Thread: Process of normalizing

Red face Process of normalizing

My wife has a suitcase she has put together of all her clothes she wanted to give away. Since she has been doing the summer/winter closet flip, it was time for her to move some things she wasn't wearing. With her support, I rummaged through, tried on a bunch of stuff and scored a couple tops, a beautiful sundress, and a skirt. When she came back home, I gave her a little fashion show of what I'd picked out. She gave me some tips and had me try on some other stuff out of her closet.

I am so amazed at her! At one point she was giggling and it made me shy and self-conscious. When asked why she was laughing, she said, "This is all pretty new to me so I'm allowed some giggles... Now how about that sweater?" And like that, it was just another evening hanging out with my best friend and wife. No weirdness around it...

Today, I am planning on doing the body hair ritual. I've tried to trim close and the hair grows fast. I've shaved and it feels great for about a day, then all hell for a couple weeks. I've done a Brazilian wax and that felt the best later on, but damn it's expensive. Today I'll try the epilator. I still haven't approached any hair removal creams or other products/tools. Does anybody have any preferred methods they are willing to share?

This is turning out to be so exciting and so liberating. I don't know where this will lead to, but I'm happy to finally be able to truly BE without hiding any part of me.

Thanks again for reading and for your time.

Alexa

Platinum Member
    Be very grateful that your wife is sharing clothes, ideas and support, along with a few giggles. Much better than stony silence or outright hostility!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so thankful and excited. I hope I can offer that loving support to others who lack it in their lives!

Thanks for sharing your uplifting story - welcome to the forum

Hi Alexa,

Welcome to our little community.

You are so fortunate to have such a a supportive and encouraging wife.

As far as hair removal goes... I started out shaving, switched to an epilator. I prefer the epilator to shaving. I tried sugar wax on my chest. Loves it so much I picked up a home waxing kit. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Alexa, Enjoy the ride, sounds like you have a wonderful accepting wife. Make sure to do something nice for her too.
    Crissy

I am always sure to gracefully give as well as recieve.

Welcome
    I too have a very supportive wife.
    As far as hair I prefer to have my back waxed. I've tried the epilator but couldn't endure. So I just shave it all and sometimes my wife will shave my back for me.

The thing to remember about hair removal is that shaving, and creams, are just temporary solutions. The hair just continues to grow back. Only things like epilating, waxing, laser and electrolysis will give you permanent results.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Hi AlexaWayward,

Great to hear you have a supportive wife!

I shave every night when I take a shower. Fortunately I don't have much body hair to shave off.

Marion

Um... I would NOT recommend an epilator for the same areas as a Brazilian. You might find that quite uncomfortable. It should be fine for leg hair and most other body hair.

Yea! Way too sensitive! I did up to my knee on my right leg and I'm just tired and hungry now. Shaving is smoother and painless but my skin doesn't like it... So I'm considering getting it professionally done and maintaining it thereafter...
    Summary: Today I tried the epilator. It is loud and annoying, but the results are great albeit time-consuming to achieve.

I shaved my legs for years in the winter and had to do it twice a week to stay smooth.

Waxing felt great, full body, but as you say it gets expensive.

I've been using an epilator for over 4 years now and love it! Get waxed first so that you're starting with a clean slate. The pain/discomfort I think is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexaWayward View Post
    That's kind of the intention here - to get a clean slate done professionally and to maintain it myself.
    Clean slate. Done professionally. Omg this is the bee's knees.

Nothing feels as good as your spouse’s acceptance and love. Enjoy!

I used Nair a few times. It was good. Hair was gone for a couple of weeks. But then last time I used it I had bad rash and chemical burns on my legs. You might say I left it to Lkng but having used it before and never having a problem I figure I developed a reaction to it. Or I used it to often. I. Now afraid to try it again becaise that was not a good feeling.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alexa , Welcome To Our Forum,Just don't overwhelm yourWife With this program,

>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Alexa, That is a great story of acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Be kind with your supportive wife and do not abuse with your changes. Do not try to make a big step at once.

Platinum Member
    I am totally envious of all you ladies who have supportive and actively engaging wives. I can only through a comment in with others that do not throw too much at your wife. It may be new to her, but if you lose that male identity she fell in love with, she may find it getting too old.

I think you'll find the epulator the way to go in the long run without draining your pocketbook.
    Shaving gets old quick and the more you epulate, they less you have to do it.
    I too have to go thru my wife's things as she just purged a lot of stuff to go to a religious resale shop.
    All she knows I take her things there, not that I keep what I want.
    I do not have the support you have unfortunately...then again maybe I do but she doesn't want to know.
    I suppose it is "a process", as you suggest.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

You are so lucky to have such an understanding wife and I'm really pleased for you, It must feel wonderful to know she accepts you the way you are. Please let me know how you progress in the future it sounds as though your going to have some great times.