care of the home, never had interest in what the other teenage boys did.)

Sadly, I have never been given the opportunity to make a woman a good wife.

Your experience reminded me of a time long, long ago when I was about 12. I was preparing a cake to bake and my uncle (5 years younger than me - long story) was over and was watching me mix things together. He then said, "You might make someone a good wife someday." This is about 1957 when it happened. I was still secretly fixated on wanting to be a girl, but of course I never dressed that way - as I said, it was 1957 and boys did not do that except in very private situations. I recall thanking him and then dove into a flurry of imagining myself as a wife doing the same thing I was doing - making a cake for my family. Made me feel so good.